2017 Team Discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
And surprise surprise , David Mead has signed with the Donkeys for massive unders, $150k a season ( even though he was offered hundreds more elsewhere.

Houston, I think we have a problem!!
What idiot company would pay TPAs for Mead? I'm sure he's a good guy and all, but his profile ain't gonna move any widgets. He's the marketing equivalent of "what's his name", or maybe "that other guy".

I'm probably one of the few who would really like this bloke at the club.
You'd have to insert a few behavioral kpi's but he would give us some sting.

His form this year would certainly warrant it, he's been quality in the games I've watched him. Nearly 32 though.

What year is this again? End of 2015 there was rumours we were trying to off load Buhrer to the Knights. Bozo wanted Greg Birds toughness in our team. The Roosters may have stolen Liam Knight. Fast forward 12 months and..........not much has changed. Gee our club is going places and fast.

Wouldn't mind Bird, he's going well a 1 year deal would be ok whilst Jamil and Bainbridge develop further. Only issue is with over 30's one year they're in-form and healthy and the next year they struggle to be healthy for a single game.

Some points from this week's 'Ask the Lurker'

Bozo is working on sorting out the Turbo bros contracts, but if they are smart they will wait a while longer.

Manly have this far signed Lane, Green and Wright but expect them to sign one or two more decent names by the end of the month.

Some points from this week's 'Ask the Lurker'

Bozo is working on sorting out the Turbo bros contracts, but if they are smart they will wait a while longer.

Manly have this far signed Lane, Green and Wright but expect them to sign one or two more decent names by the end of the month.
Another Wright or the one we already had?

Oh and they've resigned their best three juniors as well this afternoon, following Gillett and now Mead.

Money is NO PROBLEM in Donkeyland, Salary Cap, who gives a **** that only forms a small part of the payment.

I'm getting very ****ing ****ty about this, hope the pricks are owned by the Boys on Friday night.

And this is the single reason that I am the closest I have ever been to walking away from the NRL. I have absolutely no interest in watching any games for the rest of the finals. Hopefully the NRL makes some radical changes to the salary cap (mainly TPA's and make players salary cap figures public) to make it fair and transparent. I am not holding my breath though. The other thing that needs to be addressed is the horrid state of officiating the game. This is the number one blight on the NRL that may drive more and more fans to Union, AFL or even A-League!

And this is the single reason that I am the closest I have ever been to walking away from the NRL. I have absolutely no interest in watching any games for the rest of the finals. Hopefully the NRL makes some radical changes to the salary cap (mainly TPA's and make players salary cap figures public) to make it fair and transparent. I am not holding my breath though. The other thing that needs to be addressed is the horrid state of officiating the game. This is the number one blight on the NRL that may drive more and more fans to Union, AFL or even A-League!

There's a few areas for me.

1) the inequality of the draw
2) TPA's have made the cap almost irrelevant.
3) on field and off field officials are either on the take or ****ing useless
4) the MRC and Judiciary seem to have different rules for different clubs

There's probably more but they are the main ones, will I walk away, no, will I whinge about it on Silvertails , sadly yes!!

There's a few areas for me.

1) the inequality of the draw
2) TPA's have made the cap almost irrelevant.
3) on field and off field officials are either on the take or ****ing useless
4) the MRC and Judiciary seem to have different rules for different clubs

There's probably more but they are the main ones, will I walk away, no, will I whinge about it on Silvertails , sadly yes!!
I guess (2) means you won't like the fact that the Lurker is saying that the ranga Napa to the Broncos is looking on...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8