2017 Team Discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
My greatest gripe is the TPAs. Suggesting the Salary Cap as it exists leads to a more equitable competition is utter BS. But the teams that benefit most tend to control the League so it would be a battle to have it seriously addressed. Personally I think a draft system is far more equitable, but of course there is the legal issue and the Players Association and the richer teams wouldnt want to alter the status quo, for something that reduces their power.

TPA's are making the cap useless, nrl must act on this now before more clubs do. The Broncos won't be the only ones cheating the cap in the future...

Sensible thing would be to put a cap on the TPA's. That way there is a limit and the clubs marketing departments can market to their ability level and actually do some work. With 2 caps think about all the two headed individuals who can get involved in the sport? ;)

Notice the Lurker in his weekly diatribe (Hi Adam) has us announcing 2 decent recruits before the end of the month (apart from this who are unofficially signed alr already)

Jono is a bit meatier than Brad Parker ... but I think Brad should get more runs next season and maybe if he keeps improving 2018 might be his year ... imho

Hi Mark. He was talking about Jonathan Wright mate. More than likely a depth signing. If he does make first grade he is at least a better option than Matt Wright and Brad Parker.
Here's a question. How fast is Jamil Hoppa? He seems about the same height as Tafua but leaner. I read somewhere he was going to play in the centres before the NRL blocked him for the game against panthers.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8