2017 Team Discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
My two bobs worth:
Who we have
Backs
- likely/possible starting line up;
Tom Trbojevic
Jono Wright
Steve Matai
D Walker
J Tafua
B Green
DCE

Backup backs in no specific order
Api
C Cullen
B Parker
Tom Wright
M Wright
B Williame

Forwards
D Lussick
M Parcell
AFB
M Tapau
J Buhrer
J Trbojevic

Backup forwards in no specific order
S Lane
Brenton Lawrence
L Brown
J Hopoate
B Bainbridge
N Myles
W Meehan
F Winterstein

its coming together .... personally I would like to see one or two solid, no nonsense, experienced go-forwards, signed for one or two years and not paying overs for them i.e. Sam Tagatese, Manu Mau types
and similarly another solid back that is fast can catch and cover for fullback i.e. p Hiku .... if fit and has a more killer attitude than when he was a Seaeagle .... many times I thought he was way to casual ... a bit like Jorge.

okay you can tear me apart now
I would like to see Parker get first crack at a wing spot over Williame, Wright and Wright.... right?

The Donks are very professionally run, they wouldn't be over the cap at all, if the cap is 5.8 Million they'd be sitting at 5.6 million.

The trouble is they'd have that much again from the Thoroughbreds , so in reality teams playing with only a 5.8 Million cap are probably playing the 11 million dollar Donkeys.

I kid you not, almost every player is endorsing something up here on radio / TV / Billboards, and ( not that I get these any more but when I was in business I did ) there's heaps of functions where players are special guests and invitations float all through the business world , and another example is the Golf company promoting its wares offering to " play a round with a Broncos player".

They are here, there and everywhere!!

Just imagine if Manly was the only side in Sydney, 50-60 k members, unlimited TPA's, easy days.

The NRL have a very very one sided arrangement up here and the Donks will fight tooth and nail to never have another side here to change any of that.

It's why @COMMANDER and I will be cheering for a Boys win this weekend, we hate the pricks !!!

Agree 100% Mark.

When the Crushers were around I knew some people running the show there amd the **** that the Bronco's would pull to keep their monopoly was pathetic.

Have always hated them, but those couple of years really showed them for what they are.

They wanted the Crushers killed off quick smart, and got their wish.

I pray for the day there is a second team up here. Not to support. Just to sticknit to those arrogant turds.

I'm waiting on @Ryan 's rumoured good signing from a few days ago. Many of us have doubted his mail in the past, and have then had to scrape off facial egg.
I'm still waiting on the Wheels from pre season, although I never take anything I read on here as gospel

I'm not sure Ryan said that he heard the players name. Rather that he heard people will be happy at who's been signed. Either way I hope we find out soon because I could do with some positive club news at this point in time !

Just imagine if Manly was the only side in Sydney, 50-60 k members, unlimited TPA's, easy days.

Sad thing is Manly really does have that opportunity sitting wasted.

Manly has no competition for fans or sponsors in all of Sydney north of the Harbour and the Parramatta River. All the way up to Palm Beach and across to Cheerybrook and down to North Sydney. It's all Manly's area if the club actually made use of it. It surely is bigger than Brisbane when it comes to population and big businesses.

Instead the club is stuck in the northern beaches mindset.

Last edited:
My two bobs worth:
Who we have
Backs
Tom Trbojevic
Jono Wright
Steve Matai
D Walker
J Tafua
B Green
DCE

Api
C Cullen
B Parker
Tom Wright
M Wright
B Williame

Forwards
D Lussick
M Parcell
AFB
M Tapau
J Buhrer
J Trbojevic

S Lane
Brenton Lawrence
L Brown
J Hopoate
B Bainbridge
N Myles
W Meehan
F Winterstein

its coming together .... personally I would like to see one or two solid, no nonsense, experienced go-forwards, signed for one or two years and not paying overs for them i.e. Sam Tagatese, Manu Mau types
and similarly another solid back that is fast can catch and cover for fullback i.e. p Hiku .... if fit and has a more killer attitude than when he was a Seaeagle .... many times I thought he was way to casual ... a bit like Jorge.

Looking at that...I'm actually a bit concerned that we have too many of the 'straight-up-the-middle' type of forwards, rather than needing more no-nonsense types. We make good ground with the ball in hand...but then we never spread it out wide to a good attacking fringe forward. Only Buhrer could be considered a good attacking option really. We need another ball-player like gifty was, and BK before him, to spark our backline. Though at least Lane has the arm-length to wrap one around out of the ruck!

Sad thing is Manly really does have that opportunity sitting wasted.

Manly has no competition for fans or sponsors in all of Sydney north of the Harbour and the Parramatta River. All the way up to Palm Beach and across to Cheerybrook and down to North Sydney. It's all Manly's area if the club actually made use of it.

Instead the club is stuck in the northern beaches mindset.

They must have their reasons but I agree with you !00%

Further signings still all hinge on whether Brett Stewart and Steve Matai go around again next year, or whether they hang up the boots due to medical retirement or whether they decide to stay (even though like in brett's case -not guaranteed the first grade full back role) but still using cap space for 2017.

With the retirement of Killer and 17 other players moved on, plus maybe Matai and Brett - that is a truck load of cash to recruit. Evident by Manly's 800k 4 year offer to Gillette!

Of course we have to be looking after our own back yard first with the Turbos. I'm sure Manly will offer than a reasonable deal for their age. The hard thing is trying to lure "rep players" away from an already successful side or that they have been local juniors for that club. You normally have to pay overs to get them to leave.

Look at Gillette, Josh Jackson, Cartright, Cordiner etc. All stayed at their respective clubs on long term deals (500k - 600k a year) To get them to leave you need to be offering success at another club and around 700k-800k!

I think we should be offering Tom and Jake the same IMO. They are only 20 and 21, haven't played rep footy yet, and if they really want to stay at Manly that is a fair sum for their age. A couple if years down the track when only 23-24, they will be upgraded to around 800k or more. Still amazing money for where they are in their careers.

Of course, other teams like the dragons we be trying to poach them, but just like the other rep players I mentioned above earlier, if they love the club, and believe in success staying at manly they will stay.

I just think that if Snake was going he would've announced it, had the clips on the footy show and in the papers showing how great he was, had his last mad mad mad monday with the boys on gone on his way.

I can't see him going out in the off season with no celebration because Futon asks nicely. Plus the money is better to stay too!!

My two bobs worth:
Who we have
Backs
Tom Trbojevic
Jono Wright
Steve Matai
D Walker
J Tafua
B Green
DCE

Api
C Cullen
B Parker
Tom Wright
M Wright
B Williame

Forwards
D Lussick
M Parcell
AFB
M Tapau
J Buhrer
J Trbojevic

S Lane
Brenton Lawrence
L Brown
J Hopoate
B Bainbridge
N Myles
W Meehan
F Winterstein

Some good young blokes amongst that group.
It would require us to be patient because I don't see a top 8 there but that's ok if we mould them our way and buy some names in 18.

Other than Cameron Cullen, Wilis Meehan, Shaun Lane and most likely Blake Green.....does anyone know who we have actually signed at this stage?

I just think that if Snake was going he would've announced it, had the clips on the footy show and in the papers showing how great he was, had his last mad mad mad monday with the boys on gone on his way.

I can't see him going out in the off season with no celebration because Futon asks nicely. Plus the money is better to stay too!!
It may have been a typo, but I love "Futon" as a new nickname for Bozo!

Snake wants to stay. Manly are forcing him out. It's ugly at the moment, that's why there hasn't been any announcement.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4