2017 Team Discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sorry to be bearer of bad news, but Matulino is not going anywhere. We can give you Manu Vatuvei though, for say...Jake Trbojevic? :)

Warriors have between 600-700k salary cap space, and if Foran is OK with that he will take it. Else if he wants more, and wants to stay in Syd so he can see his kids, we believe he will goto the Dogs.
Kearney wants a change in "culture" and Foran will take up too much cap space for the Warriors to keep Matulino, so I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but Matulino will be leaving the Warriors and if not him then someone's gotta give.

Sorry to be bearer of bad news, but Matulino is not going anywhere. We can give you Manu Vatuvei though, for say...Jake Trbojevic? :)

Warriors have between 600-700k salary cap space, and if Foran is OK with that he will take it. Else if he wants more, and wants to stay in Syd so he can see his kids, we believe he will goto the Dogs.
Nah a forward for a back isn't fair. Make it a back for a back, Fusita for Williame ok with you?

Mate gotta wait and see something official before saying stuff like that. There is barely any smoke to this rumour.
Oh yes, I was meant to write Matulino or someone else's gotta leave the Warriors... Consider it fixed

List pretty good apart from the odd mistake... Stewart will retire or will move on, and also you should at Matulino to the list, he sounds highly likely to be an Eagle hopefully!

The list does Not include players that we haven't signed ... we have not signed Mataulino ... as much as we may like to have him .... and Stewart is still contracted ... however Tafua and a few others are coming off contract

The list does Not include players that we haven't signed ... we have not signed Mataulino ... as much as we may like to have him .... and Stewart is still contracted ... however Tafua and a few others are coming off contract

Didnt Taufua just sign a new 3 year contract?

Didnt Taufua just sign a new 3 year contract?
He isn't moving that's for sure, I think he and Brenton Lawrence would've been announced on the players leaving list and if that's not the case then I still can't imagine manly wanting to lose a winger seeing we have so little of them

My team would be
1. Turbo
2. Jorge
3. Matai
4. Walker
5. B Parker
6. Green
7. Dce
8. Lussick
9. Parcel
10. Matulino
11. Tapau
12. Buhrer
13. Jake turbo
14. Brown/Api
15. AFB
16. Meehan
17. Myles/hoppa/lane

Not sure why this annoys me as much as it does but he signed for three years in 2014

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/jorge-taufua-resigns-with-manly-20140315-hvj2z.html

Sometimes you need to go past the first result you see in Google. It is the same with BJ - there have been plenty of reports that he triggered the clause in his favour for next year.

I think someone put that reference up and I didnt read it properly and confused it with him signing a new contract. I use age as an excuse.

• 😆
Reactions: lsz
Not sure why this annoys me as much as it does but he signed for three years in 2014

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/jorge-taufua-resigns-with-manly-20140315-hvj2z.html

Sometimes you need to go past the first result you see in Google. It is the same with BJ - there have been plenty of reports that he triggered the clause in his favour for next year.
I believe it says it on nrl.com's official transfer list as well (that he's off contract). I wonder why? I just can't understand how he's off contract, perhaps he's not.

We all love Jorge but I don't know - every time he takes a hit up my hearts in my mouth with his poor ball security lol Choc used to terrify me too..even when he managed to hold the pill u then hoped he could actually play the ball without dropping it

we are a strange bunch, the majority here have Meehan and Hoppa as certain NRL player even though neither have played for Manly.

Whilst you may be right long term the more likely thing is that they are not great players in the first few games. AFB struggled after 15 minutes of NRL pace early in the season, even Jake needed half a season to adjust, Tom still hasn't got his energy expenditure right and ends up tired and out of position in defense late in the games.

I think Meehan's fitness won't be an issue, I can see him being used for 35-40 mins a game. His boxing back ground will help with his fitness plus a full off season to get fit.

we are a strange bunch, the majority here have Meehan and Hoppa as certain NRL player even though neither have played for Manly.

Whilst you may be right long term the more likely thing is that they are not great players in the first few games. AFB struggled after 15 minutes of NRL pace early in the season, even Jake needed half a season to adjust, Tom still hasn't got his energy expenditure right and ends up tired and out of position in defense late in the games.
I have meehan and hoppa as co-captains

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10