2017 membership numbers (so far...)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I don't sign us up for the value of what the member pack offers.
I don't do it cause I like the owners or ceo's.
I don't do it cause the team wins week in week out.

I do it cause I love Manly. $80 to show my loyalty to the Eagles is nothing.
I know what you mean.
As for Cleary's video, it's all very well to say 'membership matters' but why not spell out why.
I mean there has to be a reason. Why keep it a secret?
ps I am a 'member' again, similar reasons to Batty for me.

This is the start of their campaign. Planned for a while. There will be more videos coming.

If they don't engage fans - the club gets criticised.
If the CEO tries to engage fans - the club gets criticised.
Really some people just enjoy a good old fashion sook.

I live in Nth Qld and my 2 sons (11 and 5) and I are all members.
I don't sign us up for the value of what the member pack offers.
I don't do it cause I like the owners or ceo's.
I don't do it cause the team wins week in week out.

I do it cause I love Manly. $80 to show my loyalty to the Eagles is nothing.

Go Manly. Prove everyone wrong!
Good for you, but of that's the best the club can do to engage fans ..... well....

Just watched the video on the clubs website the new CEO is really really inspirational :snooze:
As a Manly supporter for more than 55 years, and a Member for the past decade, I'd like to tell the club why I'm not renewing my membership. Perhaps this will give them an inkling why even rusted-on supporters like me are relinquishing membership this season.
1. The sacking of loyal and dedicated Manly playing and coaching staff. I give you Tooves, T-Red, Gutherson, Balin and Buhrer as examples.
2. The sacking of players with enormous potential. I give you Parcell and Knight as examples.
3. The recruitment of off-casts from clubs nowhere near as successful as us. Too many to mention here.
4. The obvious influence Fulton is having over decisions. Fulton is the greatest RL players I've seen, but I think resurrecting him as head honcho is a mistake.
I will still attend Brookvale Oval matches, as always, and probably travel to Brisbane to watch another 'home' match. I will always be a Manly supporter, but my decision not to renew my membership is the one way I have of giving club owners and officials a reason why Manly is so poorly supported this season.

Will you be happy when we merge or relocate due to not having enough members...?

I suppose you'll get your point across when that happens....
That's just doom and gloom. I doubt it will happen and if it did It wouldn't be because of membership.

Will you be happy when we merge or relocate due to not having enough members...?

I suppose you'll get your point across when that happens....

So if someone is a member at $80 and attends no games is that better than someone who is not a member and goes to all home games at full tote odds to get in, buys food, drink and maybe even merchandise.

I don't get this low membership and we are gone scenario. There is a lot more factors than just membership that you refer to.

So if someone is a member at $80 and attends no games is that different or better than someone who is not a member and goes to all home games at full tote odds to get in, buys food, drink and maybe even merchandise.

I don't get this low membership and we are gone scenario. There is a lot more factors than just membership that you refer to.
Some sense ......

Yeah it's never happened before to unsuccessful clubs. Certainly never happened to Manly.
Nothing to worry about...
We are a successful club. Membership is one measure but certainly not the only measure of success..... and certainly not the most important measure of whether a club stays or goes.

Your entitled to your opinion and maybe your right. Maybe the NRL looks at game attendance, beers and hot chip sales as the indicator....not to sure.

Membership of a Rugby League football club in a football competition probably doesn't mean much at all.

I think you'll find with food, drink and merchandise the club would take a small percentage of the sales as you a buying a product that the club doesn't produce. Buying a membership goes directly to the club for facilities and equipment for the players. Plus the NRL use it to gage the supporter base.

Anyway, my point is, that if Manly has no members - I can assure you there will be no club.
Bull****

Your entitled to your opinion and maybe your right. Maybe the NRL looks at game attendance, beers and hot chip sales as the indicator....not to sure.

Membership of a Rugby League football club in a football competition probably doesn't mean much at all.

I think you'll find with food, drink and merchandise the club would take a small percentage of the sales as you a buying a product that the club doesn't produce. Buying a membership goes directly to the club for facilities and equipment for the players. Plus the NRL use it to gage the supporter base.

Anyway, my point is, that if Manly has no members - I can assure you there will be no club.

And if no one turns up on game day, I don't care how many members you got you have lost your appeal to the NRL and the "paying broadcaster".

And membership goes to Sea eagles the company not the football club.

I thought membership was a way of people showing support for the club and not as insurance policy to stop us getting kicked out? That's sad if the main reason you are a member is as an insurance policy. I was a member and season ticket holder for many years. I am not renewing this year because the game schedule doesn't suit me and all the other crap that comes with being a member gives me no value. I will still support the team by going to games when I can, buying merchandise and watching every game.

It ****s me that people like you and our new CEO make out I am less of a supporter just because I don't carry a fuceken membership card or have a new hat and lanyard. I've been following Manly for 45 years and can remember a time when you didn't have to be a member to be a fan...... I liked those times.

Yep. Maybe your right.
But I wonder why Cleary would send the email/speech out calling for members to join if it means so little and isn't an important measure?... strange.
Because his boss wants more money in, that is less he has to pay out.

Yep. Maybe your right.
But I wonder why Cleary would send the email/speech out calling for members to join if it means so little and isn't an important measure?... strange.
It's one of his KPI's ands his boss said so......

And membership goes to Sea eagles the company not the football club.
Which is why I renewed my membership to the FC and not the other mob. I didn't take this decision lightly but I was surprised at how easy it was in the end.

I think it was the paddle pop stick life memberships that they dished out in an effort to undermine the FC that was the last straw for me.

I thought membership was a way of people showing support for the club and not as insurance policy to stop us getting kicked out? That's sad if the main reason you are a member is as an insurance policy. I was a member and season ticket holder for many years. I am not renewing this year because the game schedule doesn't suit me and all the other crap that comes with being a member gives me no value. I will still support the team by going to games when I can, buying merchandise and watching every game.

It ****s me that people like you and our new CEO make out I am less of a supporter just because I don't carry a fuceken membership card or have a new hat and lanyard. I've been following Manly for 45 years and can remember a time when you didn't have to be a member to be a fan...... I liked those times.

Hey, C'mon now @Wombat64 , who doesn't love a new lanyard every year?

Agree mate, I also live in Brisbane and pay my membership every year, not for what I think of management but I've pretty much bought into the brand since the sixties. It's in my blood and no amount of fcuk ups will sway my loyalty. Anyone who wants to dilute their loyalty and withdrawal their support might find there won't be a club to follow. They need to be careful what they wish for.

"They" are not the issue. It is what Penn & Co. are doing to the Eagles that makes them lose members.

If Manly fold because Penn doesn't like his new toy anymore then so be it.
It won't stop "they" from remembering what was, because what is isn't what it once was.

"They" said, "they" heard. Poor they.

Last edited:
"They" are not the issue. It is what Penn & Co. are doing to the Eagles that makes them lose members.

If Manly fold because Penn doesn't like his new toy anymore then so be it.
It won't stop "they" from remembering what was, because what is isn't what it once was.

"They" said, "they" heard. Poor they.
"They couldn't be that bitter and twisted could "They". If so I feel very very sorry for them.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 3 5 -55 8