2017 membership numbers (so far...)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It's owners who appreciate and understand the history and culture of their club
Helps a bit when the owners have links to the film making industry.
But I have to agree, a promo like that for Manly would be sensational.

Todays up to date list (apparently). Couldn't find this in the "exclusive members" area.

NRL Club Membership Tally
South Sydney Rabbitohs 25,006
Brisbane Broncos 19,420
Parramatta Eels 15,006
Melbourne Storm 14,268
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 13,436
St. George Illawarra Dragons 11,492
Canberra Raiders 10,731
Wests Tigers 10,511
Sydney Roosters 10,458
New Zealand Warriors 10,367
North Queensland Cowboys 10,269
Cronulla Sharks 10,064
Newcastle Knights 9,901
Manly Sea Eagles 9,676
Penrith Panthers 8,641
Gold Coast Titans 7,545

I'm hardly surprised by our low numbers compared to other teams, it's not like our current admin are endearing themselves to the fans. But geez, surely there's a reason behind those Panthers numbers. They should be closer to 15k than 5k. Great team, big area, the promising season ahead, 8.6k is upsetting.

Yeah that was my first thought too.

Sydney members 116K
Brisbane members 19K

but they will tell you they are the better supporters. Surely they should be more than double the next biggest team.

Knights win one game all season and they have higher membership than us.

Hmmmm....

I think alot of Manly fans are waiting to see how our first 4-6 games go to see if they will sign.

Can't be going too bad when the last two premiership winners are a few hundred ahead of us. Then you have the 5 year plans who own half of NSW and the mighty Greenberg Titans *sniff sniff* below us. Our numbers will obviously go up when the club begins marketing our new $5/5minute memberships, valid for the first 5 minutes of any game played >500KM's from Brookvale.

The strongest number there is probably the Tigers who are a rabble. That is a loyal fan base.

The young bloke and I signed up again. Got the packs last week. Yeah!!! 2 more membership stickers for the back of the car. ;)

Knights win one game all season and they have higher membership than us.

Hmmmm....

I think alot of Manly fans are waiting to see how our first 4-6 games go to see if they will sign.
Didn't you get the memo? Us fans are irrelevant. Some at the club think they can survive just fine without us.

Apparently it is a huge money spinner to rank low on the number of members, fail to entice fans to your home ground and run a club website with no information on the players pulling on the jerseys.

Sponsors are falling all over themselves to get a piece of that, at top dollar.

Didn't you get the memo? Us fans are irrelevant. Some at the club think they can survive just fine without us.

Apparently it is a huge money spinner to rank low on the number of members, fail to entice fans to your home ground and run a club website with no information on the players pulling on the jerseys.

Sponsors are falling all over themselves to get a piece of that, at top dollar.
Yes I see Daikin have left us for the Jersey of the Waratahs

The owners of the franchise would have sold far more franchise tickets if they actually had any idea of fan loyalty and some sort of business sense whatsoever.

Off loading Buhrer was the final straw for me and I can not say enough, how disillusioned I am with the franchise.

I honestly have zero confidence in the people running the place. And until things change, they wont get a cent from me or my family.

Anyway just for interest these are the member numbers from July 2016..............!! As taken from http://leagueunlimited.com/news/27092-2016-nrl-club-membership-tracker/

BRI-16teamlist2.png
36,215: 18 Jul
SOU-16teamlist.png
32,725: 18 Jul
PAR-16teamlist.png
22,676: 18 Jul
CBY-16teamlist.png
20,499: 18 Jul
PEN-16teamlist.png
19,122: 18 Jul
NQL-16teamlist.png
18,926: 18 Jul
WAR-16teamlist.png
18,000: 9 Jul
SGI-16teamlist.png
17,654: 18 Jul
MEL-16teamlist.png
17,009: 18 Jul
CAN-16teamlist2.png
15,239: 18 Jul
WST-16teamlist.png
14,362: 18 Jul
CRO-16teamlist.png
14,074: 18 Jul
SYD-16teamlist.png
13,957: 18 Jul
MAN-16teamlist.png
13,262: 18 Jul
NEW-16teamlist.png
11,955: 18 Jul
GLD-16teamlist.png
10,106: 18 Jul

One thing none of the Manly-related totals (almost certainly) don't include, are the FC membership numbers. That July 2016 figure would probably be between 900-1200 members (minimum) more than the figure listed.

In other words either just above or below the Tigers. Of course some, probably most, FC members are or have been season ticket holders under the Pentatorship.

Tooves gettting sacked and Buhrer being moved on has done it for me. I'm waiting to see how the Matai and Stewart situation is handled before I decide whether to renew.

Club membership under our ownership structure is a farce.
It is not membership of a club.
It is simply a subscription to a ticketing deal or ancillary rewards, discounts and the like.
The Footbal Club, toothless though it be at present, is at least a club and members are members, not merely consumers.
Having said all that, those who claim they're refusing to sign up as a protest against Penn & Co are cutting off their nose to spite their face, unless they never plan to attend any match or buy any merchandise.

and Titans cheapest adult membership is $25 !! .... I reckon that Manly membership would go up with a base membership .... non ticketed for people that are unlikely to attend live games but still want to be members (pensioners like me that live far away from Sydney for example) ... we may be called the Silvertails ... doesn't
mean we are all flush

Our membership options are very limited. 3 primary types : non-ticketed, 3 game or 10 game. I don't understandable why MWSE are unwilling to expand this? I've asked before why they got rid of the 6 game membership a few years ago and they said well we can ring up and get another 3 game one. Poor service. Other clubs have at least double this range of options e.g. 2, 4, 6, 8, 12 game packages.

Our membership options are very limited. 3 primary types : non-ticketed, 3 game or 10 game. I don't understandable why MWSE are unwilling to expand this? I've asked before why they got rid of the 6 game membership a few years ago and they said well you can ring up and get another 3 game one. Poor service. Other clubs have at least double this range of options e.g. 2, 4, 6, 8, 12 game packages.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7