2017 membership numbers (so far...)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
what a medal some carry by not doing joining the football club and being so proud.

A shame they have no chest to pin it on.
I agree. Everyone should be a member of the Football Club.
The NRL franchise and Penns though don't need our money.

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles have today surpassed the 10,000 Members milestone for the 2017 season.
The milestone comes in the same week the Sea Eagles launched its latest membership drive, ‘Are you Manly’, as part of an aggressive new campaign aimed at increasing their low membership numbers.

I wonder if they believe their own spin. We were 9700 3 weeks ago. Aggressive new campaign!!! WTF was aggressive about the video.

Last edited:
There is one misguided quote in the PR story from DCE, I think, that states: "We love playing in front of a packed Brookvale Oval."
Memo Cherry: You don't have to be a member to gain entry to Brookie. Just as long as you pay the entrance fee they will let anyone in.

Which is why I renewed my membership to the FC and not the other mob. I didn't take this decision lightly but I was surprised at how easy it was in the end.

I think it was the paddle pop stick life memberships that they dished out in an effort to undermine the FC that was the last straw for me.

That was just plain stupid!!

The lowest of the low IMO!

No doubt all 3 will be nominated ( might even do it myself) to get their " real" life memberships when the other two's futures have been sorted.

I've been a member of this club since 1977 and sure there were years I didn't renew but that was mostly because I was overseas and at the time the club was so wealthy I didn't even think about what my membership of the club meant but rather just easy entry. It's only been in the last 10 years that I realised what my membership means to the club, given we almost lost it and thanks initially to Max, it was saved.

I don't care who owns the club and to be honest, I don't care who plays for the club, although I'd like a plethora of Northern Beaches Juniors in the squad, but ultimately I support the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles and as do many of my mates.

In all the years I've supported Manly, I've never been disappointed and even with the Northern Eagles, I just recognised it was a necessity at the time and while I may not have preferred it to happen, I accepted that the club management had made a decision for survival of the club, but I was much happier when we became Manly again.

You don't have to be a member to be a fanatical supporter of the club, but it's something I choose to do and I feel better for it, knowing that I am contributing, albeit in a small way.

I'll be at the season launch, I was at Tooves farewell (love the little fella) and I'll be at as many games as I can attend, wherever Manly play.

I own a market research company and out of interest I scoured the sites of other clubs to try and see why we are the lowest membership base.

Yep most have their 25 up there and some with over 30, but I think the club is just waiting until they know what is happening with Snake and Skivvy (it may a Cap or legal issue for all I know). And yes, the club could explain that quite simply and they do need to improve communication, although there are signs that they are trying to do so.

Apart from that, other club members all complain about the same or similar things we do on this site, so we are not pioneers.

I guess quite a few of our followers expectations and intelligence is significantly higher than that of other clubs, or maybe just apathy regarding membership.

I respect those who choose not to be a member for whatever their reasons are, but I'll always be a member whilst ever Manly exists, in whatever competition they play in. It doesn't make me more of a supporter than anyone else, it's just my choice.

Last edited:
That was just plain stupid!!

The lowest of the low IMO!

No doubt all 3 will be nominated ( might even do it myself) to get their " real" life memberships when the other two's futures have been sorted.

Thought it was 4. Lyon, Snake, Matai, and Ballin. Could be wrong as it has been known to happen. Hopefully the 3 you nominate are the ones I'd support. :)

It was a dog act. This has been a function of the FC since the club's inception. It was plain and simple a PR stunt which undermined and devalued current life members.

Thought it was 4. Lyon, Snake, Matai, and Ballin. Could be wrong as it has been known to happen. Hopefully the 3 you nominate are the ones I'd support. :)

It was a dog act. This has been a function of the FC since the club's inception. It was plain and simple a PR stunt which undermined and devalued current life members.

Marty deserves one but why I say 3 is Matt is still playing , his won't happen until he retires

Dog act .......never in my 53 year support of Manly has anything so low happened.

I paid my membership this year not wanting to go through another NE disaster BUT I didn't enjoy it!

Poor decisions have been made by the administration and it appears some by players in the past. But Manly's legacy is not the owners or the administration from time to time because they are simply temporary custodians. Those that have invested large sums of their money and time into our club have contributed to it's survival and I thank them for that. But Manly is part of my fabric and the wonderful memories I have watching those that have bled maroon and white for my eagles enables me to look ahead with optimism and hope notwithstanding the political nonsense and personal agendas that have poisoned the running of our club in recent years. I am grateful that my club survives and I will support them however I can including financially when I can afford it. I have been a member of the Leagues Clubs for many years and I purchased 3 game memberships last year and this year. That however does not make me a better supporter than someone that cannot afford it or chooses not buy game membership. However I will never invest my coin into another club and not Manly in protest against the current administration that for me would be an act of betrayal to myself.

Poor decisions have been made by the administration and it appears some by players in the past. But Manly's legacy is not the owners or the administration from time to time because they are simply temporary custodians. Those that have invested large sums of their money and time into our club have contributed to it's survival and I thank them for that. But Manly is part of my fabric and the wonderful memories I have watching those that have bled maroon and white for my eagles enables me to look ahead with optimism and hope notwithstanding the political nonsense and personal agendas that have poisoned the running of our club in recent years. I am grateful that my club survives and I will support them however I can including financially when I can afford it. I have been a member of the Leagues Clubs for many years and I purchased 3 game memberships last year and this year. That however does not make me a better supporter than someone that cannot afford it or chooses not buy game membership. However I will never invest my coin into another club and not Manly in protest against the current administration that for me would be an act of betrayal to myself.
Who has invested coin into another club in protest?

Thinking of getting the 3 game membership as I will be lucky to get to anymore games then that.
Plan on going to the first game, can you get your membership at the supporters store on game day or do I need to buy it before hand and if I need to buy it on Monday will I receive my tickets etc by the weekend ?

Do you blokes sit together on the hill together or not ?

Do it Duffman! Give membership a call Monday morning and they will explain what you need to do to get into the game. Sometimes there's a membership stand set up at the games, sometimes not so don't count on it although you would expect them to be there for round 1. The supporters store probably won't sell you a membership though.

You probably won't get your membership pack mailed out immediately, I think they do it in bulk when they have enough to get a mail out team together instead of doing it in dribs and drabs but your tickets can be arranged separately - speak to them by phone.

Re sitting together, I've never actually met another Silvertails poster in person although I'm suspicious I've seen a couple of likely picks at games. I wouldn't know what to say if I did meet one, it's a bit like internet dating like that. Apparently there's a crew that hang in the middle of the hill up the back near the bar/shed thing.

Yep. Maybe your right.
But I wonder why Cleary would send the email/speech out calling for members to join if it means so little and isn't an important measure?... strange.

Revenue stream, that's what members are to Clubs.:gbp:

Now that the ARLC has granted perpetual licences, the KPI of 'bums on seats' is removed.
Clubs get no help from the NRL in growing their business @:cool:

That is why the NRL is rolling in money with the media revenue, whilst Clubs are $50 million in the red. :confused:
Toddy's in charge of killing the golden goose :banghead:

The 4 MSE Life Members are Lyon, Kite, Matai and Stewart.

Kitey is also the 2015 MWDRLFC Life Member :clap:

Revenue stream, that's what members are to Clubs.:gbp:

Now that the ARLC has granted perpetual licences, the KPI of 'bums on seats' is removed.
Clubs get no help from the NRL in growing their business @:cool:

That is why the NRL is rolling in money with the media revenue, whilst Clubs are $50 million in the red. :confused:
Toddy's in charge of killing the golden goose :banghead:

The 4 MSE Life Members are Lyon, Kite, Matai and Stewart.

Kitey is also the 2015 MWDRLFC Life Member :clap:
Clubs are losing money but according to the telecrap, we were third or fourth best despite a rubbish season. So while we hammer the club for any and everything, they seem to be going ok mitigating their losses.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8