2017 membership numbers (so far...)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
As someone who doesn't really understand not renewing because of choices made by the club can I ask those that do - what are you hoping to achieve? That the club loses enough members that the Penns leave and the NRL takes over? That the Penns take us to WA? That the Sea Eagles are no more?

I look at Newcastle and they have many more members than us. Bigger crowds. The clubs in turmoil with repeated spoons but ... their supporters really don't care. They just support. Win lose or draw.

Personally I've never understood "voting with your feet" so I'm interested to hear what the end goal is?

I'll just add, everyone's entitled to do whatever they please. I'm not judging, just questioning? :)

The only way I can voice my disapproval with the way the club is being run is by removing my small financial contribution. Saying goodbye to the Penns is easy, and I can still go to games if I see fit.

Pretty simple for me.

I don't think anyone said that it was the only way.
The question posed was that those who choose to vote with their feet in terms of membership and attendance? What's the end goal? Ultimately with lower attendance and lower memberships it puts the heat on the Penns/NRL to see the Eagles as the weak link and easiest target for a relocatable team or one to merge. So I'm intersted to hear from those who are voting with their feet - what's the outcome your looking for?

Only thing I want is Manly to be a force again.

Although I didn't renew my membership I'm still supporting the team financially. I'll still go to games, I just bought 4 new jerseys for the family from the club. I am also a paid up long term member of the real football club. For a number of reasons I stopped our membership this year and with that our season tickets. Why? The game times don't suit me, I don't think the membership is good value and lastly yes I do think the current owners are a bunch of slimy c$nts and I don't agree with a whole bunch of decisions they have made. Am I less of a fan than you because I am not a member? No idea and nor do I give a fucek. I do know that I will watch every single game either live or on TV and will cheer as loudly as ever for the mighty Sea Eagles and ride and highs and the lows of 2017 ....... as far as I am concerned that makes me a fan.

Last edited:
But if everyone did the same thing there would be no games to go to I suppose?... Perhaps this doesn't worry you and that's why you use it as leverage?...

Personally I'd be devasted losing the Eagles (again). But hey, each to their own. To me, we've been through a lot worse than the Penns, Toovey, Buhrer departure etc of recent times. I guess it's all about perspective.

I hope you get the voice of disapproval you are chasing.

When your voice doesn't matter, and your contribution is all you have, then its simply the last resort to voice displeasure.

I doubt I will get my "satisfaction", but I will decide when I pay to see the mighty eagles play and Shylock can have his pound of flesh for then.

I am old enough to have lived through the NE's and wouldn't wish it on any MWSE members or non member supporters. If a paying membership indicates the true level of support for your team I guess its time to close the forum to paid members only.

Then again it would become a pretty boring forum fast enough.

Big campaign on Facebook today, with Tim Cleary pleading for people to join.

We are the second worst in the NRL, and the worst in Sydney.

So the " **** em I'm not paying " approach by many is starting to hurt!

I should add, I'm a 2017 member now.

I mightn't like the plan but I can at least see one now !
Agree mate, I also live in Brisbane and pay my membership every year, not for what I think of management but I've pretty much bought into the brand since the sixties. It's in my blood and no amount of fcuk ups will sway my loyalty. Anyone who wants to dilute their loyalty and withdrawal their support might find there won't be a club to follow. They need to be careful what they wish for.

^ Email sent out from the club, too, Mark. Still, I'm not sure that having a video of Tim Cleary (who most Manly fans won't know from a bar of soap) telling us how bad our numbers are is going to drum up too much excitement. Seems like an odd approach.

Big campaign on Facebook today, with Tim Cleary pleading for people to join.

We are the second worst in the NRL, and the worst in Sydney.

So the " **** em I'm not paying " approach by many is starting to hurt!
Mark, do you think they (the club) understand why some have made the choice not to join?

If I do relent and buy a membership it will be the cheapest one and not what I have had the last 5 years which was 5 maroon eagles season tickets in Jane Try stand which cost me about $2400.

Just watched the video on the clubs website ..... made me want to vomit. I am Manly. Are they? Tooves was Manly ........, Ferris was Manly. Fucek 'em,

Yep. Please a dummy spit.

I agree an odd approach, an odd statement spoken by someone no one knows well, it smells of desperation to be honest.

BUT I never ever want to see another Beagles in my lifetime so if paying helps that not to happen then so be it!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8