2016 Halves Choice Merged Mega-Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
On the other hand, what is there to really draw him here at the moment, other than money? I thought that is the sort of player we don't want here. ;) Sure, he'll get guaranteed game time, but who will he be partnered with? Is he old enough mentally to take on the massive burden of being our full time number 7. Who ever takes the job on will have big shoes to fill, and a massive weight of expectation to carry.
Damn it! You're right...he's too young and inexperienced. The game today reminded me so much of the first time I saw DCE play in the QLD Cup. Shame Manly doesn't have that affiliation with the Sunny Coast anymore...we could've slotted him in there for a year to ripen. @:blush:

Seen that game and thought the same. Elgy is a massive talent. But at times in defence he had to do a Sandow and go straight out to the wing. Give him 2 years to mature and he could be anything but he ain't the savigour.

I thought Sandow was a done deal Chiefmeister.
You forgot the "BOOM" part. Chief's Left Nut always likes the drama of it; here, I'll show you how it goes:

Eels to get another wooden spoon.
BOOM!
Done deal people!

I thought Sandow was a done deal Chiefmeister.
It is worth taking a punt on Sandow. Not literally because he has gambling problems, but his bread and butter is playmaking which is what we need. But please keep the bread and butter away from him or he'll get fat again. Fat like the contract he signed at Parra and has never lived up to. But how can he live up to anything if he is immortal? Which is what Chief Eagle thinks Sandow is. Immortal. Not in the league sense. More like a zombie - undead. And zombies lack any form of brain function. Just like Chief Eagle.

I am not a massive fan of Maloney (especially if he comes at increased $)

A question for the more astute judges on here. If Tom T is really going to be our next big thing would it not make sense to move Snake in the halves?

I am not a massive fan of Maloney (especially if he comes at increased $)

A question for the more astute judges on here. If Tom T is really going to be our next big thing would it not make sense to move Snake in the halves?
Move Snake from the back and it would cost us games. His last man one on one defence is probably tops in the NRL.

Agree but lets consider a scenario where we attract 1 decent half...who else are you going to play?

Also if Tom T is ready then he is ready...

I suspect that Jamie might retire after this year. Mason may also. With that said, my halves and team for 2016 would be:

1. B. Stewart
2. T. Trbojevic
3. P. Hiku
4. S. Matai
5. C. Gutherson (must resign 150k)
6. F. Mateo
7. T. Carney (sign for 600k)
8. L. Burgess
9. M. Ballin
10. T. Burgess (sign for 500k)
11. D. Lui (must resign 200k)
12. B. Lawrence
13. J. Buhrer

14. L. Sao (must resign 200k)
15. J. Trbojevic
16. S. Kasiano (sign for 500k)
17. J. Sene-Lefao

That would mean spending roughly 2.1mil of our cap but would save with Mason and Jamie's retirement.

Ballin and Matai would be due to retire when the Turbo brothers are due an upgrade. Taking into account pending salary cap rises in a couple years, I think we are in a much better position than the Titans or Parra salary cap wise.

I suspect that Jamie might retire after this year. Mason may also. With that said, my halves and team for 2016 would be:

1. B. Stewart
2. T. Trbojevic
3. P. Hiku
4. S. Matai
5. C. Gutherson (must resign 150k)
6. F. Mateo
7. T. Carney (sign for 600k)
8. L. Burgess
9. M. Ballin
10. T. Burgess (sign for 500k)
11. D. Lui (must resign 200k)
12. B. Lawrence
13. J. Buhrer

14. L. Sao (must resign 200k)
15. J. Trbojevic
16. S. Kasiano (sign for 500k)
17. J. Sene-Lefao

That would mean spending roughly 2.1mil of our cap but would save with Mason and Jamie's retirement.

Ballin and Matai would be due to retire when the Turbo brothers are due an upgrade. Taking into account pending salary cap rises in a couple years, I think we are in a much better position than the Titans or Parra salary cap wise.
Killer ain't going anywhere

think this team would be a force.

1. Stewart
2. Trbojevic
3. Hiku
4. Matai
5..Gutherson
6. Mateo
7. Maloney
8. L. Burgess
9. M. Ballin
10. T. Burgess