2016 Halves Choice Merged Mega-Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Why do females prefer DCE over Foran it can't be due to his skillset as women have no idea lol.

Your Mrs may have no idea about rugby league but my wife is very knowledgable and so are some of her friends! They'd probably know more about the game, skill sets n all, than a lot of league blokes on here!! Sarcasm or an honest opinion, it's offensive and degrading to all Women in League and the NRL's initiative!!

I would embrace the re-building philosophy and look at the following...

Elgey at half.
Snake shifted to 5/8.
Turbo blooded at fullback
Some money spent on some hard headed forwards
Des back at coach with Toovey assisting (I know this is wishful and highly unlikely, but if everyone could get over the emotions and history I see that as the best combo for our re-building. Toovey may well make a good coach one day, but now is not his time, in my opinion. Des is much better suited to this situation, though I would add the proviso he would need to relinquish some of his control over player contracts and work with management).

We have a good record for developing halves with potential. Snake has the ball skills to play 5/8 and would be great to have him actively playing while mentoring young Turbo at fullback. It's not always going to be pretty, but that's the whole point of re-building. It has the potential to support and develop two young talents in key spine positions for us.

Yes, Hiku could go back and play fullback too in the interim, but I see him better filling in a centre position once Lyon/Matai move on.

Anyway, just a thought.

I'm hearing that Matt Johns' boy is looking very promising in U16's...so we just need someone who is good for another 3 years or so. Maloney seems top-of-mind to me. Anyone seen enough of Rudolph (footy player, not red-nosed reindeer) to make an opinion?
I rate him! I go to almost every NSW Cup game so have seen him play on plenty of occasions.
I think he's a talented and promising prospect Manly must retain!
A utility back who can play 5/8, halfback, centre and fullback. He's lightfooted with a good step, he's good ball skills and is one of those players who seems to have time with the ball, he can score try's and is a handy goal kicker! Joey Johns has had a huge impact and his game has improved in leaps n bounds under his guidance!
No one can replace DCE or Foz and it would be unfair to compare the next 6 & 7 to the guys who walked out the door, but given the opportunity I think he could be our next 'unknown' rookie to rock the socks off of everyone in the NRL! :)

Your Mrs may have no idea about rugby league but my wife is very knowledgable and so are some of her friends! They'd probably know more about the game, skill sets n all, than a lot of league blokes on here!! Sarcasm or an honest opinion, it's offensive and degrading to all Women in League and the NRL's initiative!!
Well said Bird Up.

Seriously are you kidding, I was playing to a stereotype and know of many women who understand the game.

Offensive and degrading does have a "in context" element that the average person should be able to see the difference.

I don't think it would happen as I can't see him leaving his current club, but .....

I would love to see Shaun Johnson running around in the maroon and white #7 jumper. I wouldn't have said that before seeing as we have DCE and Foz. But as we will lose them at the end of the season (better get used to it), if Johnson was on the open market he would be the one I'd be going hard to sign.

You think it was Foz's creativity that took the Kiwis to the Four Nations title last year? Behind a strong pack it was Johnson leading the way. Foz played well, don't get me wrong (I wish he'd show that form at Manly), but for mine Johnson is the lynchpin of both the Warriors and Kiwi test team.

Can't see Elgey leaving the Titans. He played well on the left side for the titans last game against the sharks.
With DCE on the right they will palm off Sezer and Mortimer for 2016.

Sezer anyone?

Can't see Elgey leaving the Titans. He played well on the left side for the titans last game against the sharks.
With DCE on the right they will palm off Sezer and Mortimer for 2016.

Sezer anyone?
Correct

Both Sezer and Elgey play left side so Sezer will be the one to miss out.

Still Sezer is several levels above how our current 5/8 is playing so at the moment he will be an improvement. He can also kick goals which is a bonus

Not suggesting we buy him but I watched Albert Kelly score 2 length of the field try's in a super league game the other day...even Travis Burns was playing with more heart than Foran.

Ultimately I would like our owners and dce to have a change of heart, but if that doesn't happen the stocks are looking thin.
Half for me is still Carney - he is the only player that come close to have the same skill set as DCE and a huge kick. (all depends on whether Roosters want him or re-sign Maloney)
Five-eighth would like an ad lib type player. Have enjoyed the way Sandow is playing - using his pace and trying to get on the outside of his opponent and doing something different in attack. Kelly wouldn't be a bad player to have next to decent half like Carney, or Sezer.

Just get one half (Todd Carney), play Feleti at 5/8, and groom one of our young guys. Play Elgey in reggies for a year or two. Carney wouldn't be too expensive I assume (300-400k odd). We then have plenty of cap to build around them. Even squeeze in Willie mason if possible.

01. Brett Stewart / Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua / Chayse Blair
03. Steve Matai / Clinton Gutherson
04. Jamie Lyon / Brayden Wiliame
05. Peta Hiku / David Williams
06. Feleti Mateo / Jack Littlejohn
07. Todd Carney / Kane Elgey
08. Luke Burgess / Josh Starling
09. Matt Ballin / Brayden Hodges
10. Tom Burgess / Jesse Sene-Lefao
11. Tom Symonds
12. Dunamis Lui
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Brenton Lawrence
15. Ligi Sao / Tyson Andrews
16. Willie Mason / James Hasson
17. Jake Trbojevic / Michael Chee-Kam

We'd be well under the cap with this team as well, so could probably afford another blue chip forward.

Not suggesting we buy him but I watched Albert Kelly score 2 length of the field try's in a super league game the other day...even Travis Burns was playing with more heart than Foran.
With the change to interchange Kelly might just be the man. Running halves are going to become all the rage.

Mbye is not off contract but if the Dogs do re-sign Hodkinson then it might be worth putting feelers out

I'd be happy with Mbye and Elgey...............also i think Cornish should be in the mix

When did contract expiry matter? Choc/ Parra

Still a no to carney for me, although he has great talent.
Even though it's unlikely Elgey will leave, chuck 250-300k and first team appearances and he'll be on his way.
Only buy one half, Elgey, if not go for Maloney Widdop R.Chase Nikorimas Cornish Brooks Kelly Mullen.
Play Lyon/ Mateo / Rudolph at five eighth if we don't get two, but would rather buy one quality half and wait a year or two for another quality half.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8