2016 halves already done and dusted apparently

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don't anything is done and dusted if it was there would have been the announcement the club wouldn't keep quiet about it . I do think they realize that the fans are wanting answers Till the round 13 deadline happens then it will be done and dusted unless DCE makes another announcement . the 1/2's that are available can wait till then . cause there aren't many clubs really chasing any, so manly can bide there time till DCE makes his final decision. Then announcements will happen quite quickly i think

7 and 6 are pretty much the same now. I think Carney would have no probs in the 7
He struggled when playing Halfback at Cronulla, then came good when Robson was at Halfback. Carney needs an organising halves partner with him because he's not an organiser and that's what we need if Cherry leaves.

How do you explain a Dally M player of the year (not half), - I mean overall? What about him representing Australia and New South Wales? Over hyped?

You set pretty high standards mate @:rolleyes:

EDIT: Carney hs played 1/2 back plenty of times and places.

I wouldn't want Ben Barber either.

How do you explain a Dally M player of the year (not half), - I mean overall? What about him representing Australia and New South Wales? Over hyped?

You set pretty high standards mate @:rolleyes:

EDIT: Carney hs played 1/2 back plenty of times and places.

Here's how... its a halves awards judged in part by Daily telegraph Journos ( especially in 2010 ) which Matt Orford also won and was let go by us a couple of years later.....and by next year it will be 6... yes 6 years.... since Carney won, and his form has NEVER been anywhere near that level since.

But yeah he's great.

Dug up these stats on Carney too - here's where his team has finished on the table each year since his career started at seasons end. In order 8th, 14th, 7th, 14th, 6th, 6th ( made GF ) ,11th, 7th, 7th,5th,16th. In finals his teams have played 10 - won 3 and lost 7. Yes they weren't great rosters but as a 'great' player I'd hope my halfback could lead my team into the top 4 at least once in 11 seasons. But that's just me.

Dug up these stats on Carney too - here's where his team has finished on the table each year since his career started at seasons end. In order 8th, 14th, 7th, 14th, 6th, 6th ( made GF ) ,11th, 7th, 7th,5th,16th. In finals his teams have played 10 - won 3 and lost 7. Yes they weren't great rosters but as a 'great' player I'd hope my halfback could lead my team into the top 4 at least once in 11 seasons. But that's just me.

Hmmmm....they ARE some pretty damning stats tbh.

I'm not so sure about that. In the right environment, Barba can dominate a game
I doubt that! And I'd be surprised if Carney is our big hope, but I will defer to recruitment people, they have a pretty good record of identifying what we need.

Carney could be available so it puts him the mix with every other halfback available we could do stats on all available and see but i think no one stacks up to what was but may still availble to Manly

I am against signing Carney, for me he's in the same boat as Sandow. On their day, they're match winners, and on their off days they're match losers. Consistency is about closing the gap between your best and worst.

If they were young, you might persist and hope they mature into more consistent player. As it is Carney about to turn 29 and Sandow 26.

This doesn't even take into account their 'off field' antics...

I could live with having Carney at 5/8 for a few years but only if we get the best young up and comer like Ashley Taylor...that combination isn't going to replace what we've lost but I think we'de still be very competitive. We'd also probably still have a few dollars up our sleeves which would come in handy if we wanted to increase our forward power.

I don't rate Carney as a "great" player, he has a good passing game and is a pretty good on his day, but no great. Consistency isn't a high point in his career. Anyway my biggest concern with him is his hammies and lower leg injuries. He's had a few.

I don't rate Todd Carney as great either. I only thought he's capable, has plenty of experience and he'd make a good foil for someone starting in their first year of grade.
I'd be more than happy if the club looked elsewhere but we seem to be running out of experienced alternatives.

Carney is injury prone and overplays his hand in big/tight games :mad:

He was useless in that Melbourne SOO, all he had to do was kick and he didn't :cool:

Hope the NRL stall on readmitting him.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7