2016 halves already done and dusted apparently

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
https://au.sports.yahoo.com/league/a/27919762/the-7th-tackle-with-josh-massoud-and-jim-wilson/
Tackle Two - Carney pens plea to Smith

Todd Carney has stepped-up his bid to return to the NRL, sending Dave Smith a personal letter of remorse last month. The NRL yesterday confirmed Carney has made the plea via a direct email from France to Smith "several weeks ago". Smith has since replied, but a spokesman declined to detail the contents of either missive. Other sources have told us Carney was extremely open and apologetic; begging Smith for one final lifeline.

There's no doubt he is frustrated and homesick at Les Catalans. Persistent injury has only added to Carney's sense of isolation. First he tore a hamstring, then he busted some ribs, and, just this week, limped-off the field in his comeback game. Whether Smith will be moved by Carney's plea remains to be seen. Thus far he's stuck to a hardline response to questions about the playmaker: Carney must prove he's now a fit and proper person to warrant registration. That determination won't be made until a club attempts to lodge a contract, which leaves Carney is a difficult spot because there's every chance negotiations could be futile.

His representatives have tried reaching-out to the Roosters for a second chance, but it's likely James Maloney will be re-signed on a two-year deal. Cronulla officials have been impressed by his remorse, but are wary of his deteriorating body. The Sharks are also on the cusp of welcoming back Chad Townsend from the Warriors. However, New Zealand is refusing to release Townsend unless the Sharks also sign out-of-favour prop Sione Lousi. That leaves Manly, which might become a player should Daly Cherry-Evans honour his deal with the Titans.

Thus far he's stuck to a hardline response to questions about the playmaker: Carney must prove he's now a fit and proper person to warrant registration. That determination won't be made until a club attempts to lodge a contract, which leaves Carney is a difficult spot because there's every chance negotiations could be futile.

Why can't Smith just tell Carney he's in or he's out? Does he just enjoy watching him suffer? Or is he waiting to see whether it is one of the "favoured" clubs that tries to register him?

I'm no fan of Carney. I don't want him to come to Manly. I think he deserves another shot at the NRL but I can see why others may think otherwise. Either way, he deserves to be treated with some respect and compassion and should be told where the NRL stands.

Yep. It seems like we're actually dodging a bullet by losing Kieran "Micheal Clarke's back" Foran.
We don't need to put ourseleves in the position we've managed to avoid.

We'll have to wait and see what happens, but just because Tooves said something on a national TV program means nothing. Why would he give away recruitment plans /strategies. It could well be true, equally it could all be BS
Your profile photo is awesome! Would love to see that become our logo. Minimalist! All the rage.

I dunno - did we? The only ones saying we did were the same media who were adamant he was about to announce he was signing with us and then he um... didn't.
100% we tried to get Elgey. It was virtually a done deal until the Titans made a last ditch increase in their offer to get them over the line. Toovey was interviewed and he was disappointed.

100% we tried to get Elgey. It was virtually a done deal until the Titans made a last ditch increase in their offer to get them over the line. Toovey was interviewed and he was disappointed.
I personally don't think Tooves has been playing a straight bat in interviews. Especially in 360. He is withholding A LOT.

Maybe we offered Elgey some silly money because we knew they'd up their offer to keep him, which ensured they wouldn't have the money to keep Myles.
Yeah, let's just go with this theory.

Maybe we offered Elgey some silly money because we knew they'd up their offer to keep him, which ensured they wouldn't have the money to keep Myles.

I think Elgey was viewed as a potential halves partner for DCE (or DCE's replacement). I don't think he was viewed as a replacement.

In the good old days when Carney's hammies actually stretched instead of tearing, he would have simply caught up with the Goose Gallop over a cup of coffee and Uncle Dave would have made all his problems go away. Now he has to beg....poor fella.

Which in turn means we keep DCE coz his buddy is here. Agreed, good theory.

In the good old days when Carney's hammies actually stretched instead of tearing, he would have simply caught up with the Goose Gallop over a cup of coffee and Uncle Dave would have made all his problems go away. Now he has to beg....poor fella.

TBH I'd be surprised if the NRL let him back in, I mean he has had a fair few " chances" over the years

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2