2016 halves already done and dusted apparently

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Can't imagine NRL would sanction a return for Todd. Especially if we miraculously manage to keep DCE. Secondly why would he come back to absolute last chance NRL for less money - knowing one little slip up (or spurt up) and its the END! Better off focussing on talent within, juniors are pretty talented.
They don't have a choice he won his unfair dismissal case

Can't imagine NRL would sanction a return for Todd. Especially if we miraculously manage to keep DCE. Secondly why would he come back to absolute last chance NRL for less money - knowing one little slip up (or spurt up) and its the END! Better off focussing on talent within, juniors are pretty talented.
Because he has the chance to play for the greatest club of all!! ( and its **** cold in the UK)

Not likely to afford both DCE/Carney but I can see the club hedging their bets either way.

1.Stewart
2. Taufua
3. Matai
4. Hiku/Lyon
5. Trbojevic/Hiku
6. Lyon/Ashley Taylor
7. Carney/DCE

Don't believe it is sorted why were we after Elgey and Taylor until the Broncos refused release.

Toovey is also on record last week that players will have 2 come from outside the club.
I haven't heard anyone say we were actually in on these guys. Only Tooves doing the "yeah they're talented yada yada" but no outright admission we pursued them. They could be a ruse for bigger targets.

Possible DCE has already quietly told the Tits he's reneging so they signed Elgey. Possible, but really if your name isn't Daly Cherry-Evans then it's just a guess..,

I haven't heard anyone say we were actually in on these guys. Only Tooves doing the "yeah they're talented yada yada" but no outright admission we pursued them. They could be a ruse for bigger targets.

Possible DCE has already quietly told the Tits he's reneging so they signed Elgey. Possible, but really if your name isn't Daly Cherry-Evans then it's just a guess..,

You saying we didn't make an offer 2 Elgey? lol

This is Elgey's own words " Definitely the chance to play under probably the greatest half-back of all-time in Andrew Johns was a big consideration in developing my game"

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...old-coast-titans/story-fniabjcr-1227325085010

I'd say we made an offer.

With Taylor I agree but I would be disappointed and we wouldn't be doing our job as a club if we didn't ask the question.

But we certainly didn't miss out on Taylor as he is contracted.

You saying we didn't make an offer 2 Elgey? lol
I dunno - did we? The only ones saying we did were the same media who were adamant he was about to announce he was signing with us and then he um... didn't.

I dunno - did we? The only ones saying we did were the same media who were adamant he was about to announce he was signing with us and then he um... didn't.

So what club was Elgey going 2 work with Joey at? or did Elgey just make it up?

They don't have a choice he won his unfair dismissal case

That case was against the Club for not giving him the opportunity to front the board before being sacked. The NRL will still have the final say on whether he comes back or not.

Happy with Lyon at 5/8 next year if we keep DCE, means Hiku can play centre and Gutho or Tom T can get some time at wing. Then go after a young gun for 5/8 in 2017.

A big EMPHATIC NO to Bubbler Boy. Cant tackle, Injury prone. Alcoholic. Throws a good pass but only when he's in the mood.
1 Snake
2 JT
3 Hiku
4 Skivvy / Gutho
5 Tom T
6 Killer / Potatoe
7 DCE / Taylor

And Hiku should start practising his Goal kicking NOW. NIGHT AND DAY. Min 25 shots / session . Go without breakky ! :whew:

Toovey is also on record last week that players will have 2 come from outside the club.

We'll have to wait and see what happens, but just because Tooves said something on a national TV program means nothing. Why would he give away recruitment plans /strategies. It could well be true, equally it could all be BS

To those looking into the Elgey saga for evidence of cherry's movements. Elgey naturally plays on the opposite side of cherry which is why Manly tried to sign him whilst trying to get Chez to backflip and why the GC have signed him up having already signed Chez. The movements of Elgey give us no clues in regards to the movements of DCE.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7