2014 Rumoured and confirmed signings.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

RiverEagle

Bencher
Pearce, Maloney and Jennings would have to be on, or valued at reasonable levels now (being Origin players).

SBWurst, JWH and SKD are internationals.
As are Frank-Paul, Moa and even the frog Casty.

Cordner, Friend, RTShek, and now Tupou are rep players...And they've resigned Napa, Kane Evans and co, AND they're reportedly still interested in other players.

To me, it does start to get pretty tight there budget-wise (even allowing for the skinny contract they got for Minichello).

And now the sudden offload of an inform player (in Mortimer)...?

Perhaps it's wishful thinking... I won't be surprised if they're cheats!

tookey

First Grader
RiverEagle said:
Pearce, Maloney and Jennings would have to be on, or valued at reasonable levels now (being Origin players).

SBWurst, JWH and SKD are internationals.
As are Frank-Paul, Moa and even the frog Casty.

Cordner, Friend, RTShek, and now Tupou are rep players...And they've resigned Napa, Kane Evans and co, AND they're reportedly still interested in other players.

To me, it does start to get pretty tight there budget-wise (even allowing for the skinny contract they got for Minichello).

And now the sudden offload of an inform player (in Mortimer)...?

Perhaps it's wishful thinking... I won't be surprised if they're cheats!

The roosters have also signed Blake Ferguson for next year and he wouldn't come cheap.

No way they can keep all their players under the salary cap.

RiverEagle

Bencher
Forgot about Ferguson!

He played Origin just last year too...

So from the strict valuation the NRL hard- balled us with over Gift, Blake's contract has to be registered at more than a tokenism too.

Perhaps Mortimer won't be the last to leave...tho they seemed to be signing all and sundry!

I guess SBW leaving frees up a fair whack too.

StuBoot

Bencher
It will catch up with them, just like it has with us.
Contract upgrades, backending, trying to keep the squad together as guys get older whilst trying to keep your fringe players happy as well as new faces.
Sound familiar?
Not trying to defend the Chooks, but surely they've looked at our recent history/success.
They're just lucky that Maloney and Pearce aren't rated by any other teams.
They'll have a battle over the next few years if Cordner and Guerra are SOO and Kangaroo regulars plus Jake Friend's next deal will be his payday.
All the talk is that Tuivasa-Sheck is their long term #1 so there's more coin plus Tupou and Jennings are rep players too.
The juggling act has begun.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
bones said:
Michael Ennis has signed a two year deal at the Sharks.
That elusive premiership just got a little further away.
Further away ? Its gone completely . finished !!!

simon64

It's not a lie, if you believe it.
Premium Member
Tipping Member
bones said:
Michael Ennis has signed a two year deal at the Sharks.
That elusive premiership just got a little further away.

Sticky misses out again. Or did he ?

Overrated grub.

Stevo

First Grader
I reckon he's on par with Ballo. Has a different game though. You would all love his grubbyness if he played at Manly.

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly
Stevo said:
I reckon he's on par with Ballo. Has a different game though. You would all love his grubbyness if he played at Manly.

It would be struggle. He is by far the biggest grub in NRL, bigger than any on the purple scum players.

Especially when our No.9 is the nicest bloke in NRL.

bones

Bones Knows
StuBoot said:
It will catch up with them, just like it has with us.
Contract upgrades, backending, trying to keep the squad together as guys get older whilst trying to keep your fringe players happy as well as new faces.
Sound familiar?
Not trying to defend the Chooks, but surely they've looked at our recent history/success.
They're just lucky that Maloney and Pearce aren't rated by any other teams.
They'll have a battle over the next few years if Cordner and Guerra are SOO and Kangaroo regulars plus Jake Friend's next deal will be his payday.
All the talk is that Tuivasa-Sheck is their long term #1 so there's more coin plus Tupou and Jennings are rep players too.
The juggling act has begun.

Now that they've lost Mortimer I'm sure they be able to sign Hayne, Gallen, Inglis, Slater and Thurston.

Stevo

First Grader
Eagles2nv said:
Stevo said:

It would be struggle. He is by far the biggest grub in NRL, bigger than any on the purple scum players.

You say grub. I say competitor.

Alan

Reserve Grader
Stevo said:
Eagles2nv said:
Stevo said:

You say grub. I say competitor.

I like the way Ballin competes a whole lot better. Being a competitor does not justify everything.

Stevo

First Grader
What does he do that makes him a grub?

Is he argumentative toward referees? - Lyon
Is he niggly in tackles? - Matai
Does he cheat? - No
Does he do whatever he can to benefit his team? -Absolutely.

The perfect captain. An absolute competitor.

If you ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Agreed he's a great competitor but what gets most opposition fans offside with him is he is a constant niggler. Take away the finger poking and the one bad head high tackle of one of our great loved former players, and you have a clone of Hopoate.

ps Bob Fulton was also a great niggler.

Alan

Reserve Grader
Stevo said:
What does he do that makes him a grub?

Is he argumentative toward referees? - Lyon
Is he niggly in tackles? - Matai
Does he cheat? - No
Does he do whatever he can to benefit his team? -Absolutely.

The perfect captain. An absolute competitor.

If you ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin.

That speech was so full of character and principle it could of been written by Craig Bellamy and proof read by Cameron smith.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I agree with Stevo , He is good for his team as he gets on the oppositions nerves and tries to unsettle them. He is a great competitor .

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Interesting signing, easy to see it as neither party had any better option.

However it might work out, the Sharks could use some talent but first and foremost they need a boost in morale and Ennis is a competitor, as others have said, plus he's smart and pretty cheeky.

Years ago (for Brisbane??) I saw him on TV carving a team up like he was a combination of Lockyer Sterling and someone else good. Always just one rung below very top level. But I don't mind him, doesn't take himself too seriously.

Not everyone can be a one club player, sometimes people don't want you, other times it's just circumstances.

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
14 7 7 -50 16