2013 Rumoured and confirmed signings.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Brookie

Reserve Grader
yeah tim grant, a friend of mine plays for penriff and said it could be a possibility?
nothing concrete, just wondering if anyone else heard this or if my mate is pissing in my pocket?

Masked Eagle

Bencher
Stevo said:
They have Grant coming off the bench at Penrith so it's possible he's not happy out there.

Might be the case, but considering the money the Eels are throwing around at anybody who with an ounce of potential, what they would offer a current Origin rep would blow what we could out of the water?

tookey

First Grader
This weeks RLW mentions that grant blew up at Cleary before last weeks game for dropping his to the bench just before kick off.

Sounds like he is not happy with Cleary so where there is smoke. Happy to take either him of McHendry off the riff.

RLW also mentions that the riff are preparing to make an offer to Jamie Lyon.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
bones said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
bones said:
Bearfax said:
Most of them are past internationals Bones well after their international used by date. How many present internationals are in the Manly team. Foran and maybe sometimes Watmough and Glen Stewart. That's it. Try talking about present representatives and you get a better feel for who has the advantage. Matai, Brett Stewart, Lyon, Williams have not played test football in years. Try looking at Souths, Canterbury, Melbourne, North Queensland for a load of current representative players

Past or current, it doesn't matter, they'd all still be on good money. If I had to pick one team which I thought would be the most difficult to work out how they all fit in under the cap, Manly would be that team. I'm not suggesting we are over, more that we have the best roster in the NRL IMO and the club has done a great job to keep as many of the GF winning side together as it has.
Players will often accept less money to play with a club that is consistently successful. Ditto for Storm, and previously the Broncos. For a club rebuilding, the first couple of marquee signings will always cost a motza.

Yep I agree. Matai being the perfect example of this. The storm have the 'big three' who would all be on big money but there would be a big jump down to the next tier. The rest of their team would not be on hugemoney. Whereas Manly have a stronger roster right across the team.

I think you will find canterbury and Souths have more internationals playing for them and rep players in general than Manly. Did an audit late last year and Manly has since lost several rep players.

MissKate

Bencher
Premium Member
Bearfax said:
I think you will find canterbury and Souths have more internationals playing for them and rep players in general than Manly. Did an audit late last year and Manly has since lost several rep players.

And the titans

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
I'd be surprised if that was the case

Our top backline only Taufua hasn't repped, then in the forwards King, Ballin, Kite, Watmough, Buhrer, Stewart, Galuvao have all played rep footy as well

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
South Sydney Reps (2013)

Asotasi - New Zealand
Sam Burgess - England
Crocker - Australia
Goodwin - New Zealand
Inglis - Australia
King - Australia
Lima - New Zealand
Luke - New Zealand
McQueen - Prime Ministers 13
Merritt - Indigenous All Stars
Peats - prime Ministers All Stars
Reynolds - NSW All Stars
Sutton - City Origin
Talenoa - Tonga
Te'o - Queensland and Samoa
Champion - City origin

Canterbury rep players (2013)

Barba - Indigenous All Stars
Edwards - New Zealand
Ennis - NSW
Graham - England
Halatau - New Zealand
Hodkinson - City Origin
Inu - New Zealand
Kasiano - New Zealand
Keating - City origin
Morris - Australia
Perritt - New Zealand
Pritchard - New Zealand
Romelo - Indigenous All Stars
Turner - NSW
Williams - Australia

• 👍
Reactions: Rex

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Not sure but I suspect its Indigenous All Stars vs NSW All Stars and the Prime Ministers 13 may have been a team that played New Guinea. What ever they are still the cream of a best or next best playing rep footy and probably superior to City vs Country. But that is the rep football indicated in Wikipaedia

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
13 7 6 -34 16