2013 Rumoured and confirmed signings.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Masked Eagle

Bencher
Bearfax said:
Well I think he was. I cant speak for recent years because I havent listened to him for a long time. Gave up on those blokes and their stupid banter such as someone needing counselling etc. Drove me crazy listening to that idiocy, so I stopped listening. Feel the same way about Channel 9s The Footy Show'. There are just so many time its funny seeing a bloke dress up in women's clothing....then it just gets annoying like the rest of the show.

On the footy show, its a common theme that people say I can't watch a bloke dress up in womens clothing. I've been a regular watcher and I don't think they've done that for years, maybe even a decade. Its actually not too bad. I'm usually watching it as background noise as thursday nights is footy and fantasy tipping nights so I get an occasional laugh and the odd bit of information. Sure there is some parts that aren't brilliant and some segments can drag on a bit, but its still watchable AFAIC.

Oh and Hadley was an OK radio caller back when only his out of control ego was limited to 12-6pm on the weekend. He's absolutely painful now and his work on TV is about 100 times worse.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Then enjoy masked Eagle. I'm afraid it no longer appeals to me and yes perhaps the issues I had with it are long gone but this old fart no longer has even a slight desire to watch it again.

Rambo1987

Bencher
Dugan to Broncs next week

Dragons going for Todd Carney in a part of a four-player package deal to rescue the club next season, with Joel Thompson (Canberra), Mitchell Aubusson (Roosters) and Feleti Mateo (Warriors) in their sights.

Rambo1987 said:
Dugan to Broncs next week

Dragons going for Todd Carney in a part of a four-player package deal to rescue the club next season, with Joel Thompson (Canberra), Mitchell Aubusson (Roosters) and Feleti Mateo (Warriors) in their sights.
didnt Carney just resign with the sharks,which does that mean all will be ok there now,because the scandal hanging over them was suppose to be holding him back

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
Carney hasn't signed yet but when he does expect some big clauses to go into the contract.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
Two words, NEWS LIMITED!!!!

It is why the Ponies and the drizzle always have a team full of internationals, if they drift over the cap its taken care of.

bones

Bones Knows
sheridanstand78 said:
Two words, NEWS LIMITED!!!!

It is why the Ponies and the drizzle always have a team full of internationals, if they drift over the cap its taken care of.

I reckon Manly would have more internationals than either of those teams.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Most of them are past internationals Bones well after their international used by date. How many present internationals are in the Manly team. Foran and maybe sometimes Watmough and Glen Stewart. That's it. Try talking about present representatives and you get a better feel for who has the advantage. Matai, Brett Stewart, Lyon, Williams have not played test football in years. Try looking at Souths, Canterbury, Melbourne, North Queensland for a load of current representative players

Clint

Tipping Member
I don't know whether to put this on the LOL @ Parra thread, or in the new signings thread. It probably deserves to be in both, but just heard Aiden Tolman to Parra on $2mil for 3 years.
Surely that can't be right.
That's a lot of coin for a solid, but not spectacular player.

Sorry C & C. Just read your article in the LOL @ Parra thread.

Jonesyv2

Reserve Grader
Parra have to pay overs to get players there due to their losing culture. Having said that i rate tolman as one of the better forwards going around.

bones

Bones Knows
Bearfax said:
Most of them are past internationals Bones well after their international used by date. How many present internationals are in the Manly team. Foran and maybe sometimes Watmough and Glen Stewart. That's it. Try talking about present representatives and you get a better feel for who has the advantage. Matai, Brett Stewart, Lyon, Williams have not played test football in years. Try looking at Souths, Canterbury, Melbourne, North Queensland for a load of current representative players

Past or current, it doesn't matter, they'd all still be on good money. If I had to pick one team which I thought would be the most difficult to work out how they all fit in under the cap, Manly would be that team. I'm not suggesting we are over, more that we have the best roster in the NRL IMO and the club has done a great job to keep as many of the GF winning side together as it has.

Clint

Tipping Member
Jonesyv2 said:
Parra have to pay overs to get players there due to their losing culture. Having said that i rate tolman as one of the better forwards going around.

I hear what you are saying Jonesy, but at $650k.. hmmm. That is way way overs imo.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
bones said:
Bearfax said:

Past or current, it doesn't matter, they'd all still be on good money. If I had to pick one team which I thought would be the most difficult to work out how they all fit in under the cap, Manly would be that team. I'm not suggesting we are over, more that we have the best roster in the NRL IMO and the club has done a great job to keep as many of the GF winning side together as it has.
Players will often accept less money to play with a club that is consistently successful. Ditto for Storm, and previously the Broncos. For a club rebuilding, the first couple of marquee signings will always cost a motza.

bones

Bones Knows
SeaEagleRock8 said:
bones said:
Bearfax said:

Players will often accept less money to play with a club that is consistently successful. Ditto for Storm, and previously the Broncos. For a club rebuilding, the first couple of marquee signings will always cost a motza.

Yep I agree. Matai being the perfect example of this. The storm have the 'big three' who would all be on big money but there would be a big jump down to the next tier. The rest of their team would not be on huge money. Whereas Manly have a stronger roster right across the team.

Masked Eagle

Bencher
bones said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
bones said:
Bearfax said:

Yep I agree. Matai being the perfect example of this. The storm have the 'big three' who would all be on big money but there would be a big jump down to the next tier. The rest of their team would not be on huge money. Whereas Manly have a stronger roster right across the team.

Are you sure? I thought we had an aging roster with no depth?

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18