Wendy Harmer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Love your work, isn't this such fun I bet @The Wheel is so pleased he started all this.

It's become the new " Ironstine"
Sorry Mark, left the question mark off and just playing along with the theme and your jokes.
You make good points and as I know there are only so many Manly Warringah Sea Eagles supporters in this world (quality over quantity), it would be great if all within "our walls" could make peace, because there's always plenty of baddies outside that gate.

Sorry Mark, left the question mark off and just playing along with the theme and your jokes.
You make good points and as I know there are only so many Manly Warringah Sea Eagles supporters in this world (quality over quantity), it would be great if all within "our walls" could make peace, because there's always plenty of baddies outside that gate.

Very well said mate, but at the end of the day we do all support Manly and just like family we squabble.

I'd be interested to know what you felt the indications of a serious downhill slide were ? Admittedly 2015 wasn't great but part of the reason for that was all the turmoil with Tooves and DCE/foran which was part of this "review". So using last years results as a justification isn't valid IMO because the wheels were already in motion. 2014 we stumbled a little but ultimately missed out on another possible gf because a ref refused to penalise Reynolds for being 5m offside.

No doubt you need good cattle to be competitive on the field, and that has been an A+ result for us going into this year. But it's a lot of the other stuff with Tooves, footy club, eagle Angels, life memberships etc I don't get. Seems a little more then just trying to turn around an aging squad. Let's assume for a minute that the only things that changed from last year was the player movements that we have now experienced, do you think we would be still on a serious downhill trajectory with the previous set up ? Probably a simplistic hypothetical I know, but they seem determined to really want to take it to the "franchise" system rather than keep the club vibe.

People aren't just narky for the sake of it, well not all of us anyway, so the fact that the current owners seem to polarise opinion so markedly could be an indication that some of their actions could have been more considered. Ultimately we all want to follow a successful team and I doubt anyone here will be disappointed if we are doing a lap of honour in October. But personally I follow Manly because I feel a connection with them for many reasons that go back many years. I don't want to lose that feeling moving forward, but some of the things that have happened over the last 12 months are unManly IMO. I'm hopeful that it'll all work out but somewhat nervous that it may not and we lose a little bit of what makes us special.

Very well said , 150% agree

The FC is a lame duck and IMO have brought a lot of this on themselves due to the people involved and the stance they have taken since day 1 of privatization- I think it's stupid the position taken in regards to life membership but I cannot argue with who is be awarded that honour.

In regards to Ballin he was the last player signed by Tooves and the reason Tooves is not here is his approach to recruitment over the last few years -not for any other reason. I can PM you further if you don't believe me on that one.

Anyway I wish it could have different for those two in particular but I cannot say it wasn't the right thing to do.

As I said did we need a new coach, probably, would Ballin have played FG again, probably not.

But regardless of the fact you are now one of the true believers you just cannot condone how those departures went down

It's not the why that the Narks are unhappy about its the how!!

There seems to be confusion of different issues here. There's a lot of different views, but I'd suggest most are optimistic we'll have a strong team and are happy with what Bozo has orchestrated. So you are misrepresenting what is being said Wheel when you suggest otherwise. As Nark from Brisbane has suggested HOW it has been done is a different matter entirely. Bucket loads of cash doesn't excuse bad behaviour in my view. Whether you're Clive Palmer or Penn or Zorba.

It is entirely possible to make hard decisions and to do it in a way that lets people affected keep their self respect. They didn't need to change the essence of WHAT they did to be nondivisive ... only HOW they did it.

I can first remember seeing Wendy Harmer when she hosted The Big Gig on the ABC (now that was a funny show lol). It took me another 10 or so year to find out she was actually a Manly fan.

The Angels have done a hell of a lot of good for this club and the community at large and the club should continue to recognise them. As we all know, if not for the Eagles Angels, Max Delmege might never have put his money into the club and the Penn's might not have a club to own if not for that.

There seems to be confusion of different issues here. There's a lot of different views, but I'd suggest most are optimistic we'll have a strong team and are happy with what Bozo has orchestrated. So you are misrepresenting what is being said Wheel when you suggest otherwise. As Nark from Brisbane has suggested HOW it has been done is a different matter entirely. Bucket loads of cash doesn't excuse bad behaviour in my view. Whether you're Clive Palmer or Penn or Zorba.

It is entirely possible to make hard decisions and to do it in a way that lets people affected keep their self respect. They didn't need to change the essence of WHAT they did to be nondivisive ... only HOW they did it.
If you speak to Manly fans the VAST majority do not care for how or what has gone down. They are excited for this season and that's pretty much the end of it. Now is that right or wrong? Dunno. Have people been turned away because of how the owners acted? Probably. Does it even matter though? Probably not.

If you speak to Manly fans the VAST majority do not care for how or what has gone down. They are excited for this season and that's pretty much the end of it. Now is that right or wrong? Dunno. Have people been turned away because of how the owners acted? Probably. Does it even matter though? Probably not.
May not matter to you. But there are about 20 people that were all part of the rich successful history of the club who were treated with contempt. Some are still fighting for their money. If you think this is how people should behave so a team wins then that's fine but to me, as Tom Keneally once said to me 'we are human beings and we should be treated with respect'. There was no respect and that is the bottom line.

This has been a great debate - some might even say given the number of posters involved it has been a mass debate!

Don't you love the off season - bring on February 20 and the trials

May not matter to you. But there are about 20 people that were all part of the rich successful history of the club who were treated with contempt. Some are still fighting for their money. If you think this is how people should behave so a team wins then that's fine but to me, as Tom Keneally once said to me 'we are human beings and we should be treated with respect'. There was no respect and that is the bottom line.
I didn't say I agree with how it went down, but I know no one I've discussed it with outside of this forum cares.

Geez @Mark from Brisbane whats been going on here.

I can see from his thread many people believe the Penns "result driven business" is the only way. Our doctor Thomas Gan and trainer Donny etc were chopped more absolutely no reason other than stupidity. Both these losses didn't please many players.

Let's hope Barrett can win us a comp in the next two seasons, its sure gonna test the Penns fabric with Des' 2018 return well and truly on the table.

Geez @Mark from Brisbane whats been going on here.

I can see from his thread many people believe the Penns "result driven business" is the only way. Our doctor Thomas Gan and trainer Donny etc were chopped more absolutely no reason other than stupidity. Both these losses didn't please many players.

Let's hope Barrett can win us a comp in the next two seasons, its sure gonna test the Penns fabric with Des' 2018 return well and truly on the table.
Hang on - Donny I think was most likely lived by players because he let them eat what they wanted and half the squad were fat ****s.

And judging by what players have said about undiagnosed injuries, Gan wasn't much better.

Thanks for that Loobs. Love your compassion! Lets hope they win the premiership so this was all worth it.
I see Tooves around and feel bad for the way he was treated, but c'mon - we live in a results driven world. How many people have been made redundant across the globe because a decision is made to cut costs? Doesn't mean people who get let go aren't good people or hard workers. A decision gets made and it is what it is. You can cry in your corn flakes over the injustice of it all or you can pick yourself up and get on with life.

How many people have been made redundant across the globe because a decision is made to cut costs? Doesn't mean people who get let go aren't good people or hard workers. A decision gets made and it is what it is. You can cry in your corn flakes over the injustice of it all or you can pick yourself up and get on with life.
And how many of those redundant people were whiteanted on live television? More than once.
It's not the outcome but the process in question.
And what I do at breakfast is between me and my cornflakes. :rolleyes:

Think that was the Penrith game thatTom Symonds went and scored in the corner at the last moment to win the game. A good friend was with her - he kept telling to keep it down as there was no way we could come back - she kept yelling him down! In the end she was right god love her!
Yes it was the Penrith game.

I see Tooves around and feel bad for the way he was treated, but c'mon - we live in a results driven world. How many people have been made redundant across the globe because a decision is made to cut costs? Doesn't mean people who get let go aren't good people or hard workers. A decision gets made and it is what it is. You can cry in your corn flakes over the injustice of it all or you can pick yourself up and get on with life.
We live in the world we create. Treat people disrespectfully and you live in a disrespectful world. Live divisively and you create a divisive world.

A decision gets made and it is what it is. Yes, that's true Loobs. The challenge is to adapt to what we can't change. And to not become stuck or cynical in that process.

And everything we think, do and say programmes the life we live and what comes in front of us. That is karma.

Ok then Loobs if it's simply just a case of results please explain the following decisions - keep Willo on as NSW Cup coach with a winning percentage well below 50% for his tenure yet sack Heath our U20s coach who guided his team to a Grand Final?!?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8