1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wendy Harmer

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Budgewoi Eagle, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Budgewoi Eagle

Budgewoi Eagle In for the long haul. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,015 / 52
    Now Mornings host of 702 Sydney, Wendy just had Andrew Moore on who said he expected to be talking nothing but Manly for 31 weeks of the year, she hesitated a little then said she's gone off Manly a bit. Said she'd tell him off air but a phone call was needed. Followed by something along the lines of that person knows who they are, so if you're listening....

I know there's a great rally by the Move On Brigade, but gee some great club people have been burned quite unnecessarily. Anyone with a smidgen of empathy must be sad about that. Surely.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Mals

Mals Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Pennant Hills
    Ratings:
    +1,480 / 35
    Not surprised, she is a massive Geoff Toovey fan and friend of his.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. southsideeagle

southsideeagle Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +407 / 9
    yes Wendy a passionate Manly fan. I sort of know her. She has assisted with some charity stuff I was doing. Unlikely she would remember me though ..more one way recognition. Anyway at Brooky and she is in seat behind me yelling so loudly I felt I should rip pages out of the program and poke in my ears. Manly were struggling this day and defending their line for set after set. We get the ball and first pass goes forward and hand over. I booed the manly player and she smacks me across the head with a rolled up program. Advising a true supporter never boos their team ..whatever especially manly.

I think Wendy's beef goes back to the wiping of the Angel Eagles (?) and how they were treated as well as the internal staff sacking that took place before tooves was moved on.

Like many of us here, hurting and waiting for our team to heal us. May take a while.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. niccipops

niccipops un echidna spillo mia bevanda Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,521 / 50
    That's gold from Wendy. Like her, I've never booed my team. Shaken my head, yes, but booing is purely for the other 15 pathetic excuses for football teams.

True we need to build for the future but the club needs to stop burning their own. Bad karma in that.
    As a female the wiping of the Angels really p*sses me. Does anyone know if the Penns have, or are planning to arrange any influential female involvement with the club?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,744 / 257
    You'll have to change your name as well, Budgenark Eagle!!

Remember you can't say anything negative otherwise you are instantly a " Nark".

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Loobs

Loobs I am not really Scott Penn Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,407 / 257
    I saw Tooves in Narrabeen Woollies yesterday. Looks fine. Even smiled.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. qldeagle

qldeagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +979 / 48
    Oooh get over it and move on I say. You support Manly as a brand, you don't like or dislike individuals and base your support on that. Fark people can be bitter and twisted. Go and support Parra if you really want to feel pissed off.

• Dummy Spit Dummy Spit x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. lulubelle

lulubelle Active Member

Ratings:
    +160 / 16
    What Wendy was alluding to was the fact the Eagles Angels have totally been ignored by the current management despite the fact they were instrumental in saving the club back in 2001. They were the first to recognise the importance of marketing to women. They designed the first Women's jersey - designed by Collette Dinegan (slightly tapered waste). The reason the Women In League Round exists is because of the Angels. They began 2002 and Katie Page (Domayne and sponsor of the Angels) invited the then CEO David Gallop into the Eagles Angels lounge - 2006 began the Women In League round as a result after a meeting. Sarah Murdoch and Wendy Harmer started the group. The Angels during their time raised over $500K in sponsorship for the club and hundreds of thousands for different charites under the guise of the Eagles Angels. Zorba got on the band wagon but how quickly he stuck the knives in. Very sad there is so much lack of respect.

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 8
    • Informative Informative x 2
  9. lulubelle

lulubelle Active Member

Ratings:
    +160 / 16
    Think that was the Penrith game thatTom Symonds went and scored in the corner at the last moment to win the game. A good friend was with her - he kept telling to keep it down as there was no way we could come back - she kept yelling him down! In the end she was right god love her!

• Like Like x 2
  10. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,254 / 131
    A reaility check for those who think the Penns and Kelly are doing a good job. They have treated a lot of excellent people associated with the club so badly since they took over no matter how well the team goes on the filed there will always be a stench about them

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  11. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,766 / 72
    I would be smiling too if I got a few hundred grand to do nothing

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,766 / 72
    When are you changing yours Nark ;-)

13. Terry Zarsoff

Terry Zarsoff Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,553 / 68
    I don't think it's his fault he is doing "nothing.":)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Mark from Brisbane

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,744 / 257
    But I haven't said anything negative, I only speak the truth!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Budgewoi Eagle

Budgewoi Eagle In for the long haul. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,015 / 52
    These accusations seem to have picked up since Dan inadvertently gave the True Believers permission to have a shot when he made a comment about all the whinging. It was like "Dad's on our side so you're an idiot! Derr!!"
    I just wish there was room for a little more complexity from some. Sure every supporter is different but I'm pretty sure there are others, like me, who love the players, the coach, people who do the heavy lifting to support the club, and people we intereract with who work for the club. And we invest emotionally in those people. And when bad stuff happens to them, our natural empathy means we don't feel so good.
    If that wasn't the case, why support a footy team? Why not go 100% corporate and support Combank and go down to the exchange every day and cheer on their share price?
    So yep, proudly nark with you Mark. :)

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,348 / 111
    Im with ya Budgie. I don't follow colors i follow Manly and if after a lifetime of support and a long time financial supporter of the club i feel unhappy at some, then who is anyone to tell me how I should feel and how i should support this new incarnation of Manly.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  17. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,795 / 122
    SeaEagleNark8 lol

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    Her husband didn't hold back when he spoke at Tooves farewell dinner.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Mark from Brisbane

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,744 / 257
    Bonark

Name change for you too buddy @bones

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. wombatgc

wombatgc Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor