Wendy Harmer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I am sure they will be some of the Nark Bunch who will still be lamenting the loss of Guthrrson, Willie, Dunamis and co in 2016!
G'day all,Not as lamentable as the fact that to continue to support the club that I have supported for over half a century I have to accept that it is now run by people I find totally objectionable and ordinarily would prefer not to have any association with.But hey',i'm a nark and i'm proud.
cheers mike

I am sure they will be some of the Nark Bunch who will still be lamenting the loss of Guthrrson, Willie, Dunamis and co in 2016!
For the record, as a now outed nark, I will support every player who pulls on a Manly jumper for always. One way or another I'll see every game they play and scream loudly. I'll read as much as I can about them and continue to embarrass my friends by my (God forbid) support of (a rugby league team!) Manly.
And I will bide my time til the Penns are no longer the owners and have a little champagne to celebrate the milestone.

Given Wendy's alleged rant I would say the Nark Angels would be appropriate- just a question will you Narks ever acknowledge that a serious review of all aspects of our clubs operation was required if we were to arrest a serious downhill slide and also if the revamp is successful will you acknowledge that our owners were within their right to make the decisions they did and the approach they took was required?

Given Wendy's alleged rant I would say the Nark Angels would be appropriate- just a question will you Narks ever acknowledge that a serious review of all aspects of our clubs operation was required if we were to arrest a serious downhill slide and also if the revamp is successful will you acknowledge that our owners were within their right to make the decisions they did and the approach they took was required?

It is not that a revamp wasn't required, but there's a way you do things and a way you don't.

Will you " non Narks" acknowledge that the approach taken wasn't the " Manly Way" and that the owners could have done things in a very different way?

So the owners need your permission or have 2 run a poll before they can do anything? I say you buy the team and put your money into the club and then run it how you see fit.

I'm thinking of doing some renovations 2 my house Mark do I need 2 run them by you? or is the fact I own it enough.

When you are saying they could have done things a different way let's be honest you are really saying they should have done it my way.

Does your house have 12,000 members??

I rest my case.

So the owners need your permission or have 2 run a poll before they can do anything? I say you buy the team and put your money into the club and then run it how you see fit.

I'm thinking of doing some renovations 2 my house Mark do I need 2 run them by you? or is the fact I own it enough.

When you are saying they could have done things a different way let's be honest you are really saying they should have done it my way.

By the way @Dashroud welcome aboard, I'm mostly friendly but clearly to some the " lead Nark".

Having never been called a " nark" in my 60 years on the planet I'm quite enjoying the status.

But I have offended some, including some at the Sea Eagles who have suggested I curb my tongue ( thanks for the call by the way but you do need to understand this is a public forum).

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
It is not that a revamp wasn't required, but there's a way you do things and a way you don't.

Will you " non Narks" acknowledge that the approach taken wasn't the " Manly Way" and that the owners could have done things in a very different way?
So what is the Manly way?

Let's look at some history;

- bozo shown the door after captain in premiership
- likewise Vautin
- Alan Thompson replaced as coach after 1 season for Lowe
- I could go on eg Kite, Beaver etc and the Owners had nothing to do with these tough choices but legends were hurt and shown the door just like Tooves!

Change is hard and no matter what you do it won't be easy to swallow but to say tough choices and hard nosed approach is not the Manly way is IMO not quite correct.

So what is the Manly way?

Let's look at some history;

- bozo shown the door after captain in premiership
- likewise Vautin
- Alan Thompson replaced as coach after 1 season for Lowe
- I could go on eg Kite, Beaver etc and the Owners had nothing to do with these tough choices but legends were hurt and shown the door just like Tooves!

Change is hard and no matter what you do it won't be easy to swallow but to say tough choices and hard nosed approach is not the Manly way is IMO not quite correct.

So is the Manly way to throw 70 years of history out the window and appoint your own " life members "??

Is the Manly way renewing a contract early in the season and parading the player about as signing a stalwart so he can finish his career at the club only to shaft him just a few months later??

I agree tough decisions had to be made but there's a right way and a wrong way to do things, surely even you must see that ?

I'm sure one thing we can agree with is that most of the players gone have been replaced by better players, I'm still angry over the MB dismissal , even though I doubt he'd have played first grade again even if he had stayed.

How 2V was treated will go down as the greatest travesty of the modern era, did we need a new coach, probably , did we have to hang out a legend to dry because of that , absolutely not!

Am I trying to put things in the past , yes, BUT being accused of being a Nark hasn't helped.

Surely every one of us is entitled to an opinion , we don't have to agree with that opinion but we don't need to be denigrated for having an opinion of any sort.

After all this is a forum.

acknowledge that a serious review of all aspects of our clubs operation was required if we were to arrest a serious downhill slide
I'd be interested to know what you felt the indications of a serious downhill slide were ? Admittedly 2015 wasn't great but part of the reason for that was all the turmoil with Tooves and DCE/foran which was part of this "review". So using last years results as a justification isn't valid IMO because the wheels were already in motion. 2014 we stumbled a little but ultimately missed out on another possible gf because a ref refused to penalise Reynolds for being 5m offside.

No doubt you need good cattle to be competitive on the field, and that has been an A+ result for us going into this year. But it's a lot of the other stuff with Tooves, footy club, eagle Angels, life memberships etc I don't get. Seems a little more then just trying to turn around an aging squad. Let's assume for a minute that the only things that changed from last year was the player movements that we have now experienced, do you think we would be still on a serious downhill trajectory with the previous set up ? Probably a simplistic hypothetical I know, but they seem determined to really want to take it to the "franchise" system rather than keep the club vibe.

People aren't just narky for the sake of it, well not all of us anyway, so the fact that the current owners seem to polarise opinion so markedly could be an indication that some of their actions could have been more considered. Ultimately we all want to follow a successful team and I doubt anyone here will be disappointed if we are doing a lap of honour in October. But personally I follow Manly because I feel a connection with them for many reasons that go back many years. I don't want to lose that feeling moving forward, but some of the things that have happened over the last 12 months are unManly IMO. I'm hopeful that it'll all work out but somewhat nervous that it may not and we lose a little bit of what makes us special.

The FC is a lame duck and IMO have brought a lot of this on themselves due to the people involved and the stance they have taken since day 1 of privatization- I think it's stupid the position taken in regards to life membership but I cannot argue with who is be awarded that honour.

In regards to Ballin he was the last player signed by Tooves and the reason Tooves is not here is his approach to recruitment over the last few years -not for any other reason. I can PM you further if you don't believe me on that one.

Anyway I wish it could have different for those two in particular but I cannot say it wasn't the right thing to do.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8