The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Doctors don't usually give press conferences about their patient's confidential health information, in my experience!

Obviously not, he was sent to jail!

No, but in the cases of high profile patients we are typically made aware if they have been consulted or are treating a patient.

Again, whilst I do believe Foz has real issues, the only people I have heard mentioning "mental health " issues are his manager, his coach, his team mates and sports commentators. Foz, to our knowledge is under no Doctors care.

So the facts are that almost everyone will be effected by mental illness at some point in their life.
If you are suffering ( contrary to some of keyboard Warriors) please reach out to someone, if you are not comfortable talking to family or friends (even your footy coach!) then there is easy to access services.
https://www.beyondblue.org.au/get-support/get-immediate-support
https://www.lifeline.org.au/Get-Help/

There are many ways to reach out, you just have to make a small efffort.

Or feel free to send me a p.m.
Most people will be effected by a "Mental Health" issue not "Mental Illness"

It's a tough one. There shouldn't be a stigma around mental health issues, or asking for help...but there is also an issue with people using it as an excuse for bad behaviour, or to gain some benefit from it. Sadly, it does mean that there can be a bit of cynicism when someone gets themselves into trouble and then claims a mental health issue. I'd like to think most are telling the truth and wouldn't stoop so low as to claim a non-existent condition to get off the hook...but I also know for damn sure there are people who do stoop to that.

I have a sibling and a cousin who have, every time they front court for viciously assaulting someone...and it's an issue in the military as well. Can totally understand PTSD and why it's become such an issue in recent times...but if, during your deployment, you never left an air conditioned office in a safe country...yeah, I'm a little skeptical. Easy way to get a medical discharge and a pension if you play it right. Plenty who deserve that, but also a subset bunging it on and milking it for all it's worth...

If you believe in depression ? Approximately 1 in 5 Australians will be affected by a mental illness during the course of their lifetime.
Well i don't believe in depression, i believe people get heavily depressed.

Depression is a convenient diagnosis for the sufferer as it takes away the element of "them being the cause" and it also benefits the drug companies to keep pushing this viewpoint financially.

Always lend an outstretched helping hand to people who are suffering or heavily depressed but if someone wants to label themselves as "suffering depression" they are basically saying a sympathetic hand or kind gesture plays no part in the healing process as i'm suffering an "illness" that requires drugs.

Bipolar and Depression don't exist in TC's world they are just the natural deviations of human character that makes the world a less boring place to live in.

From my work perspective I see things a little differently but I'm more than willing to respect your opinion.
At this point in time I just hope Kieran gets back on his feet and we can string together a few good wins.

Spent a bit of time today watching foz in our colours. His game v roosters in 2011 where he cleaned up pearce, the banana kick for snake try very broncs, the game in 2012 v warriors in Perth, he was superb in preliminary v bunnies in 13.
Such a waste could of been a all time great here.
4 months at parra a train wreck, Brad Arthur to me a great car sale man but not real. To me the real tragedy is foz leaving as I thought parra would ruin his career

Well i don't believe in depression, i believe people get heavily depressed.

Depression is a convenient diagnosis for the sufferer as it takes away the element of "them being the cause" and it also benefits the drug companies to keep pushing this viewpoint financially.

Always lend an outstretched helping hand to people who are suffering or heavily depressed but if someone wants to label themselves as "suffering depression" they are basically saying a sympathetic hand or kind gesture plays no part in the healing process as i'm suffering an "illness" that requires drugs.

Bipolar and Depression don't exist in TC's world they are just the natural deviations of human character that makes the world a less boring place to live in.
I have suffered from anxiety, depression and been depressed, only once did i take drugs (prescription) to treat it. But in your world the other times i was not suffering depression because i did not take meds?

@highlandeagle I am genuinely interested to understand what you disagree with - I don't expect a cheer squad but am keen to understand contrasting views

I disagreed with your comment, because I don't think he is a kid in a man's world.Foran has always been lauded for maturity and leadership by our club,team mates and the press.He has a multitude of problems at the moment,some from his own making.However it's not because he is just a kid. Just my opinion. Each to their own.

I have suffered from anxiety, depression and been depressed, only once did i take drugs (prescription) to treat it. But in your world the other times i was not suffering depression because i did not take meds?

That's not my view, FWIW. Two of the people I would readily call out for faking mental illness are close family members who I know extremely well. Not only do they play the mental illness card to receive lesser punishments through the courts, both tell outright lies about their respective upbringings; I was there, I know it's not true, but the courts swallow it hook, line and sinker.

I'm well aware there are plenty of people out there who 'suffer in silence', so to speak. Some of them I know personally - that's a big part of why the fakers disgust me - they're a big part of the reason there is still a stigma about asking for help.

No i was outlining once you define depression as an "illness" you are basically saying drugs is the main answer for the cure.

Going back to me and "in my world" depression does not exist so you never suffered an illness just a mental health issue you needed to overcome.

In the end do what feels right for you is all that matters.

What difference does it make? Someone is struggling with life.

Do you feel like a better person? YATCCHP

Just help as much as possible and let those struggling deal with it.

We have some on this site.

I went through a rough patch a while back where my life turned to ****.

I was drinking far too much & had anxiety & panic attacks. Eventually it came to a head where I was drinking far too much & had to sort myself out. Off I went to the docs & was given anti depressants. They did little for me but were a real **** to get off once I decided they were not doing any good.

Depression was never the problem for me. The real problem was I was stressed out to the max working 80 hours a week trying to stop the company I worked for from going bust. It nearly finished me & my marriage.

I left he old company & started my own. Although I still work long hours & have plenty of stress the difference is being in control of your environment. Knowing when I've done enough work & it's time to back off. Recognizing the signs of getting wound up & being strong enough to say farkit that's enough - time to go home & watch some footy.

Taking back control of my life was the key for me. Never looked back.

Stay strong people :)

I went through a rough patch a while back where my life turned to ****.

I was drinking far too much & had anxiety & panic attacks. Eventually it came to a head where I was drinking far too much & had to sort myself out. Off I went to the docs & was given anti depressants. They did little for me but were a real **** to get off once I decided they were not doing any good.

Depression was never the problem for me. The real problem was I was stressed out to the max working 80 hours a week trying to stop the company I worked for from going bust. It nearly finished me & my marriage.

I left he old company & started my own. Although I still work long hours & have plenty of stress the difference is being in control of your environment. Knowing when I've done enough work & it's time to back off. Recognizing the signs of getting wound up & being strong enough to say farkit that's enough - time to go home & watch some footy.

Taking back control of my life was the key for me. Never looked back.

Stay strong people :)
Inspirational story Jerry . Thanks for sharing . It is all about strong will and attitude and we can get our life back in order .
The Ball is in Foran's court

Doctors don't usually give press conferences about their patient's confidential health information, in my experience!

Obviously not, he was sent to jail!
Reality is probably 1 in 4 inmates in jail have some type of mental health issue so i guess Jamil could certainly qualify

Oh wow when I first read TC's comments I was about to get stuck into him luckily I reread it and realised he said "in my world" BiPolar, Depression doesn't exist- you are so very lucky. My mum has BiPolar and it came on quite abruptly in the blink of an eye she changed from a happy go lucky person to someone who goes through incredibly high cycles where she can do anything, goes on spending frenzies, stared to drink a lot (until I stopped it) calls up in the middle of the night etc... to incredibly low cycles where she stays in bed and does not want to talk or move for days which can be so frustrating and hard to understand when you are watching on (and yes she is now on medication that tries to stabilise the swings). We have to remember that a lot of what we are hearing about Foran is media speculation and of course sensationalising stories sell. We hardly ever hear from him in person so I am going to give him the benefit of doubt in case he really is suffering. I wish him and his family well.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8