The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Surely it is only a matter of time before bleeding heart @Rex jumps all over this
Nice to know you (and @highlandeagle) can't stop thinking of me Wombat Legacy.

You Christian lot are clearly more qualified to pass moral judgements on Foran than I. I just see him as a human being struggling with human issues. And I wish him well.

Didn't your Jesus say something about judging others? And about the planks in your eye? Or did you miss that lesson?

Oh wow when I first read TC's comments I was about to get stuck into him luckily I reread it and realised he said "in my world" BiPolar, Depression doesn't exist- you are so very lucky. My mum has BiPolar and it came on quite abruptly in the blink of an eye she changed from a happy go lucky person to someone who goes through incredibly high cycles where she can do anything, goes on spending frenzies, stared to drink a lot (until I stopped it) calls up in the middle of the night etc... to incredibly low cycles where she stays in bed and does not want to talk or move for days which can be so frustrating and hard to understand when you are watching on (and yes she is now on medication that tries to stabilise the swings). We have to remember that a lot of what we are hearing about Foran is media speculation and of course sensationalising stories sell. We hardly ever hear from him in person so I am going to give him the benefit of doubt in case he really is suffering. I wish him and his family well.
Yep. Tried not to bite with TC this time around but your post should be supported. My partner is bipolar, the symptoms are as you describe. The first sign, strangely enough is that her speech begins to quicken. She doesn't notice it but it's a major sign for me to ask that she remembered her medication. She is one of life's brilliant people and went for too many years undiagnosed and struggling. The drugs mean everyone just sees her as one of life's bright and caring people that you just want to be around. She's fortunate to have the less evil of the two types of bipolar.
I can vaguely understand TC's half baked ideas in depression. I have a friend who just cannot get out of bed for weeks at a time. I understand she's depressed but I still wonder if she'd be better off out in the sunshine. But that's the complexity of it for the layperson - because we think that's what we'd do, that's what they should do. And that's rubbish.
But to question something like bipolar where a person really has no control over what's going on with them, well, TC really has never met anyone in his world who has suffered from the condition.
And, while I'm at it, here's a sobering example of how fragile the brain is for everyone. My mother is 86. She's had growing dementia for a while, but just the forgetful stuff. Six weeks ago, she started to tell me about a woman who was calling out "Joan ******* is a prostitute". This quickly escalated to her knocking on a neighbour's door to find the culprit and then hearing the accusation through the radio. She was tormented every moment of the day and night.
She's in hospital now and the doctors have ruled out a urinary tract infection, which apparently can cause this, and are trying another test for a rare type of dementia. Meanwhile, she's on antipsychotics which have her totally in la la land but not tortured - as she completely was. I reiterate, she was forgetful but completely sane before this came out of nowhere.
I just tell this story to show how completely fragile our brains are.

Last edited:
Sadly our jails are full of inmates with mental health issues.
True, but Woodsie said a mental health "defence". If your mental condition means you did not know the nature of your criminal act or that it was wrong, at law you are not guilty.

In practice this defence is rarely raised other than in murder cases because you can end up incarcerated for a longer period if found mentally ill than you would on a plea of guilty with mental health a mitigating factor on sentence.

Reality is probably 1 in 4 inmates in jail have some type of mental health issue so i guess Jamil could certainly qualify
It's even higher than that, a 2006 study in he US found over 50% of inmates had mental health issues, Australian stats are similar. When you add those with intellectual disability and brain injury you cover the majority of inmates.

To drag the thread back to Foz and accusations that he doesn't need help for his mental state, there are signs. Some random thoughts:
Even before he left Manly he was saying one minute he wanted to leave, the next he wanted to stay.
He was in a facility for treatment in February.
He has been rushed to hospital with an overdose.
His family has fallen apart.
He has had to make it public that he was entering a facility for mental health issues.
Straight after he left the facility, he was not in a quiet place but out and about and in trouble.
Reports suggest that people are trying to get him treatment now while he chooses to go out drinking and gambling, this from the father of a young family.
He has failed to turn up to work as required.
He has virtually been sacked from his job.

There will be other examples but you'd have to say, at the very least, that everything is not right in the head of this formerly clean skinned "future captain" of Manly.

Reading wielder article. Relationship breakdown with kids involved when least expected can put you over the edge.

I been through it, one minute you think things are okay next the wife and kids are gone. You dont feel like working alcohol is the easy answer but it compounds thoughts. It's bloody tough work wise I had my biggest Opp in business I worked in while going through a separation where my family was 800 km away. Personally I learnt a lot and the strength of the human spirit can be pushed down and come back up.
After 8 months apart out family came back together, I learnt in same house or apart I was going to survive and actually become stronger and a better person. But those first few months can break you which is what is happening in public eye about Kieran.

Reading wielder article. Relationship breakdown with kids involved when least expected can put you over the edge.

I been through it, one minute you think things are okay next the wife and kids are gone. You dont feel like working alcohol is the easy answer but it compounds thoughts. It's bloody tough work wise I had my biggest Opp in business I worked in while going through a separation where my family was 800 km away. Personally I learnt a lot and the strength of the human spirit can be pushed down and come back up.
After 8 months apart out family came back together, I learnt in same house or apart I was going to survive and actually become stronger and a better person. But those first few months can break you which is what is happening in public eye about Kieran.
Fiz moved them on in February, not the other way around. He moved in to her new home last month.

Plenty more to this story than lawyers have allowed to be released :(

Yes hearing some white stuff involved ....

white stuff leads to : drinking, punting, debt, brothels and marriage break down and sleeping pills .... sounds right

he needs a long holiday, disconnect from his social circle and time around his children and allowing god into his life.

Then he comes back to Brookie and we win a couple of comps

True, but Woodsie said a mental health "defence". If your mental condition means you did not know the nature of your criminal act or that it was wrong, at law you are not guilty.

In practice this defence is rarely raised other than in murder cases because you can end up incarcerated for a longer period if found mentally ill than you would on a plea of guilty with mental health a mitigating factor on sentence.

It's even higher than that, a 2006 study in he US found over 50% of inmates had mental health issues, Australian stats are similar. When you add those with intellectual disability and brain injury you cover the majority of inmates.

Though its conjectural whether Jamil Hopoate has any mental health issues (the offence was probably more alcohol related) the comments about some areas of our justice system's flaws regarding mental health issues are quite valid. That's not to say other systems are any better and probably ours is one of the best. But its quite accurate to indicate almost 50% of inmates have some form of mental illness though only about a quarter are considered serious enough to warrant medication. The range of conditions is quite broad and many are self induced by substance abuse issues. And understanding of the conditions is often fairly limited. But its worst among women at a reported 62%.

Unfortunately insufficient monies are focused in the community to understand and address such disorders. In the past many were detained, sometimes indefinitely in psychiatric hospitals but successive state governments used The Richardson Report in the early 80's, which recommended more effective care in the community, to cut costs by closing many of the centres and kicking the patients back into the care of untrained families or into boarding houses. The lucky ones found more secure accommodation in half way houses, with at least had some trained staff. Community health teams are notoriously understaffed and have little control over patients in the community ensuring medication is taken or they receive regular injections. The community on the whole doesnt care enough until to affects them.

Another sad indictment on our system is that almost 20% of inmates are Aboriginal and of women its 30% in NSW (over 40% Aboriginal in WA gaols, almost 85% in Northern Territory gaols). Also shows our failure to understand the issues relating to certain subgroups in our community.

We have a good justice system, but unfortunately some Australian citizens are more equal than others

white stuff leads to : drinking, punting, debt, brothels and marriage break down and sleeping pills .... sounds right

he needs a long holiday, disconnect from his social circle and time around his children and allowing god into his life.

Then he comes back to Brookie and we win a couple of comps
@God ?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10