The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dalai feels betrayed by Fiz according to NRL Tonight.:wondering:

Fiz refused to go to an overseas rehab or turn up to training and games @:cool:
The Dalai should realise that a major reason why he kept his job was that Foz agreed to sign with the Eels if he was coach !. That in itself is putting undue pressure on a young man.
Have no real opinion on this whole thing, but to be honest, regardless of what has been done, have real concern for the man's welfare. If what has been suggested has any legs, would hate for him to become the NRL's equivalent of Hansie Cronje.

I don't care about anything relating to Manly, the Squeels, the Dalai or the cash.

If a man is genuinely suffering from mental health issues, all else counts for two thirds of f*&% all.

I hope he gets his life together.

Last edited:
Kieran Foran receives strong support from the Sea Eagles
Jon Geddes, Manly Daily

THE Sea Eagles community have rallied to express their support for their former champion five-eighth Kieran Foran and concern for his welfare after it was revealed that he was walking away from his $5 million deal with Parramatta to deal with personal issues.

While he left Manly to join the crisis-riddled Eels on a multi-million dollar deal this year, the troubled star still commands tremendous respect on the peninsula where he played with such passion in 147 NRL games.

“Playing football should be the furtherest thing from his mind as he gets his life back in order,” said senior club official Peter Peters.

“We are all concerned for him and wish him the best.”

It has been suggested that the Parramatta directors won’t stand in the way of Foran’s departure as it would give them room in the salary cap to chase and re-sign Jarryd Hayne. That would make Foran a free agent to find another club.

But Manly said it would be inappropriate to enter into speculation that troubled star could return to playing on the northern beaches where he became a superstar of the game.

Sea Eagles “godfather” Ken Arthurson is a huge Foran fan and really feels for him he goes through his difficult issues.

“I was hugely disappointed when he left Manly, I really would have loved him to stay,” Arthurson said.

“I just hope everything works out OK for him because apart from the fact he is a very good player, I’ve always found him to be a decent young bloke.

“In the end, it doesn’t matter how much you are getting paid or what the circumstances are, if you are unhappy somewhere, it’s no use being there.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...s/news-story/a5a2569c9791a3d6af7872e1e353635e

So once again the 'sea eagles community' is just Zorba....with Arthurson thrown in for good measure.

*sigh*

Anyway, get well foz even though I would not have you back at Manly.

I'd be upset too if I left my halves partner only to realise i was the weaker link

Hope he gets better but i don't want him wearing our jersey again
The 'weaker link' is a far better player, with all of his personal issues & dodgy hamstrings too. Notice how chez hasn't cut up the opposition, like he used to every 5-6 weeks, when Foz was running the show? I know who chez would want for his halves partner & it isn't Blake green!

So the facts are that almost everyone will be effected by mental illness at some point in their life.
If you are suffering ( contrary to some of keyboard Warriors) please reach out to someone, if you are not comfortable talking to family or friends (even your footy coach!) then there is easy to access services.
https://www.beyondblue.org.au/get-support/get-immediate-support
https://www.lifeline.org.au/Get-Help/

There are many ways to reach out, you just have to make a small efffort.

Or feel free to send me a p.m.

My concern is that this stuff actually undermines people who do suffer from the scourge of mental illness.I have had a close hand experience with a family member and it is a terrible situation BUT

Call me cynical but I don't buy this. We have a guy who for years leads a normal life,popular with no mental health issues,then when the big pay days come has a crack at the gear and grog,gets on the punt,hangs around with dickheads,has problems with his marriage and it all goes to hell in a handbasket.Wow,what a shock!! This stuff has been happening for centuries.Life dishes this stuff up and people deal with it or not.Look at the history of major lottery winners.It ain't rocket science.

Andrew Johns,Willy Mason,Todd Carney,Mitchell Pearce...the list is a mile long of footballers who play the bipolar,mental issues card and most of the time it is simply a cop out for pampered flawed individuals.

This nanny state we have created seems to totally absolve people for bad behaviour.Personal responsibility is dead and there is a syndrome for everything.There are good and bad people in the world,always has been....racking up excuses for most of these clowns is the way of the great politically correct world we live in and totally undermines people with serious mental issues who don't earn a million dollars a year and act like spoiled brats.

He will be playing in the NRL next year for someone and earning a huge pay packet.....we all know it and to be frank I'm sick of all this garbage.Giving up the NRL.....yeah,right.

Last edited:
There are continued rumours/allegations of cocain use. Ben Cousins started his psychosis the same way :(

Cocaine is an addictive drug that produces numerous psychiatric symptoms, syndromes, and disorders. The symptoms include agitation, paranoia, hallucinations, delusions, violence, as well as suicidal and homicidal thinking. They can be primary to the drug's effect or secondary to exacerbation of comorbid psychiatric disorders

Professional intervention is the only remedy :nod:

My concern is that this stuff actually undermines people who do suffer from the scourge of mental illness.

Call me cynical but I don't buy this. We have a guy who for years leads a normal life,popular with no mental health issues,then when the big pay days come has a crack at the gear and grog,gets on the punt,has problems with his marriage and it all goes to hell in a handbasket.Wow,what a shock!! This stuff has been happening for centuries.Life dishes this stuff up and people deal with it or not.
Andrew Johns,Willy Mason,Todd carney...the list is a mile long of footballers who play the bipolar,mental issues card and most of the time it is simply a cop out for pampered flawed individuals.

This nanny state we have created seems to totally absolve people for bad behaviour.Personal responsibility is dead and there is a syndrome for everything.There are good and bad people in the world,always has been....racking up excuses for most of these clowns is the way of the great politically correct world we live in and totally undermines people with serious mental issues who don't earn a million dollars a year and act like spoiled brats.

He will be playing in the NRL next year for someone and earning a huge pay packet.....we all know it and to be frank I'm sick of all this garbage.
Agree I somehow think Kieran early in piece realised para not what it seemed.
If his management has already made contact with Hasler then really to me he simply wants out. Parra as much as I hate them need to have certain terms on his release.
He won't end up here, Kieran ever since Hasler left here has acted like a brat with Every contract since.

the list is a mile long of footballers who play the bipolar,mental issues card and most of the time it is simply a cop out for pampered flawed individuals.
'Most of the time'....
and you base this on...your qualifications in psychiatry?

There are good and bad people in the world,always has been....
Oh yeah, good v evil. That is merely a moral judgment based on a religious concept, and serves only to mystify and confuse the real forces that determine individual's attitudes and actions.

'Most of the time'....
and you base this on...your qualifications in psychiatry?

Oh yeah, good v evil. That is merely a moral judgment based on a religious concept, and serves only to mystify and confuse the real forces that determine individual's attitudes and actions.

And you base your view on what.Everyone is a victim with zero control over their own destiny and as such cannot be held to task for their own actions.

I base it on the fact I live in the real world.I have worked in the futures and stock trading industry here and Chicago for 30 years and seen a myriad of guys of all backgrounds and education levels who earn a helluva lot more money than these footballers get caught up in drugs,marriage breakups,crime,you name it and I can tell you a lot of them have hit the skids but the all encompassing mental health card rarely got played.They ****ed up,they know it and got on with it...with differing outcomes.

I'm sure mental health plays a role in some cases but I just don't buy this blanket cop out .My family member had schizophrenia,not a hangover from too much grog,coke and good times.

Anyway this is an argument that can't be won or lost. Each to his own.Thats my 2 c worth.

Last edited:
Dogs would have to unload a few players to get Foran. We are one of a few Teams that will have some cash to spend at the end of the year and we haven't landed anyone of significance yet, so wouldn't be surprised if he ends up back with Manly.

I'm sure mental health plays a role in some cases but I just don't buy this blanket cop out
Maybe in your field of work no one bothered to raise that factor simply because it wouldn't have helped? Is it possible that in that high-stakes, cut-throat industry, there is no room to move - you **** up and you are gone, and no excuse will be save you?

That doesn't mean that mental conditions don't play a role in the behaviour of people who **** up or commit criminal acts.

These days there is a slow dawning acknowledgment of the existence and impact of mental illness. And while it may be only the well-heeled footy players who can afford to pay for the psychiatric report, this doesn't mean the psychiatric conclusions are flawed.

Not saying they are flawed.Im saying common sense suggests that it is ridiculous to suggest that the majority of people who hit the skids have mental illness.My life experience tells me that is not the case.

On a wider note outside of mental health I think this lack of personal responsibility and respect in the younger community is driven by the fact that the politically correct excuse all sorts of bad behaviour for a myriad of reasons and it is all too easy to behave badly these days with few consequences and the bullies and dickheads know it. I deal with kids in League all the time and it just gets worse by the minute.

Anyway no more from me.As someone effected by mental health issues I have the utmost respect for people in that situation but life experience tells me there are a helluva lot of others undermining their situation.

Anyway no more from me.Cant win or lose this one.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10