The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
First time poster on here I can't understand how in one year Brad Arthur had so much influence on our players and yet they have been working with Toovey for years as an assistant and head coach

Neither can the rest of us.....

The majority consensus is that Brad Arthur is good on his knees.

I have no idea why Kelly doesn't just " move on".

Let's start spending some dollars on whatever they reckon they need to build a team around, a good quality forward, and a half back that will at least keep us in the mix until we can groom a youngster.

We need some good news!!

" The Sea Eagles would like to announce the signing of ??????"

If he waits to 30 June for Foran we will be screwed
I totally aggree with almost everything you have said Mark except for the bit about grooming a youngster. There are laws against that sort of s#*t

Just a thought. Supercoach got his team to 10th spot last year and they should have actually got 8th spot if they didn't choke at the death. If he is such a defensive genius, why is it that the eels conceded 580 points which ranked them 13th for defense? hmmmm.......

I remember when Des left Choc said it would be fine because Tooves was running their training sessions anyway. I guess Brad Arthur was actually running them from Melbourne...

First time poster on here I can't understand how in one year Brad Arthur had so much influence on our players and yet they have been working with Toovey for years as an assistant and head coach

Welcome @EagleGirl1963........!

Yes I do not understand the BA love affair, really bizarre actually.

IMO I think BA has done SFA in my book and does not deserve any adulation what so ever.

Foran Foran Foran, what are we to do with you. 1.2 million a year is absolutely ridiculous and even if we were to match/better the offer I get the feeling you would still go anyway. How about you just sign with the squeels and we all move on. Let us sign an adequate replacement on less than half the coin and we get on with winning again. Your treatment of Tooves is more than a little disgraceful. Just go, Brad is waiting and positioned as suspected on his Knees.

Arthur is on his knees (if that's his style fine) but our CEO is seemingly going 2 be on his knees until June 30. Frankly that's embarrassing and not how we operate. Someone at the club has 2 tell him our history he obviously has no clue. If you don't want 2 play with us **** off we don't beg anyone 2 pull on our jersey.

. Just go, Brad is waiting and positioned as suspected on his Knees.
8wogp.jpg

Arthur is on his knees (if that's his style fine) but our CEO is seemingly going 2 be on his knees until June 30. Frankly that's embarrassing and not how we operate. Someone at the club has 2 tell him our history he obviously has no clue. If you don't want 2 play with us **** off we don't beg anyone 2 pull on our jersey.
I hope it's a ruse to get Parra to offer 5M over 4 years.

Either way, the fans have spoken - we are fine with moving on from Foz. And that took us a whole day to decide...

You know what I am actually getting really, really annoyed at our management and Foz.

So it was fine for management to get Toovey to take the coach role when it suited them? When the coach they had at the time chose money over Manly and tried to destroy the club on the way out.

Toovey did an incredible job through that extremely tough time and has been doing an incredible job IMO ever since.

So what the heck is going on?

I mean even Watamouth was even quoted saying this about Tooves a while back.
''Tooves held this club together,'' back-rower Anthony Watmough says. ''He's been the glue that kept this club together. We were expected to fall apart and then we came within one game of the grand final last year …

Above quote taken from the following link
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/tough-school-the-geoff-toovey-way-20131003-2uxgv.html

He has been taken so much crap since Des left but continues to face up.

And as for Foz..........well Foz almost left to the Dog$ years ago and is carrying on like a spoilt little brat now. If anyone should be dropped to the reggies, it is Foz. Don't give him an early release, don't pander to him, don't offer him a revised more $$$ contract. His form was rubbish at the end of last year and he has been walking around like he has the world on his shoulders. I think he has a major attitude problem and needs to be taught a lesson.

And you know what I have been disappointed with Matai and Brett as well, there is a sense of arrogance from them that I have never seen before. Matai
trotted out with I did what makes my family happy when resigning, did he once ever mention how much he loved Manly??? Brett has been carrying a chip on his shoulder for a few months and I hope he loses it very soon.

Anyway, I am ropable at the moment and knowing that Foz has agreed to terms with the squeels makes me furious. When did this happen, when did our management know and who is telling the truth?

I think Foz may be far more toxic than DCE has ever supposedly been. He is definitely not captain material in my mind...!

Tomorrow night I will be going to support the likes of Toovey, Killer, Buhrer, JSL, Matty Ballin, etc. The ones who posses the real spirit of Manly, the ones who see past the BS and put in for the jersey and play football which is what they are paid to do.

The squeels can have Foz but next year because over there they have no spirit, so he will fit in nicely.

I agree. F off Kieran. Go off to Parramatta with your boyfriends. I dont give a **** about him anymore. Can we just get our board to support our coach. We dont want Brown or Arthur. Fans at this club love having former legends coaching. It works for us and it works for the culture thats been created.

I am really unhappy with Joe Kelly. I always thought Perry was doing a great job and getting DCE signed up was 100% priority. It is a shame we brought this new muppet in who scuppered all the deals and likely lost the sponsor that Perry and Co brought in.

I am happy to give him more time.. but with whats happened already.. i am not a fan.

Why hasnt Foran just announced it already? worst secret in NRL. He agreed months ago.. so why just deny it? If anything we should withdraw his contract and offer more to DCE. Halves are harder to come by. Worst case scenario we could always use Lyon or B Stewart at 5/8 and move Turbo/Gutho to fullback/centre.

Disgraceful management in my opinion.

I agree. F off Kieran. Go off to Parramatta with your boyfriends. I dont give a **** about him anymore. Can we just get our board to support our coach. We dont want Brown or Arthur. Fans at this club love having former legends coaching. It works for us and it works for the culture thats been created.

I am really unhappy with Joe Kelly. I always thought Perry was doing a great job and getting DCE signed up was 100% priority. It is a shame we brought this new muppet in who scuppered all the deals and likely lost the sponsor that Perry and Co brought in.

I am happy to give him more time.. but with whats happened already.. i am not a fan.

Why hasnt Foran just announced it already? worst secret in NRL. He agreed months ago.. so why just deny it? If anything we should withdraw his contract and offer more to DCE. Halves are harder to come by. Worst case scenario we could always use Lyon or B Stewart at 5/8 and move Turbo/Gutho to fullback/centre.

Disgraceful management in my opinion.
Yep Kelly so far has been piss poor.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8