The "I miss T-Rex" Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Top End Eagle's Posts sound like a big http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b202/Jethro01/Stirring****.gif to me

and people have taken the bait

hook-line-sinker.gif

Seems to me over the first 2 games that if you have the number 4 on your back, you will tackle t-rex consistently and easily.

Unless of course he is doing a season long rope-a-dope!

He just does'nt seem like he wants to be out there. I have talked to him briefly and he seemed like a genuinely nice bloke. Big and placid, no mongrel in him, which probably is'nt great if your playing first grade footy.

Top End Eagle said:
No we dropped the ball. How do we keep a player like Matt Ballin who has only played one origin game and is nearing the end of his career, and a bloke like Steve Matai who lets face it is not the sort of player you want your kids looking up to. TRex will win the comp for the dogs this year. He is their x factor and proven at test level running over noted defenders like Benji marshal. The board stuffed up and tooves stuffed up and we need to get over it as fans as much as it hurts us seeing the great tony Williams running out for this years premiers. It's in the past.

You may well be fishing but Steve Matai is getting paid a massive amount less at Manly then what the sharks were offering him. That is exactly the sort of bloke i want my kids to look up to. And Matt Ballin, has been the backbone of this team.

Stevo said:
Top End Eagle said:
No we dropped the ball. How do we keep a player like Matt Ballin who has only played one origin game and is nearing the end of his career, and a bloke like Steve Matai who lets face it is not the sort of player you want your kids looking up to. TRex will win the comp for the dogs this year. He is their x factor and proven at test level running over noted defenders like Benji marshal. The board stuffed up and tooves stuffed up and we need to get over it as fans as much as it hurts us seeing the great tony Williams running out for this years premiers. It's in the past.

You may well be fishing but Steve Matai is getting paid a massive amount less at Manly then what the sharks were offering him. That is exactly the sort of bloke i want my kids to look up to. And Matt Ballin, has been the backbone of this team.

Top end are u fishing or was your account hacked
Sounding very much like Mr I

Top End Eagle said:

Back away from the bong water, TEE. You're halucinating.

Top End Eagle said:
You are not a Top End Eagle you sound more like a Dead End Dick Head you Clown :D

The effort he displayed in the game last night was a carbon copy of how he played for us most of the time. I can recall the match against the Roosters last year where he was terrific but apart from the odd (very occasional) brief passage of good play.... That's what we got. The one thing I did notice was, he was trying to grab some of the opposing players in a "bear hug" and fling them to the ground. This was how he got suspended last year and if he gets it wrong again, he'll be facing a very hefty suspension.

For the money required to keep him vs the benefits, the club did the right thing in letting him go.

She-Rex needs some time away from football - and now that the little Dog has left Rehab there will be a bed for him. He'll be able to sleep all day long, just as he does on the football field.

Daddycool said:
The effort he displayed in the game last night was a carbon copy of how he played for us most of the time. I can recall the match against the Roosters last year where he was terrific but apart from the odd (very occasional) brief passage of good play.... That's what we got. The one thing I did notice was, he was trying to grab some of the opposing players in a "bear hug" and fling them to the ground. This was how he got suspended last year and if he gets it wrong again, he'll be facing a very hefty suspension.

For the money required to keep him vs the benefits, the club did the right thing in letting him go.

The club didn't let him go, they wanted him but were out bid

Av8r said:
Daddycool said:

The club didn't let him go, they wanted him but were out bid

Sounds like a good way of making the Dogs pay top dollar.

BOZO said:
Top End Eagle said:
You are not a Top End Eagle you sound more like a Dead End Dick Head you Clown :D
Wow thanks for the kind words. I know we are all uPset at seeing this human wrecking ball so diligently applying his win at all cost attitude for the dogs each week but let's not forgt we all support manly here. Look back on my previous posts and you will see I have always been a TRex fan.

Top End Eagle said:
He will come good for the dogs. He is an international forward and the most devastating ball runner in the game. Some of you are just jealous he is not running out for us anymore. Get over yourselves. If you can't see that if it wasn't for our inept board we would still have this superstar then you need to take a long hard look at yourselves. Not everything is maroon and white. I for one am not looking forward to horo foran and Matai trying to match it with a defensive weapon like this man mountain. God forbid super coach des switch him to the other side and nullify jamie Lyon in three weeks time.

Too early for an April fools gag ?

Part of the problem is people have worked out some of his weaknesses. His defence is average, so the quick little guys are skirting around him. See what Thurston did last week. He defends more and that show his fitness. He is a big human, not easy running for 80min. Des was suppose to get the best out of him... He is not an 80 minute player. Best in small bursts, he is a power athlete.
45minutes of destruction is much better than 80minutes of strolling around.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8