The "I miss T-Rex" Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
swoop said:
I'm not going to start another thread but maybe the title could be changed to who we miss and don't miss.

i.e Who's misses Lussick? Not me, the eels paid overs for him and last night he wasn't very affective. The same old errors and penalties.

His claim to fame and being a tough guy came from the brawl with the mexicans.

I cannot recall a game where he was the dominant forward for us.

I watched Lussick closely last night and he was more effective than that other Manly discard. He had a dig. He shouldn't be cited for the tackle; it was just bad luck. Lussick gained a big reputation early in his career, but never lived up to it. I think he is an average first grader at the moment who would struggle to make our top 17. And, yes, Doesn'tMatta paid way over the odds for him. But they have to because no-one in their right mind would join them. Even Papali pleaded temporary insanity, while Hoppa Jnr may stay on God-ening leave permanent, realising he's signed with the devil.

It was funny watching the reaction to Top End at first, but hilarious watching the abuse he continued getting after posting this:

"Always outstanding in attack and who can forget that one time he tackled that player from the othe team and no-one was even telling him to?"

Rex said:
It was funny watching the reaction to Top End at first, but hilarious watching the abuse he continued getting after posting this:

"Always outstanding in attack and who can forget that one time he tackled that player from the othe team and no-one was even telling him to?"

Lol I missed that one. Nice.

Truth is, as a Manly supporter we had to try see the best about Williams.
Facts are.....
He can break 3 tackles, give away 3 penalties.
Score a try, let 1 in.
Get away a miracle pass, drop the ball 5 times trying the same low % play.
Make a big hit, miss 4 simple tackles trying for that hit.
Be really involved for 80 minutes - ooops I fu**ed that up!!
Be a gamebreaker - just as often for the opposition.
Stay with a grand final winning team with proud history - Go to a sad team who will at best have the honour of bridesmaids & the best accountant.

I don't think he has the skill, nor the brains, to be a good player. Yeah, he's big and powerful, but he didn't listen to Des nor Tooves about running on to the ball. He's a myth and will soon be playing Reserve grade.

Tony Williams looked remedial to me last night ...
And I am not being insensitive in any way to special needs.

Top End Eagle said:
Bones it was all tongue in cheek. I thought everyone would have realised that. MB is the second best hooker in the world and should be smiths understudy for the kangaroos except for the tiger connection that saw Farrah picked every year. Matai is my favourite player. I had thought people would have worked out the tone of the post when I called Benji a noted defender. Look back at some of the threads I have created related to TRex and it is obvious he was never my favourite player.

Yeah good one Top End Eagle :)

I had it picked back at post #141

http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-The-I-miss-T-Rex-Thread?pid=475590#pid475590

You certainly reeled in quite a few who thought that you were serious.

Top End Eagle said:
BOZO said:
Top End Eagle said:
BOZO said:
Top End Eagle said:
No we dropped the ball. How do we keep a player like Matt Ballin who has only played one origin game and is nearing the end of his career, and a bloke like Steve Matai who lets face it is not the sort of player you want your kids looking up to. TRex will win the comp for the dogs this year. He is their x factor and proven at test level running over noted defenders like Benji marshal. The board stuffed up and tooves stuffed up and we need to get over it as fans as much as it hurts us seeing the great tony Williams running out for this years premiers. It's in the past.
You are not a Top End Eagle you sound more like a Dead End Dick Head you Clown :D
Wow thanks for the kind words. I know we are all uPset at seeing this human wrecking ball so diligently applying his win at all cost attitude for the dogs each week but let's not forgt we all support manly here. Look back on my previous posts and you will see I have always been a TRex fan.
You say you are a Manly supporter and at the same time bag our players and say that the Great Toovey stuffed up . The truth is your mother and father stuffed up for having a clown like you :p

Bozo you are the clown. Your outfit must be black and white though because that's the only way you see things.
You are wrong again .My outfit is maroon and white and i see everything through maroon and white eyes and when clowns come on this sacred Silvertails forum and bag our coach and players I tell them what i think of them :D

swoop said:
I'm not going to start another thread but maybe the title could be changed to who we miss and don't miss.

i.e Who's misses Lussick? Not me, the eels paid overs for him and last night he wasn't very affective. The same old errors and penalties.

We haven't lost a player to another NRL club that I have regretted. Off the top of my head over the last 5 years or so

Burns - one dimensional toiler. plenty heart but no Foran.
Bani - Who ?
Neumann - Gooooodbyyyyeeeee Neumann
Cuthbo - has turned into a bit of a journeyman.
JWH - solid enough but haven't laid awake at night missing his presence
Hodkinson - DCE is streets ahead
Hoppa - hasn't impacted us yet, let's see what he comes back like first.
Lussick - Not on current form
Harrison - Didn't strike me as NRL standard
Oldfield - Wingers are a dime a dozen, Wolf and Horhay better options
Whare - would have liked to have kept him but he was never going to get a run ahead of Snake, Killer or Stevie. Most likely to succeed out of all we have let go.

We also had Ox and Hally come back to the NRL after ESL stints. Ox was past his prime and Hally would have been handy for depth, but we really haven't missed him too bad.

I got my haircut today. My barber is a Bulldogs fan. When i walked in and sat down, the first thing he said to me was "Can you take T Rex back please? " lol.

I was a T Rex fan when he was at Manly, but am glad we didn't match the Bulldogs offer. He was value for the money Manly had him on after signing him from the Eels. The Dogs however are paying way overs.

bones said:
I got my haircut today. My barber is a Bulldogs fan. When i walked in and sat down, the first thing he said to me was "Can you take T Rex back please? " lol.

I was a T Rex fan when he was at Manly, but am glad we didn't match the Bulldogs offer. He was value for the money Manly had him on after signing him from the Eels. The Dogs however are paying way overs.

With you Bones. Without the price tag he had the potential to add something different that could seriously trouble defences - not just when he was given the ball but when bypassed. But like with Hoppa jnr, the price tag was ridiculous. The back injury has put major question marks over him - making him even more a diamonds/rocks proposition. Now he's the enemy, especially a Dog, good riddance!

Very happy indeed with the decision to go for consistent hard workers at a good price tag.

Eviringham is one I would have liked on the books still

Chip and Chase said:
swoop said:

We haven't lost a player to another NRL club that I have regretted. Off the top of my head over the last 5 years or so

Burns - one dimensional toiler. plenty heart but no Foran.
Bani - Who ?
Neumann - Gooooodbyyyyeeeee Neumann
Cuthbo - has turned into a bit of a journeyman.
JWH - solid enough but haven't laid awake at night missing his presence
Hodkinson - DCE is streets ahead
Hoppa - hasn't impacted us yet, let's see what he comes back like first.
Lussick - Not on current form
Harrison - Didn't strike me as NRL standard
Oldfield - Wingers are a dime a dozen, Wolf and Horhay better options
Whare - would have liked to have kept him but he was never going to get a run ahead of Snake, Killer or Stevie. Most likely to succeed out of all we have let go.

We also had Ox and Hally come back to the NRL after ESL stints. Ox was past his prime and Hally would have been handy for depth, but we really haven't missed him too bad.

I was a bit annoyed when Paul Stephenson went to the Sharks.

Chip and Chase said:

Smart to include those words, otherwise everyone would have reminded us how big a loss Chris Bailey was.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8