The "I miss T-Rex" Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Top End Eagle said:
BOZO said:
Top End Eagle said:
No we dropped the ball. How do we keep a player like Matt Ballin who has only played one origin game and is nearing the end of his career, and a bloke like Steve Matai who lets face it is not the sort of player you want your kids looking up to. TRex will win the comp for the dogs this year. He is their x factor and proven at test level running over noted defenders like Benji marshal. The board stuffed up and tooves stuffed up and we need to get over it as fans as much as it hurts us seeing the great tony Williams running out for this years premiers. It's in the past.
You are not a Top End Eagle you sound more like a Dead End Dick Head you Clown :D
Wow thanks for the kind words. I know we are all uPset at seeing this human wrecking ball so diligently applying his win at all cost attitude for the dogs each week but let's not forgt we all support manly here. Look back on my previous posts and you will see I have always been a TRex fan.
You say you are a Manly supporter and at the same time bag our players and say that the Great Toovey stuffed up . The truth is your mother and father stuffed up for having a clown like you :p

There is a mixture of truths here. But MWSE did 'let him go', . . . allowed themselves to be out-bid. Its a way of sabotaging the opposition, the more they spend on TontineRex, the less they have left over for anyone else.

He will break a few tackles this year, just not enough , not consistently enough to justify the $$.

The truth about the precise nature of his back injury has never come out. It will stop him from ever realising his potential.

Believe he ruptured several discs, this takes years to heal. Never the same after. If he gets a few discs 'fused' same outcome.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, for me I am more than happy we kept Ballin and Matai over she-rex.

MissKate said:
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, for me I am more than happy we kept Ballin and Matai over she-rex.
The fact is MissKate, Ballin and Matai have both been far more consistent players then T-Rex was for us .

EagleFromMay1967 said:
There is a mixture of truths here. But MWSE did 'let him go', . . . allowed themselves to be out-bid. Its a way of sabotaging the opposition, the more they spend on TontineRex, the less they have left over for anyone else.

He will break a few tackles this year, just not enough , not consistently enough to justify the $$.

The truth about the precise nature of his back injury has never come out. It will stop him from ever realising his potential.

Believe he ruptured several discs, this takes years to heal. Never the same after. If he gets a few discs 'fused' same outcome.
His back injury correspondes with a big dip in form. Back injuries don't heal quickly and confidence comes back slowly. Broken heartlidge is a different matter.

I don't think his is broken i think it's missing all together. In fact, I'm not sure how he functions on a day to day basis.

EagleFromMay1967 said:

You get the sense that Perry played against Greenbergs ego in this case. So much emphasis post-Des leaving that a raft of players will defect with him, and in the end Greenberg needed something to show for it.

BOZO said:
Top End Eagle said:
BOZO said:
Top End Eagle said:
No we dropped the ball. How do we keep a player like Matt Ballin who has only played one origin game and is nearing the end of his career, and a bloke like Steve Matai who lets face it is not the sort of player you want your kids looking up to. TRex will win the comp for the dogs this year. He is their x factor and proven at test level running over noted defenders like Benji marshal. The board stuffed up and tooves stuffed up and we need to get over it as fans as much as it hurts us seeing the great tony Williams running out for this years premiers. It's in the past.
You are not a Top End Eagle you sound more like a Dead End Dick Head you Clown :D
Wow thanks for the kind words. I know we are all uPset at seeing this human wrecking ball so diligently applying his win at all cost attitude for the dogs each week but let's not forgt we all support manly here. Look back on my previous posts and you will see I have always been a TRex fan.
You say you are a Manly supporter and at the same time bag our players and say that the Great Toovey stuffed up . The truth is your mother and father stuffed up for having a clown like you :p

Bozo you are the clown. Your outfit must be black and white though because that's the only way you see things.

Top End Eagle said:

I think one State Of Origin is one more than a player would expect to play in when they play in the same position as Cam Smith.
Would you rather your kids 'look up to' the drink- driver Tony Williams?

Bones it was all tongue in cheek. I thought everyone would have realised that. MB is the second best hooker in the world and should be smiths understudy for the kangaroos except for the tiger connection that saw Farrah picked every year. Matai is my favourite player. I had thought people would have worked out the tone of the post when I called Benji a noted defender. Look back at some of the threads I have created related to TRex and it is obvious he was never my favourite player.

If you thought Top End was serious I think you may have been spending too much time where idiots who actually have those views post, like at the Kennel or League Unlimited.

I'm not going to start another thread but maybe the title could be changed to who we miss and don't miss.

i.e Who's misses Lussick? Not me, the eels paid overs for him and last night he wasn't very affective. The same old errors and penalties.

His claim to fame and being a tough guy came from the brawl with the mexicans.

I cannot recall a game where he was the dominant forward for us.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Geez some of you guys are a bit slow on the up take.

Top End mention early in this thread about "noted defenders like Benji", did anyone really think he was serious.

MadMarcus said:
If you thought Top End was serious I think you may have been spending too much time where idiots who actually have those views post, like at the Kennel or League Unlimited.

I thought he was a troll. I clicked on his name and it was showing on my iPad that he only joined today. Got me good lol

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8