Supposed "Crisis at Manly" Megathread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Don't know if anyone has posted this but I as at the Gold wings function Wednesday night. It was a great night except for 1 thing.
A rather rotund man with a mustache spent most of the night perched on a chair whispering to Snake, Choc and Skivvy. As you all keep stating on here it really looked like he was the puppeteer of all this.
Anyway aside from that, notable absentees were Perry and Gifty. The younger brigade seem to be extremely happy and probably see all this as an opportunity down the track.

Sea Eagles Rock U said:
Don't know if anyone has posted this but I as at the Gold wings function Wednesday night. It was a great night except for 1 thing.
A rather rotund man with a mustache spent most of the night perched on a chair whispering to Snake, Choc and Skivvy. As you all keep stating on here it really looked like he was the puppeteer of all this.
Anyway aside from that, notable absentees were Perry and Gifty. The younger brigade seem to be extremely happy and probably see all this as an opportunity down the track.

too bad no one gave him a piece of their mind

I can remember a time when the big issue was Vautin being kicked out of the club. Great Manly man and loyal servant, but his next two years at the Roosters proved that management was most probably on the money. I think Gifty for all his great service might prove the same for Souths. Judging by what I have seen of him, I don't think Gift would like the idea of all this turmoil being caused by him.

These Player cliques are breaking down as the newbie numbers take over the 2004 group.

Manly is in good hands, the FC Members made sure we voted out his Faction.
So he can continue jerking around the few Players who are not savvy enough to comprehend power plays off the field :cool:

Aussie Battler said:
I can remember a time when the big issue was Vautin being kicked out of the club. Great Manly man and loyal servant, but his next two years at the Roosters proved that management was most probably on the money. I think Gifty for all his great service might prove the same for Souths. Judging by what I have seen of him, I don't think Gift would like the idea of all this turmoil being caused by him.

Fatty was on the slide but I think what his last 2 years show at the Roosters is that nothing beats being at Manly. He might not have been the player he was but I'm convinced if he had stayed he would his performances would have been a much higher level.

The Media Maggots know very well that this is a salary cap issue and not a club in Crisis
If they want to find some serious club Crisis they will find that all the other clubs that are below us on the ladder have bigger problems than the most successful NRL club in the last decade and the modern era .
This Manly crisis media crap talk is only 2 things
1 Gutter journalism
2 The tall poppy syndrome and the great thing about all this Maggot Media Crap is the lower they stoop the higher the Mighty Sea eagles Fly !!! :)
THE LOWER THE MEDIA MAGGOTS STOOP THE HIGHER THE MIGHTY SEA EAGLES FLY!!! :)

mickqld said:
Roger said:
Harry said:
Roger said:
Just a question, does anyone know how much Gift is getting at Souths I haven't read it anywhere? Also maybe Gift and his manager priced themselves way above what Manly could afford with its salary cap issues as negotiations went on for a while and in the end no offer was made.
At Manly, Glenn Stewart was on a back ended contract that has him playing for north of $800,000 this season. Souths wouldn’t have matched that but there’s no doubt he’d be arriving on big money - probably somewhere in the $600,000 ball park. In the main the Rabbitohs would be funding that using the Sam Burgess kitty. Burgess is one of the Rabbitohs’ highest paid players, so his departure frees up a substantial chunk of the salary cap.

This is what im getting at, there has been nothing I have found which says anything about money and you like me is just assuming how much he must be getting, maybe he and his manager valved themselves out of Manlys financial reach

According to Sportal it would have taken a $450k/year offer from Manly for 2 years to keep him. Basically saying we didn't want to keep him at any price and that's why these guys are so pissed off. Can't blame them really when we are signing up others who have just arrived but that's the decision Manly mangement have made.
The club had no intention of signing him. He wasn't part of the plan go the future. Move along - nothing we can do about it.

Masked Eagle said:
Aussie Battler said:

Fatty was on the slide but I think what his last 2 years show at the Roosters is that nothing beats being at Manly. He might not have been the player he was but I'm convinced if he had stayed he would his performances would have been a much higher level.

Most probably right, but I can't understand why Gift's situation was more dire than Kite's. Kite's efforts right up to the time he left were quality. Gift (great player) but has seemed to have a touch of the Liam Fulton's lately getting knocked out and injured a lot easier than a 1st grade footballer should. Is it just because Gift was more popular in the playing group ? Counts a little for him being retained but should not be the be all and end all.

Aussie Battler said:
Masked Eagle said:
Aussie Battler said:

Most probably right, but I can't understand why Gift's situation was more dire than Kite's. Kite's efforts right up to the time he left were quality. Gift (great player) but has seemed to have a touch of the Liam Fulton's lately getting knocked out and injured a lot easier than a 1st grade footballer should. Is it just because Gift was more popular in the playing group ? Counts a little for him being retained but should not be the be all and end all.

Agreed, fatty's book shows he was playing non stop for a couple of years, straight to England after our season finished the back again. He was no doubt burnt out.

Aussie Battler said:
... Is it just because Gift was more popular in the playing group ?
Not even a simple matter of 'popularity', Kite was popular, Beaver, probably George.
Pretty clear Gift is an off-field leader.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Aussie Battler said:
... Is it just because Gift was more popular in the playing group ?
Not even a simple matter of 'popularity', Kite was popular, Beaver, probably George.
Pretty clear Gift is an off-field leader.

Simple, his little brother has been the most influential Player at Manly in this era. The two were a package deal and everyone would have expected them to remain so.

That contrived Court Case took a huge emotional toll too, not only on Snake, but every Manly Player in 2009.
Those Players are extra protective of each other as they lived that nightmare together :angel:

Sea Eagles Rock U said:

I was there , I saw the < Deleted > in these players ears all night. It made me sick.
Perry was there I spoke to him. He came late after the board meeting .Gift was not. I asked where he was (gift) and got told he was resting his nee.

There's the problem and why I heard alarm bells when the latest media report came through that Choc wants to stay with the club once his career is over. We need to get rid of the leak and his acolytes so this club can, indeed, move forward.

If I was involved in all of this and at that function at Gold Wings (I wasn't).....I wouldn't have given Panoutas Peterides a piece of my mind, but damn I'd have been VERY tempted to give him a knuckle sandwich.

This club.....the very club he has been with since he joined from Parramatta in 1969.....is bigger than he is (hard I know, but its true). He claims to love this club, yet when we're sitting on top of the ladder it seems that he is more out for himself than anything and doesn't care what trouble it causes so long as he gets what he wants. He should leave boardroom dramas in the boardroom and leave the players alone.

Just to clarify for those who might not know.....Panoutas Peterides is the name Zorba had when he was born.

It May sound ridiculous, and I've never done one before, but do we think the board would have a response if there was a 2000 member signed petition to get ripped of peters?

He is not necessarily the cause of all problems, but he sure exacerbates everything that should be going on behind closed doors

Hers a thought
They say in sports marketing "any publicity is good publicity' whilst I don't agree 100% on this I see what is happening only strengthening our chances of winning this premiership and as long as its not in the gutter - it is attracting income
In sports psychology - the more people talk about the opposition, the more the others fear the ones they are talking about.
So how do you think the other teams will be viewing Manly now, do you think they would perceive them as basket cases??? or maybe they will be left with subconscious fear for this team
Manly on the other hand will not become cocky with this publicity - rather they will have something to prove.

Speaking generally. A newspaper stirring the pot to generate one media story is one thing, but the way the rest of the NRL media so willingly jump into that first up story to amplify it into hysterical levels is a sad reflection on where the code's media is at. Happens over and over.

No other sport has such a poor and simple one dimensional level of analysis and thinking. One in all in seems to apply with the NRL media. When do they actually write or talk about the game on the field? Where is the analysis like in NFL or AFL?

They will feed on this Manly story until the club is ripped apart where the cap failed to do it, then find some other simpletons subject to create hysterics about.

Maybe I'm wrong and it's not the media's fault. They are just giving the average moronic NRL fan stories that they can understand.

Bradza said:
Snake said:
Bradza said:
Snake said:
I also think that the club are probably weary of having too many of the senior group retire at once. Sooner or later, the older heads will have to make way for the younger crop to come through. Unfortunately, Gifty was the first to make way.

Gee, I would have thought Kitey was the first but he obviously doesn't count according to some.

settle down tiger; no disrespect to Kite, he simply slipped my mind.

It's ok, it was more a sly shot at the players than you.

Yeah I think Kitey was liked by his team mates, but being a family man with strong religious beliefs, was probably not as social with the core group. I can't imagine Kitey pissing on a wall after a bender with Choc for example.

joeboy said:
It May sound ridiculous, and I've never done one before, but do we think the board would have a response if there was a 2000 member signed petition to get ripped of peters?

Sounds like a good idea

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8