Supposed "Crisis at Manly" Megathread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Now this has come out.....Manly are apparently set to withdraw their $1.2 million offer to Choc. Apparently he's not happy the offer is for two years as he wants three to finish his career at Manly.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-are-poised-to-withdraw-a-12-million-contract-extension-offer-to-anthony-watmough/story-fndv31ch-1227001998375

The last two paragraphs.....

"Like the team as a whole, Sea Eagles coach Geoff Toovey has put on a stoic front to conceal the toxicity beneath. Toovey, however, has not been immune form collateral damage.

Powerbrokers close to the disgruntled senior player group have recently challenged Toovey to justify the re-signings of younger forwards Jamie Buhrer, Tom Symonds, and Jesse Sene-Lefao in the absence of any offer to Glenn Stewart."

The picture they're trying to paint there is that the senior players attitude is stuff the future success of the club and the younger blokes coming through, that money should have been used to keep Gifty

I think you need to be careful in assuming who the cause of leaked information is. I haven't read through this entire thread and won't be because I enjoy the football not the drama or the circus.

However I would caution care for everyone in mentioning their assumptions here, extreme care!

HoldenV8 said:
Now this has come out.....Manly are apparently set to withdraw their $1.2 million offer to Choc. Apparently he's not happy the offer is for two years as he wants three to finish his career at Manly.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-are-poised-to-withdraw-a-12-million-contract-extension-offer-to-anthony-watmough/story-fndv31ch-1227001998375

The last two paragraphs.....

"Like the team as a whole, Sea Eagles coach Geoff Toovey has put on a stoic front to conceal the toxicity beneath. Toovey, however, has not been immune form collateral damage.

Powerbrokers close to the disgruntled senior player group have recently challenged Toovey to justify the re-signings of younger forwards Jamie Buhrer, Tom Symonds, and Jesse Sene-Lefao in the absence of any offer to Glenn Stewart."

The picture they're trying to paint there is that the senior players attitude is stuff the future success of the club and the younger blokes coming through, that money should have been used to keep Gifty

Not that I believe anything in the papers and with them creating watmough as the one with the issue with manly....you could have set your watch by the fact that 'manly withdraws offer from choc' was going to be their newest story. It was a toss up between him and brett....but choc's contract was up first.

The time is now half past don't listen to media crap.

Snake forced Manly into a 4 year extension last year when reasonably it was a 3 year deal.
Its part of the reason why all these numbers, along with the backended deals, are a challenge :cool:

The Senior Players were once the young Players themselves whose retention forced the incumbents out :sleepy:

Not a lot of love and gratitude from many players to Manly!

It was the Manly coaches (be it Hasler or Tooves or their assistants) in making them 'great'.
You need existing talent to develop greatness in a player. It appears many think that their 'greatness' comes only from their inner talent.

Found this on BroncosHQ:

vertigo said:
Yesterday 10:09 PM
Re: Round 20 - Broncos vs Storm - Post Match Discussion
Originally Posted by badyon
Only silver lining for next week is that Manly seem to be worse managed than the Broncs at present.
Manly could have their stadium burnt down, no coach, no fans and still turn up and put in a tough performance at the right time.

That's how we are viewed from outside the fishbowl.

manlyfan76 said:
Found this on BroncosHQ:

Manly could have their stadium burnt down, no coach, no fans and still turn up and put in a tough performance at the right time.

That's how we are viewed from outside the fishbowl.

:D

Brookie being burnt down, hmmm - giving Warringah Council ideas :p

@AnthonyWatmough 32m
Ok then... Manly are poised to withdraw a $1.2 million contract extension offer to Anthony Watmough http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-are-poised-to-withdraw-a-12-million-contract-extension-offer-to-anthony-watmough/story-fndv31ch-1227001998375 …

Choc is mulling over the lates DT story about him. :cool:

lovefooty said:
Sea Eagles Rock U said:
Don't know if anyone has posted this but I as at the Gold wings function Wednesday night. It was a great night except for 1 thing.
A rather rotund man with a mustache spent most of the night perched on a chair whispering to Snake, Choc and Skivvy. As you all keep stating on here it really looked like he was the puppeteer of all this.
Anyway aside from that, notable absentees were Perry and Gifty. The younger brigade seem to be extremely happy and probably see all this as an opportunity down the track.

I was there , I saw the < Deleted > in these players ears all night. It made me sick.
Perry was there I spoke to him. He came late after the board meeting .Gift was not. I asked where he was (gift) and got told he was resting his nee.

My apologies, I didn't see Dave Perry arrive from where I was. Considering I was sitting near the fat controller I am not surprised he didn't venture over my way. If Gift is still resting his knee (from attending a cocktail party :s) it doesn't seem like we will see him any time soon.

So Wednesday night Fat Greek is seen talking to Choc Snake and Matai and all of a sudden more stories are coming out of the Telecrap
Coincidence

Sea Eagles Rock U said:
If Gift is still resting his knee (from attending a cocktail party :s) it doesn't seem like we will see him any time soon.

I thought that Gifty had ankle issues :huh:

Wonder if his heart is in returning and playing with his mates again - or is his viewpoint that it would only help the Club that didn't respect him :-/

Dan said:
I think you need to be careful in assuming who the cause of leaked information is. I haven't read through this entire thread and won't be because I enjoy the football not the drama or the circus.

However I would caution care for everyone in mentioning their assumptions here, extreme care!
Good point Dan, posters beware.
Your enjoyment at spreading rumour may be short-lived if you were sued for defamation, not to mention the damage that could do to Silvertails!

http://m.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/manly-are-poised-to-withdraw-a-12-million-contract-extension-offer-to-anthony-watmough/story-e6frf3ru-1227001998375

Chocs contract in trouble now. Apparently.

Snake linked to the Raiders? Yeah....now why on earth would he leave a club where he has a better than average chance of winning more premierships to play with Ricky Stuart's team who are currently battling to avoid the wooden spoon? Even if he was upset at how his brother's contract negotiations played out.

"While Matai has said he had an offer from the Warriors, it has been unclear which clubs were interested in Brett Stewart and Watmough but Fairfax Media has been told by separate sources close to the Sea Eagles and Raiders that Canberra was ready to make a play for Stewart if he became available.
The Raiders are also believed to have signed former Sydney Roosters utility Iosia Soliola from St Helens and Hull KR hooker Josh Hodgson but are desperate for a quality fullback to replace Brisbane-bound star Anthony Milford, and coach Ricky Stewart has a relationship with Stewart from his time in charge of the NSW Origin team.

Geez....some journos will come up with anything for a story. But you seriously have to wonder when they can't even spell Sticky's name correctly.....

joeboy said:
It May sound ridiculous, and I've never done one before, but do we think the board would have a response if there was a 2000 member signed petition to get ripped of peters?
Not a good idea.
Firstly a member petition (like all petitions) is merely a begging to superiors to listen to underlings. There is no reason why a petition could force the Penns to do anything, if anything it is more likely to get them to dig their heels in.

Second, and worse, it would bring another dimension to this circus and would only further inflame the situation. Ever heard of scratching a fleabite until it becomes a festering sore?

Assumptions are not accusations of anything, merely a personal belief based on the limited information being published in the mass media :huh:

The conflicting Media articles are merely being commented on as they get published :cool:

Wonder if the Fairfax and the News Ltd papers get their facts checked prior to release ? As they often have diametrically opposed views. :cool:

The Information Age has resulted in mass confusion :dodgy:

The press can say ANYTHING, as long as they say " allegedly".

Perhaps it's time we should use the same word as well when commenting on who we think is guilty in all this.

We The Fans, are mushrooms Mark - we don't know who is attacking Manly internally :cool:

Externally we know that the other 15 Clubs are absolutely being helped by all these crises at our beloved Club :(

Its ironic, the Fans are the ones who pay for tickets, merchandise, cash drives for Players' and their Families' troubles - but we are the last ones considered :(

HoldenV8 said:
coach Ricky Stewart has a relationship with Stewart from his time in charge of the NSW Origin team.[/i]

Geez....some journos will come up with anything for a story. But you seriously have to wonder when they can't even spell Sticky's name correctly.....
True, that is a desperate journalist.
Is this going back to before the Jacobite uprising when some Stewart clans changed the spelling to Stuart to suit the French. Haha :)

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10