Supposed "Crisis at Manly" Megathread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
G
globaleagle said:
HoldenV8 said:
Now this has come out.....Manly are apparently set to withdraw their $1.2 million offer to Choc. Apparently he's not happy the offer is for two years as he wants three to finish his career at Manly.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-are-poised-to-withdraw-a-12-million-contract-extension-offer-to-anthony-watmough/story-fndv31ch-1227001998375

The last two paragraphs.....

"Like the team as a whole, Sea Eagles coach Geoff Toovey has put on a stoic front to conceal the toxicity beneath. Toovey, however, has not been immune form collateral damage.

Powerbrokers close to the disgruntled senior player group have recently challenged Toovey to justify the re-signings of younger forwards Jamie Buhrer, Tom Symonds, and Jesse Sene-Lefao in the absence of any offer to Glenn Stewart."

The picture they're trying to paint there is that the senior players attitude is stuff the future success of the club and the younger blokes coming through, that money should have been used to keep Gifty

Not that I believe anything in the papers and with them creating watmough as the one with the issue with manly....you could have set your watch by the fact that 'manly withdraws offer from choc' was going to be their newest story. It was a toss up between him and brett....but choc's contract was up first.

The time is now half past don't listen to media crap.
G'day all,"Powerbrokers close to the disgruntled player group"?Who's that then?Haven't heard of them before?Don't tell me the missus's are involved too!
cheers mike

I thought, WE, the members actually had a share of the Sea Eagles...how much do we share, anyone know???

Seems someone is telling porkies about Skivvies offer for next year. If he still wamts a release where is he going ??

However, the Warriors say they are no longer interested in Matai after being strongly linked to a four-year $650,000 per season offer for the 27-year-old former New Zealand Test centre.

It is believed the Warriors were approached three months ago and advised Matai that they would be interested if he wasn't under contract to Manly.

Since then, the Warriors have signed Canberra centre Matt Allwood and extended the contract of Konrad Hurrell, while NSW Origin forward Ryan Hoffman has also been recruited from Melbourne.

"The bottom line is that we are not chasing Steve at all," Warriors coach Andrew McFadden told New Zealand's Radio Sport.

"Earlier in the season when we were looking at all of our centre options, Steve was linked to us back then but since then we have signed Matt Allwood from Canberra and our current centres Ngani Laumape, Dane Neilsen and Konrad Hurrell are doing a good job."

Asked if Matai would be at the Warriors next season, McFadden said: "No, he won't be."

It is understood the Warriors were advised that Matai was unable to secure a release from Manly and thought that was the end of the matter, but the hard-running centre told Triple M after Monday night's match against St George Illawarra that he still wanted out next season.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/manly-sea-eagles-fullback-brett-stewart-linked-to-canberra-raiders-20140725-zwwvy.html#ixzz38WYedzJc

Frogz said:
I thought, WE, the members actually had a share of the Sea Eagles...how much do we share, anyone know???

The football club own about 15% of the MWSE entity from memory. But they do own the one very important preference share. Only members of the football club have a shareholding, not Sea Eagles ticketed members. That's why it's important to be a member of both.

Chip and Chase said:
Seems someone is telling porkies

"However, the Warriors say they are no longer interested in Matai after being strongly linked to a four-year $650,000 per season offer for the 27-year-old former New Zealand Test centre."

There's one for starters. According to wiki Steve was born 5 August 1984 meaning he's 29 and turns 30 in about a week from now. (Not that it matters, he's curently playing better than ever)

I'm glad manly signed Jesse, Tom and jamie. Doesn't mean I don't want the other blokes. We would have to question forward planning if management wasnt locking in younger blokes. Choc has another year, then wants 3 more??? It's like ponting's greed keeping him playing too long.

Chip and Chase said:
Seems someone is telling porkies about Skivvies offer for next year. If he still wamts a release where is he going ??

but the hard-running centre told Triple M after Monday night's match against St George Illawarra that he still wanted out next season.
Agree there's got to be a lot of truth stretching going on. The bottom journo comment is crap too. I was listening on Monday. Asked if he had asked for a release, Steve said, "Yeah mate." He did not say he still wanted out of the club.

B.Stewie leaving the Sea Eagles and the beaches to play for Canberra under Ricky Stuart??
Hahahahahaha!

Hypothetically then...as shareholders (members) what is our rights in calling for a no confidence motion against "someone" if we had numbers...Is there a minimum, under the constitution required, or is it we don't really have enough of a share to be heard/recognised.

These guys aren't playing cricket, they are playing rugby league. I don't know what the expectation is around being signed on contracts beyond 32 years.

Frogz said:
Hypothetically then...as shareholders (members) what is our rights in calling for a no confidence motion against "someone" if we had numbers...Is there a minimum, under the constitution required, or is it we don't really have enough of a share to be heard/recognised.

We vote in our own FC Board, who then nominate 2 reps on the Franchise Board. So we have no voting rights outside of this.

Neither do any of the 3 Ownership Boards in determining each others representatives on the Franchise .

I don't understand why a Private Company's confidential boardroom discussions are selectively dissected in the Media. But it has been like this at Manly since 2008 :cool:

Presumable it sells papers to the Manly Haters, so it will continue to be an irritant to Manly Fans.

COMMANDER said:
These guys aren't playing cricket, they are playing rugby league. I don't know what the expectation is around being signed on contracts beyond 32 years.

Ben Kennedy was 31 when he joined us in 2005 so players of that standing, including Choc, have a great deal to give. The latest "Contract to be withdrawn" headline is probably rubbish. Choc would be one player, like Beaver, where you could see him playing for years to come. But you are right that most of the elder players are pushing the limits of what the club would like.

There will never be complete harmony within the franchise board until one entity controls all the votes.

One side has tried hard buying the Leagues Club vote and trying to install a board of the FC sympathetic to their desires.

I think we are lucky for all reasons other than this media crap to have it the way it is .

Yes Mark think u may be right about the structure...Its just some of the idiots within the asylum that concern me.

The major concern @Frogz is not so much what they would do with that control , it's if one group ( from all involved) held 100% what happens if the parent company has financial issues . All of a sudden we go from dysfunction to basket cases.

The way it is IMO is perfect, take out maybe one board member and a fair bit of the angst goes away.

My big concern is our great CEO may well say " enough is enough" and head off for greener pastures.

G'day all,Didn't the great Beaver reject bigger offers to go elsewhere even though the club was probably at its lowest ebb?So this sacrificing better offers elsewhere to stay loyal is not solely the province of the current group.You could argue that his was a greater sacrifice as we were a basket case then,not the successful entity which we are now.
Didn't the great Beaver get pushed out the door even though he had sacrificed more money elsewhere,and still wanted to play on but our retention priorities where towards the future generation?
So whats happening now is not like it hasn't happened before,it's just a pity that it has become such an ugly public spectacle.
cheers mike

Question. Are DCE, Foz, Watmough & Matai all off contract at the end of next year? If Watmough & Matai stay on extended contracts, I can't see how we can possibly fit both foz & dce in, in 2016. Purely an opinion but I get the feeling that if watmough & matai stay, dce will go.

ManlyBacker said:
COMMANDER said:

Ben Kennedy was 31 when he joined us in 2005 so players of that standing, including Choc, have a great deal to give. The latest "Contract to be withdrawn" headline is probably rubbish. Choc would be one player, like Beaver, where you could see him playing for years to come. But you are right that most of the elder players are pushing the limits of what the club would like.

I'm sorry. Choc ain't no Beaver. On OR off the field.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10