Supposed "Crisis at Manly" Megathread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
fLIP said:
If Steve does end up getting his release and joining another side for next season than the NRL need to step in and dish out some fines/penalties. You just cant have another team putting financial pressure on players to push for a release mid contract. Unacceptable.

You can if you're the scumdogs,rorters or donkeys. They run the show.

Totally agree. So there is an offer on the table. What the hell is going on ? Sure let him leave if he wants to but surely the NRL needs to show some leadership here and do something about what is obviously a complete disregard of the rules . !!!
This whole business has just been a farce from day one and no club yes no club should influence contract players to leave and cause what has obviously been a huge distraction to this great club. !! Enough is Enough. The Warriors should be heavily fined over this !!

Zero Tackle suggests extension deal close for Skivvy / Choc, perhaps this has all just been the players and managers talking the price up?

mike walker said:
lovefooty said:
weev said:
niccipops said:
fLIP said:
I think the mouth is Joey tbh. doesnt surprise me that matt johns keeps poping up along side all these new tid bits of info.
I don't really think that Joey would know much about what's going on in this case. He's said he just goes in a couple of times a week to work with the halves.
It would not be smart to leak any contractual info to someone with so many media commitments, especially someone that waffles on a lot and speculates about everything.

Someone who 'goes in a couple of time a week and works with the halves'.

That's more than the journos but less than the full time staff. This makes him a PRIME candidate.

Let me repeat this... 'and works with the halves'...

Come on. He's a big mouth, right... as you say, 'especially someone that waffles on a lot and speculates about everything'.

Crikey.

Everyone stop wasting time on who is doing all of the leaking. It is the bloke who is close to the Stewarts and plays cards with them . He has used them to attack board members before. He will wreck the club to bring down Perry and the club to get vengeance for being punted.
He is a narcissist who will not stop until he gets his own way, using who ever he can.
EDITED.
G'day all,If it is as you say Lovefooty, what is his hold over the Stewarts then?Surely they can see that he is bitter and holding a grudge so why would they go along with him?
cheers mike

Zorba is in business with Barry Stewart (Brett & Glenns Father) and is very close to the family. That's the connection.

HappilyManly said:
DY Rockpool on Manly's rest day :angel:
http://instagram.com/p/omsbyws5KL/?modal=true

The echidna was there and didn't even call that pass forward!!!!

delz said:
Totally agree. So there is an offer on the table. What the hell is going on ? Sure let him leave if he wants to but surely the NRL needs to show some leadership here and do something about what is obviously a complete disregard of the rules . !!!
This whole business has just been a farce from day one and no club yes no club should influence contract players to leave and cause what has obviously been a huge distraction to this great club. !! Enough is Enough. The Warriors should be heavily fined over this !!

I say it again - why would the club willingly release the best left centre in the game when they have him under contract? Are people insane?

Kevinward777 said:
All good...Hiku to centre and Gutherson to the wing. More money in the retention kitty which will be needed for our halves.
Agree KevinW, but some, maybe many would argue that the Matai cap $ should go to Gifty to retain him. Gifty could easily request a release from his Wabbits contract, and re-sign with Manly. Trouble is think there are significant groups within club management who dont WANT Gifty back at any price. Too old, too injury prone and allied to Zorba.

Gifty hasn't played since April. His time at Manly is past :cool:

We have Blair, Hiku, Satini, Hodges to step up.

Someone in Auckland please make sure that Matai is on the return flight :)

HappilyManly said:

Awesome. Bring on them premierships :s

Shoe1 said:
delz said:

I say it again - why would the club willingly release the best left centre in the game when they have him under contract? Are people insane?

Same reason they wouldn't make an offer to keep one of the best back rowers in the clubs history I guess.

bones said:
HappilyManly said:

Awesome. Bring on them premierships :s

Shoe1 said:
delz said:

Same reason they wouldn't make an offer to keep one of the best back rowers in the clubs history I guess.

true enough!

Just a question, does anyone know how much Gift is getting at Souths I haven't read it anywhere? Also maybe Gift and his manager priced themselves way above what Manly could afford with its salary cap issues as negotiations went on for a while and in the end no offer was made.

Roger said:
Just a question, does anyone know how much Gift is getting at Souths I haven't read it anywhere? Also maybe Gift and his manager priced themselves way above what Manly could afford with its salary cap issues as negotiations went on for a while and in the end no offer was made.
At Manly, Glenn Stewart was on a back ended contract that has him playing for north of $800,000 this season. Souths wouldn’t have matched that but there’s no doubt he’d be arriving on big money - probably somewhere in the $600,000 ball park. In the main the Rabbitohs would be funding that using the Sam Burgess kitty. Burgess is one of the Rabbitohs’ highest paid players, so his departure frees up a substantial chunk of the salary cap.

Even Max has had enough of EDITED and his media circus bringing Manly down. The club should ban him from Brookie oval.

Delmege goes full max to oust 'germ'

Not so happy about the news of drama at Manly was former owner Max Delmege. He went at Channel 9's Danny Weidler after word broke Anthony Watmough and Brett Stewart wanted out of Brookvale, asking the reporter via Twitter: "Where do you get your dribble from?" Maxy then followed up with: "When will that germ stop spreading rumours about Manly. Support our club and players not try to get them to gang up and stir trouble. Go away." He has other shots as well. He did clarify that he wasn't referring to Weidler as a 'germ' but that there was a 'certain germ within our club'. The bloke in Delmege's sights is yet to respond but we'll let you know if he does. It would be quite an explosion.

Max Delmege @maxsam44

When will that germ stop spreading rumours about Manly. Support our club and players not try to get them to gang up and stir trouble.Go away

Max Delmege @maxsam44

If we DO NOT rid of the disease we will forever be in the media. It's a shame that a GRUB keeps trying to bring OUR business into media.

http://www.sportal.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/nrl-round-20-the-final-rev-up/1xgzpfloluyof1oj1ch9n7mbqg

tookey said:
Even Max has had enough of EDITED and his media circus bringing Manly down. The club should ban him from Brookie oval.

Delmege goes full max to oust 'germ'

Not so happy about the news of drama at Manly was former owner Max Delmege. He went at Channel 9's Danny Weidler after word broke Anthony Watmough and Brett Stewart wanted out of Brookvale, asking the reporter via Twitter: "Where do you get your dribble from?" Maxy then followed up with: "When will that germ stop spreading rumours about Manly. Support our club and players not try to get them to gang up and stir trouble. Go away." He has other shots as well. He did clarify that he wasn't referring to Weidler as a 'germ' but that there was a 'certain germ within our club'. The bloke in Delmege's sights is yet to respond but we'll let you know if he does. It would be quite an explosion.
Max Delmege @maxsam44

When will that germ stop spreading rumours about Manly. Support our club and players not try to get them to gang up and stir trouble.Go away

Max Delmege @maxsam44

He also tweeted:
There are issues at all clubs but Manly have a portley person who releases info on any issue to his media mates!To get financial gain
If we DO NOT rid of the disease we will forever be in the media. It's a shame that a GRUB keeps trying to bring OUR business into media.

http://www.sportal.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/nrl-round-20-the-final-rev-up/1xgzpfloluyof1oj1ch9n7mbqg

Classic pic of Jamie and matai laughing in the carpark up on news.com.au sport just now. Jamie saying he "selfishly" wants to keep Stevie! Good stuff Jamie taking the heat out of the debate.

Max also tweeted:

There are issues at all clubs but Manly have a portley person who releases info on any issue to his media mates!To get financial gain

Gotta love Max!

Harry said:
Roger said:
At Manly, Glenn Stewart was on a back ended contract that has him playing for north of $800,000 this season. Souths wouldn’t have matched that but there’s no doubt he’d be arriving on big money - probably somewhere in the $600,000 ball park. In the main the Rabbitohs would be funding that using the Sam Burgess kitty. Burgess is one of the Rabbitohs’ highest paid players, so his departure frees up a substantial chunk of the salary cap.

This is what im getting at, there has been nothing I have found which says anything about money and you like me is just assuming how much he must be getting, maybe he and his manager valved themselves out of Manlys financial reach

I think it's pretty clear that Gifty was not released due to salary cap restraints. The club made a decision to let him go having weighed up his market value vs on field return...he has been a little underdone and injury prone for a couple of years now, but other clubs are still prepared to pay big $$$ for him, which bumps up his market value. They've deemed him to be not worth the money.

I also think that the club are probably weary of having too many of the senior group retire at once. Sooner or later, the older heads will have to make way for the younger crop to come through. Unfortunately, Gifty was the first to make way.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10