Shaun "Exit" Lane mega thread.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He was great. Has that knack of running the right lines and has a good offload on him. Most surprisingly postive aspect of his game yesterday was his defence. A few intercepts coming his way showed his ability to read the attack.

Maybe he is the x factor, the ace up baz's sleeves and he has been prepared for back of season. Meanwhile poo isnt really injured, rather told he was not getting any more game time, time is up poo but well just say its an injury. That's what I'm hoping anyway because I think lane is our x factor

A little know fact is that he was originally calling his sister ugly in his "Poetics" and meant to write "Your face looks like a Cat's arse sis." But accidentally wrote "Catharsis" due to him having a slight lisp and enduring a heavy night's drinking previously.

Embarrassed about his lack of erasures (rubbers...teehee) in his household and fear of missing his annoying editor's deadline, Aristotle decided to make up a new greek word, claim it related to a new psychological and emotional response and also managed to get out of his sister's bad books.

True.

My goodness ge, that is by far the most witty, humorous, and intelligent thing people will read today.

signed: "Not ge."

I was really impressed with him last night.

I've watched the reserve grade. And he clearly has a problem with attitude.

But if he can put in performance like that he'll keep his spot.

Think brown is the best utility we have.

Only 2 props on the bench last night wasn't enough.

I agree, and as much as we don't like it, Brown fits the utility role, as he can cover for most positions if we get desperate, without the need to shuffle the team around. Poo reminds me of duck tape, a temporary fix to get us through the game.
Get your facts right !!!
No duck tape . Its fragile masking tape
No temporary fix . Its a temporary fuk up
imagesXSE72BRV.jpg

Speaking of Lindsey Drake, the former Manly mobile back rower, just reminds me of a seemingly regular trend of quite a number of well rated and performing Sea Eagles players , who once going to other clubs just never seemed to produce consistently their previous playing level at Manly. John Harvey was another { sorry Harvies elbow and no offence ] and the trend seemed to extend over the era"s and even to recent times and for what ever reason and circumstance.

I've watched the reserve grade. And he clearly has a problem with attitude.
The intriguing aspect of this diagnosis is that he could not have been taking any shortcuts in fitness training. He did a mountain of work and never looked flustered or under the pump, and even in the 80th minute had the energy to make a fast 50m sprint from an intercept.

The intriguing aspect of this diagnosis is that he could not have been taking any shortcuts in fitness training. He did a mountain of work and never looked flustered or under the pump, and even in the 80th minute had the energy to make a fast 50m sprint from an intercept.

Oh dont get me wrong. He had a great performance for the full 80.

And deserves in my view to start this week as well and take Siros role till he gets back.

I'm just saying he wasn't screaming for selection. You could say the Blacktown team isn't as good. But most of the plays he did were individual ( set up the try, great defence, intercept. )

Maybe he's the type of guy who needs a little be more motivation. Who knows

Shaun Lane makes the Team of The Week! (NRL.com)

12. Shaun Lane

Starting for the first time in more than 12 months, Lane's giant frame was an imposing presence on Manly's right edge, his one-handed offload to Tom Trbojevic helping to get the Sea Eagles back within four points. Played the entire 80 minutes and made 157m and 39 tackles to go with his try assist.

Has been given two chances in 1st Grade this year (first one very limited mins) and has done a very good job on both occassions. Reggie form shouldnt form part of the conversation until we see this supposed poor attidude come out at NRL level. Looking forward to see how he goes next week. I was impressed with his speed and agilty for a big bloke. Couple of low diving tackles in the 39 he made. Could be a real good thing, could be hype. Hopefully Baz gives him another 80 mins against the tigs.

Speaking of Lindsey Drake, the former Manly mobile back rower, just reminds me of a seemingly regular trend of quite a number of well rated and performing Sea Eagles players , who once going to other clubs just never seemed to produce consistently their previous playing level at Manly. John Harvey was another { sorry Harvies elbow and no offence ] and the trend seemed to extend over the era"s and even to recent times and for what ever reason and circumstance.
Gutherson being the exception

He looked great out there. Hopefully he keeps producing the numbers like he did last week. Excited to see where Baz goes with three legitimately good options in the back row.

If Lane continues to play well then we might not even need to go looking for another back rower. Use that cash for depth, Klemmer or keep the current squad here at Manly. They've done that good of a job that we don't need anyone else to win a premiership.

A little know fact is that he was originally calling his sister ugly in his "Poetics" works and meant to write "Your face looks like a Cat's arse sis." But accidentally wrote "Catharsis" due to him having a slight lisp and enduring a heavy night's drinking previously.

Embarrassed about his lack of erasures (rubbers...teehee) in his household and fear of missing his annoying editor's deadline, Aristotle decided to make up a new greek word, claim it related to a new psychological and emotional response and also avoided getting into his sister's bad books.

True.

A lady at work raided the stationery cupboard while the stationery Nazi was away last week; she walked back past my desk to show off her loot - rubbers and batteries. I said "Jeebus, Wendy, you're in for a good afternoon!" @:blush:

Was that Lane's first ever match starting in NRL? Pretty sure he came off the bench in his handful of Dogs appearances.

Was that Lane's first ever match starting in NRL? Pretty sure he came off the bench in his handful of Dogs appearances.
In his debut season with the dogs where he was named rookie of the year Lane made 14 powerhouse NRL appearances at the age of 20
Lane has size speed power and skill !!!
1459406993749.jpg

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8