Shaun "Exit" Lane mega thread.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Speaking of Lindsey Drake, the former Manly mobile back rower, just reminds me of a seemingly regular trend of quite a number of well rated and performing Sea Eagles players , who once going to other clubs just never seemed to produce consistently their previous playing level at Manly. John Harvey was another { sorry Harvies elbow and no offence ] and the trend seemed to extend over the era"s and even to recent times and for what ever reason and circumstance.
Harvey went well at the Goosters, after a broken arm in 1979(?). From 1980 onwards, he was one of their best forwards, until he did a 'Duck' and returned home.

He has played one full game for us this year. But dam, Lane on an edge has the potential to take our team to a whole new level. A Premiership winning level.
After that game it's hard not to imagine him looking down from a height and popping balls at will to Walker and Turbo, creating ruination devastation (and catastrophe) for opposing defences. Time will tell I suppose, maybe we all just imagined that performance?

He's got my vote for another run. Would be interesting to see how he polled on MOM numbers for that last effort, am sure many would have had him in their top 3.

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2017/07/13/lane_looks_to_cement.html

Wayne Cousins

Shaun Lane loved every moment of being an ’80 minute’ player against Penrith last Saturday night.

Promoted into the starting team after originally being named on the interchange bench, Lane produced an impressive performance in just his second career game for the Sea Eagles after applying his trade for Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles throughout the season.

Lane used his giant frame to run 157 metres and make 39 tackles, as well as producing a superb one handed offload for Tom Trbojevic to score in the loss to Penrith.

Can you imagine the size of our pack if Tent ever gets promoted to the top 17? He's at least as tall as Penny and much more solid.

Thought he was our best in the first half but went missing a bit in the second.

Certainly was trying hard and his defence was the most impressive part.

Gonna be hard to ever compete with a combo like watmough and stewart.

The real question is who has more heart? Jai Mullane and Albert Torrens or ... **** it... we know the answer.

Come on guys - we've seen both Lane and Winterstein have absolute blinders at times as well. For some reason, across the board, intensity, energy and effort is lacking or has at least tapered off.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10