Shaun "Exit" Lane mega thread.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
wont be surprised if Poo gets parachuted into the side in a few weeks regardless of what LANE does.

lets hope not but stranger thing s have happened....

Full Strength:

08. Brenton Lawrence
09. Api Koroisou
10. Marty Taupau
11. Frank Winterstein
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. UTILITY
15. Addin Fanua-Blake
16. Lloyd Perrett
17. Shaun Lane

Beast !!

Oh wait...ffs...Darcy Lussick hahahaha.
Depth
I don't think we need a utility anymore, although Cullen was good. Lussick has been great and did brilliantly replacing jakes awesome defence tonight so he needs to be in the side, as does Lane after that blinder. I think although useful a utility is not necessary when we consider the other options (lane covers second row, lussick covers prop and lock)

He had a really good game. I was more impressed with his defence than anything. He helped keep the dangerous Penrith left edge at bay.
He actually pulled off a number of old school around the boot laces tackle on forwards punching through the middle. Impressive

Can't agree with that. What if Api gets hurt in the opening minutes? Without a competent back-up it's just about game over.
yea definitely - it's all well and good to have 4 fresh big men on the bench but when your winger goes down in the opening 5 min with a hammie there's got to be a backup plan that doesn't involve playing every man and his dog out of position for the next 75 min

How does Lewis Brown get a run in front of this guy.
I'm certain brown's got photos of someone.

I reckon they think Brown has more utility value (in case of injuries) which I would think that'd be right, and

Lane is just catching up on systems and plays (etc.)

Posters on here also say he hasn't done too much in the reserves. It seems as if he fires up in firsts though!

dunno

Can't agree with that. What if Api gets hurt in the opening minutes? Without a competent back-up it's just about game over.
Yeah I guess, although it's bloody hard to fit everyone in this side which is good to see

I agree, and as much as we don't like it, Brown fits the utility role, as he can cover for most positions if we get desperate, without the need to shuffle the team around. Poo reminds me of duck tape, a temporary fix to get us through the game.

I reckon they think Brown has more utility value (in case of injuries) which I would think that'd be right, and

Lane is just catching up on systems and plays (etc.)

Posters on here also say he hasn't done too much in the reserves. It seems as if he fires up in firsts though!

dunno
Ive watched a bit of reggies and its true seemed a little lack lustre but always a handfull with the ball.

Last night he showed he is actually pretty fit to play 80 mins and make plenty of tackles. Guy can seriously develop into a great player if he continues to improve under baz. He is only 21 or 22

Ive watched a bit of reggies and its true seemed a little lack lustre but always a handfull with the ball.

Last night he showed he is actually pretty fit to play 80 mins and make plenty of tackles. Guy can seriously develop into a great player if he continues to improve under baz. He is only 21 or 22

Imagine if he proportionately had marty's size on his 6'6" frame?!?!?!?!

No need for a thread. I've said it all along. This kid is a beast in 1st grade.
Different things motivate different personalities. With Lane, when he is supported and given opportunity, he excels.

it makes you wonder, has not put any pressure on the coach to get picked until injury helps him, how long can he play well, it is obviously all mental.

Agree Ryan. Playing 1st grade lifts him and playing reggies deflates him.

And there lies the rub ... One would expect that a first grade footballer was capable of motivating himself.

Let's hope that the kid has had a cathartic experience and last night becomes the new norm.

PSs @globaleagle the first record of the use of the metaphor catharsis is by old mate stotle.

And there lies the rub ... One would expect that a first grade footballer was capable of motivating himself.

Let's hope that the kid has had a cathartic experience and last night becomes the new norm.

PSs @globaleagle the first record of the use of the metaphor catharsis is by old mate stotle.

A little know fact is that he was originally calling his sister ugly in his "Poetics" works and meant to write "Your face looks like a Cat's arse sis." But accidentally wrote "Catharsis" due to him having a slight lisp and enduring a heavy night's drinking previously.

Embarrassed about his lack of erasures (rubbers...teehee) in his household and fear of missing his annoying editor's deadline, Aristotle decided to make up a new greek word, claim it related to a new psychological and emotional response and also avoided getting into his sister's bad books.

True.

Lane with more game time could become a great ball playing backrower. Reminds me abit of 2011 , our regies got smoked but we still called on a few of their best to get us home . Or was that 08 ?

Lane has the Size the Speed and the Skills to turn into a great Sea eagle
Triple S ratings
size-matters-2-7-12.jpg

He did a few things last night that will make his all important youtube highlights reel.

Cant ask for much more than that, really.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12