[Resurrected] SACK Des Hasler!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Who needs to be "washed" away?

Honestly, I'd be okay with the following leaving:

Confirmed to already be going: Walker, Foran
Players who should go (unsigned): Boyle, Taufua, Taupau
Players who are in top 30 for no reason: Roumanos, Sykes
Players the club should move on from: Fainu, Harper, Parker, Croker, DCE, KDL, (one of Garrick / Tuipulotu / Saab)
Players who need a much lower contract: Jake, Schuster
I'd also try and get out of the Tuilagi deal - he's more of the same - plod.

Caps going up.

Whatever space these make, re-tool the roster with modern day type players.

hahahahahaha, sack the coach..Why..??? you all carry on like this is a Grand final winning team and he can't coach, they are a mediocre team as seen last year , nothing more nothing less, we couldn't beat the top teams last year and won't this year...

So what's your plan then? Do nothing? Wait the additional 4 years from now until DCE retires? Do you have an idea of what can be done?

We look dreadful,

He needs to publicly lay down a challenge to the players in tonight’s presser. What he is doing is not working a public call out may result in a public response from the players

We look horribly off the pace. And unfit. 2 things I never would have said for a Hasler team, we look bereft of ideas and just not coached at all.

YES, Buy forwards with balls, we have Drop bear Marty and a bunch of gnomes who get run over every game..

Yup, that's true. We need explosive forwards, not slow, lumbering types (Taupau, Aloiai, Keppie, Jake, Tuilagi, Schuster, Sipley) - honestly, we are the slowest team in the league (and statistically the slowest play-the-ball team in the league).

Easier said than done though.

So what's your plan then? Do nothing? Wait the additional 4 years from now until DCE retires? Do you have an idea of what can be done?
The plan is to take a chill pill. Come round 20 if we still look like complete no hopers etc than talk about serious changes etc. As far as coaches go we probably have the best coach that would actually coach our club atm. Gee based upon your tolerance for failure Kevin walters would have been punted by the broncos aeons ago. Now he is a world beater.

The plan is to take a chill pill. Come round 20 if we still look like complete no hopers etc than talk about serious changes etc. As far as coaches go we probably have the best coach that would actually coach our club atm. Gee based upon your tolerance for failure Kevin walters would have been punted by the broncos aeons ago. Now he is a world beater.

Who's saying anything about Walters? He's a plonker. I do think bringing Ben Ikin in as the head of football has made a difference for them. The Broncos saw a deficiency, and addressed it. We should be doing the same.

And I'm more worried about Hasler, than outside comparisons. There's one of two things happening. Either he's got a great gameplan, but the players aren't buying in and executing, or he's got a **** gameplan, and he just sucks.

He needs help.

This jobs for the boys isn't working.

Yup, that's true. We need explosive forwards, not slow, lumbering types (Taupau, Aloiai, Keppie, Jake, Tuilagi, Schuster, Sipley) - honestly, we are the slowest team in the league (and statistically the slowest play-the-ball team in the league).

Easier said than done though.
And the forwards that we have are very reminiscent of Des's tenure at the dogs....

Problem is Des has the media in his pocket he plays the weirdo creepy uncle and I think it intimidates them. When was the last time the media tore into Des? If this was Madge or Arthur coaching this crap it would be a full show on nrl360 but come Monday it will just be about how great the broncs were and no critique of Des and the way he has this team performing.

Admire the loyalty and positivity, the structures have been horrible and that’s on Des..

Des is off the pace not only with defensive structures but the attack and energy in the squad is disappointing to watch.

To me and this only from a outsiders point of view des to me seems very much like Leon Cameron from GWS.

Leon has been at the helm for over 10 years and this year has not been able to get anything out of the squad, he has known that his time was up, club needed a change.

I feel des has come here and is still going of his previously good record with us. I genuinely think while he has the desire and manly best interests at heart his coaching is not up to scratch and is not the best fit going forward.

I want des to succeed and us to be back where we belong as a club but right now I think the des experiment has failed and no one at the club will admit it.

Last edited:
The broncos taught u
Admire the loyalty and positivity, the structures have been horrible and that’s on Des..

Des is off the pace not only with defensive structures but the attack and energy in the squad is disappointing to watch.
maybe you are right but I am going to give it some more time. If we start winning again which is very possible a lot of naysayers will be posting in des we trust posts again. Each to the own but I am not getting on the neurotic roller coaster in a hurry. For those that are enjoy the ride 😀

I do not think we need a change yet but if we do please o please go for someone like Mona’s.

As a club we do not seem to work without coming from within. I wish it was otherwise but it never really has beeb

Problem is Des has the media in his pocket he plays the weirdo creepy uncle and I think it intimidates them. When was the last time the media tore into Des? If this was Madge or Arthur coaching this crap it would be a full show on nrl360 but come Monday it will just be about how great the broncs were and no critique of Des and the way he has this team performing.
You don’t recall the media questioning Des last year when they were 0-4?Since that time Manly have won 22 games out of 33,so no need to put pressure on him

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8