[Resurrected] SACK Des Hasler!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Not sure that was why Des was punted from the doggies. I suspect they now would look back and regret it. They have just come off their worst season in living memory. Des is certainly not perfect but he is a lot better than the alternatives etc. I doubt we could attract a better coach atm.
Des was sacked on a results, in a results driven business, you don’t perform you’re one.

He turned that Dogs team into a predictable bunch that offered nothing in attack,

Des should be sacked for destroying Jake Trbojevic as a football player alone - let alone the fact he continues to start the likes of Harper, Croker and Parker and leaves genuinely good players like Paseka and Lawton on the bench for most of the game. Any coach that picks favourites like he does should be under way more pressure than he is

Des should be sacked for destroying Jake Trbojevic as a football player alone - let alone the fact he continues to start the likes of Harper, Croker and Parker and leaves genuinely good players like Paseka and Lawton on the bench for most of the game. Any coach that picks favourites like he does should be under way more pressure than he is

Imagine you were ACTUALLY Jake, and posting this out of frustration @;)
Remember a few weeks ago an article about the players being angry with the way their coach managed their bench, and ruined some players.

Anyways, hope your recovery goes well this week mate, and good luck next weekend.

Maybe Des went full mystic shaman & told the boys they had to find their own way of winning to unlock the level where he starts giving them a game plan?

At the time we signed Des to come back Maguire declined to coach Manly.
There isn’t much talent out there and I’m glad Maguire never never got to coach Manly.

We lost the first 2 games to teams expected to fight out for the premiership and just beat an average team in crap conditions.
In 6 months we should be talking about our run to the grand final, I think they will turn it around in a similar fashion to 2021.

when Des lost the ball at the start and then when he gave away that six again, not long after giving away a penalty, before loosing the ball again....Oh wait, that wasn't Des..!!!!
Oh, makes sense. So actually, we don't need to waste money on a coach at all. Clearly they don't do anything that impacts what players do on the field.

Catch,pass , tackle,run hard should all Be a given at NRL level
Those skills you pointed out are programmed in motor memory for a professional league player. Basic skills in any sport are effected by stress/pressure. The issue is not the skillset.

Deja vu folks. We went through this last year for four rounds.

We played two of the four best teams and will learn from it. There’s already small signs of improvement in both attack and defence.

Deja vu folks. We went through this last year for four rounds.

We played two of the four best teams and will learn from it. There’s already small signs of improvement in both attack and defence.
Agreed.

I think the angst is more to do with the lack of apparent improvement on last year. It does appear as if the team has gone backwards and hasn't shown anything yet to suggest they are moving towards the next step of being competitive with the best teams. At this point, it does appear more like rinse and repeat at best.

Des was sacked on a results, in a results driven business, you don’t perform you’re one.

He turned that Dogs team into a predictable bunch that offered nothing in attack,
I think there was also quite a bit of internal politics involved as well. Anyway if you don’t like Des who do you think we should replace him with? I mean someone we could realistically bring to the club so this obviously does not include Bellamy or Wayne Bennett. I think it is ironic that the dogs have ended up with Barrett.

when Des lost the ball at the start and then when he gave away that six again, not long after giving away a penalty, before loosing the ball again....Oh wait, that wasn't Des..!!!!
Spot on - does Des offload on the first tackle - does Des throw stupid passes? Does Des miss the tackles? Not kick the ball out from a penalty? Yes Des needs to put a broom up a few arses. That is for sure.

Spot on - does Des offload on the first tackle - does Des throw stupid passes? Does Des miss the tackles? Not kick the ball out from a penalty? Yes Des needs to put a broom up a few arses. That is for sure.
Does Des keep picking the same players each week when they perform this way? Does Des put in the right consequences to correct the poor performances? I'm not one wanting to sack Des (at least not at this stage), but ultimately, it's his job to deal with this and do what he can to get the performances he aspires to for his team.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10