[Resurrected] SACK Des Hasler!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
While you're backing his judgment, can you tell him to learn from his mistakes? Chasing our tails, and making the same mistakes exactly the same way as he did last season isn't progression. His own players are stating our game systems haven't adapted like the good teams. What's that tell you?

This is why he got the can from the Dogs. Inability to stay ahead of the game and make required changes and adapt to the opposition.

Make no mistake mate, we have a roster that should be able to beat top 4 teams. Quality wise, we are great. That's why we acquired nobody last off season.
but its not just the coach is it? As good as any coach is the players have to believe as well.

Now I'm not saying Des has lost the dressing room but do you really think Des told Keppie to throw that offload in the first set in a monsoon? NO! Do you think he told Morgan to swap his hands for feet? NO?

I feel the game has again changed and our boys are trying to understand that last year has gone. Regardless of not beating top 4 sides, we made footy look so easy last year under the speed of the game. the NRL has effectively put the brakes on the comp to stop the blowouts and it's working.

We will come good. we won't be winning by 50+ each week but our coach and our players will click and come September many on here will be again made to look foolish thinking the sky had fallen in after 2 rounds.

Does Des keep picking the same players each week when they perform this way? Does Des put in the right consequences to correct the poor performances? I'm not one wanting to sack Des (at least not at this stage), but ultimately, it's his job to deal with this and do what he can to get the performances he aspires to for his team.
who are you talking about? Koula for Harper? What happens when Des does drop Koula into the NRL proper and his first few games are rubbish against the panthers or rooters or bunnies? The silvertail community turns against the kid as it like to do and his confidence is shot.

Very rarely does Des just drop a kid into a side that's struggling. I think that's more to protect the player in question than to hamper the team.

When the team has the class around said young player Des has no problem putting them in but not when the heads are down and the team moral is low.

Look at the great Hoppa saga of 2020. He was the next big thing. he's got to be selected. he's a gun that will change the world. Why wont Des pick him? BECAUSE HE WASNT READY FOT NRL! once he got a run everyone saw it and went OH Yeah!

where is he now? cant even get a run at Canberra.

I think there was also quite a bit of internal politics involved as well. Anyway if you don’t like Des who do you think we should replace him with? I mean someone we could realistically bring to the club so this obviously does not include Bellamy or Wayne Bennett. I think it is ironic that the dogs have ended up with Barrett.
I don’t dislike Des as I don’t know him, what stands out to me is that Des is off the pace with Robinson and Bellamy by a significant margin.

Robinson and Bellamy hold their players accountable to form, Crichton benched after a big win due to his form, Des stands by past results which is where the team are.

IMO Des is not in the top echelon of coaches in the game now, Cameron Ciraldo would be my pick.

who are you talking about? Koula for Harper? What happens when Des does drop Koula into the NRL proper and his first few games are rubbish against the panthers or rooters or bunnies? The silvertail community turns against the kid as it like to do and his confidence is shot.

Very rarely does Des just drop a kid into a side that's struggling. I think that's more to protect the player in question than to hamper the team.

When the team has the class around said young player Des has no problem putting them in but not when the heads are down and the team moral is low.

Look at the great Hoppa saga of 2020. He was the next big thing. he's got to be selected. he's a gun that will change the world. Why wont Des pick him? BECAUSE HE WASNT READY FOT NRL! once he got a run everyone saw it and went OH Yeah!

where is he now? cant even get a run at Canberra.
No, I wasn't actually advocating any specific player changes, EoL. My point was much broader and perhaps more philosophical. I'm more interested to see how Des deals with the challenges he and the team faces? Whether it's players not executing what he wants or whether it's game plans that are not working for the team he has, or combination of both, I don't know (as I'm sure many here don't).

I'm interested to see how Des responds to the challenge. What does Des need to do to get the results he wants? I would assume he's not getting the results he wishes yet (though again, I can only speculate on that). Is that a player change? Change in team playing style? Change in preparation? Change in team culture? ??? At the end of the day, he is in a position to find solutions more so than you and I. He has that power and that responsibility.

I was responding to posts that were suggesting it's not Dessie's responsibility and players just simply have to do A and B... you know, like they haven't trained those basic skills as professional footy players into muscle memory yet /S.

No, I wasn't actually advocating any specific player changes, EoL. My point was much broader and perhaps more philosophical. I'm more interested to see how Des deals with the challenges he and the team faces? Whether it's players not executing what he wants or whether it's game plans that are not working for the team he has, or combination of both, I don't know (as I'm sure many here don't).

I'm interested to see how Des responds to the challenge. What does Des need to do to get the results he wants? I would assume he's not getting the results he wishes yet (though again, I can only speculate on that). Is that a player change? Change in team playing style? Change in preparation? Change in team culture? ??? At the end of the day, he is in a position to find solutions more so than you and I. He has that power and that responsibility.

I was responding to posts that were suggesting it's not Dessie's responsibility and players just simply have to do A and B... you know, like they haven't trained those basic skills as professional footy players into muscle memory yet /S.
Not sure if you listen to the 'Bloke in a Bar' podcast at all but some very interesting deep dive numbers by a guy on there self titled the 'guru'. Its this weeks round review about 25 min in after all the want and waffle.

It sort of shows just how much the NRL is manipulating the comp to derive an outcome this year. I think our boys expected to pick up from where they left off and keep playing the same brand of footy but arnt being allowed to by the slowdown in play.

Des and the players will come good and sort out the issues before long. Just about adapting which I believe this team can and will do shortly.

Look at the ladder and see just how its effecting the comp. How many on here had the cowboys and knights in the top 5? It will come back to a normality soon and we will fly again.

Not sure if you listen to the 'Bloke in a Bar' podcast at all but some very interesting deep dive numbers by a guy on there self titled the 'guru'. Its this weeks round review about 25 min in after all the want and waffle.

It sort of shows just how much the NRL is manipulating the comp to derive an outcome this year. I think our boys expected to pick up from where they left off and keep playing the same brand of footy but arnt being allowed to by the slowdown in play.

Des and the players will come good and sort out the issues before long. Just about adapting which I believe this team can and will do shortly.
No, don't listen to podcasts generally, but will have a look. Thankyou.

It seems obvious, at least through these first few rounds, that the NRL has manipulated the product again to slow it down and bring scores closer. And I agree that given our recruitment (or lack of) we were ready to continue as we were and work on tweaking and improving in the same vein that brought success last season. It's quite disappointing and we are probably quite unlucky with the change (though we did cash in on last year's tweak).

Yes, it's all in the challenge to adapt. We seem to be quite behind most at this point but expect we will only improve as the season goes on.

No, don't listen to podcasts generally, but will have a look. Thankyou.

It seems obvious, at least through these first few rounds, that the NRL has manipulated the product again to slow it down and bring scores closer. And I agree that given our recruitment (or lack of) we were ready to continue as we were and work on tweaking and improving in the same vein that brought success last season. It's quite disappointing and we are probably quite unlucky with the change (though we did cash in on last year's tweak).

Yes, it's all in the challenge to adapt. We seem to be quite behind most at this point but expect we will only improve as the season goes on.
I think the slow adaption time is because we played such an uptempo valandryball style of play. We were one of the sides that liked the 6 again rule and how it was used.

I also think we miss the shoe a hell of a lot his mere presence on that left edge opens up so much space on the left. Even to a point of dragging an extra defender over from right to cover.

At the time we signed Des to come back Maguire declined to coach Manly.
There isn’t much talent out there and I’m glad Maguire never never got to coach Manly.

We lost the first 2 games to teams expected to fight out for the premiership and just beat an average team in crap conditions.
In 6 months we should be talking about our run to the grand final, I think they will turn it around in a similar fashion to 2021.
Hope you're right old mate 👍

but its not just the coach is it? As good as any coach is the players have to believe as well.

Now I'm not saying Des has lost the dressing room but do you really think Des told Keppie to throw that offload in the first set in a monsoon? NO! Do you think he told Morgan to swap his hands for feet? NO?

I feel the game has again changed and our boys are trying to understand that last year has gone. Regardless of not beating top 4 sides, we made footy look so easy last year under the speed of the game. the NRL has effectively put the brakes on the comp to stop the blowouts and it's working.

We will come good. we won't be winning by 50+ each week but our coach and our players will click and come September many on here will be again made to look foolish thinking the sky had fallen in after 2 rounds.
I wouldn't call anyone foolish for suggesting we are playing like ****e, when we are actually playing like ****e.

Generally all teams will have ups and downs over their existence. It's only fair that their fans call a spade a spade as they see it.

Even if we make and win the grand final, doesn't discount the fact that at present, we are ****e.

I wouldn't call anyone foolish for suggesting we are playing like ****e, when we are actually playing like ****e.

Generally all teams will have ups and downs over their existence. It's only fair that their fans call a spade a spade as they see it.

Even if we make and win the grand final, doesn't discount the fact that at present, we are ****e.
Facts are facts 💯 %. You are correct they have struggled.
My objection is to the abuse some on here love throwing the way of certain players and the coach.
Given our 30-0 loss to the dogs in reggies tonight its obvious tinkering too much with the NRL side may have dire consequences.
Koula will get his chance and when he does im sure he will go ok. Not because WE called for it but because Des decided he was ready. Case in point Albert 'the messiah' hop on the bus to Canberra....

I don’t dislike Des as I don’t know him, what stands out to me is that Des is off the pace with Robinson and Bellamy by a significant margin.

Robinson and Bellamy hold their players accountable to form, Crichton benched after a big win due to his form, Des stands by past results which is where the team are.

IMO Des is not in the top echelon of coaches in the game now, Cameron Ciraldo would be my pick.
Fair enough agree to disagree on Des. In relation to Ciraldo why him? Not sold on the assistant coach thing especially the long term ones. Look at all the assistants that have stepped up from under Bellamy after long apprenticeships and who have somewhat failed. Ciraldo should have gone on to coach FG after his stint at Penrith in 2018 albeit at another club.

Forget defensive. We need a shock to the system, and have him as our number one guy. I'd be okay with him coming in and making some very tough calls with the roster too. We are at a point, some players need to be washed away to other clubs.
Who needs to be "washed" away?

hahahahahaha, sack the coach..Why..??? you all carry on like this is a Grand final winning team and he can't coach, they are a mediocre team as seen last year , nothing more nothing less, we couldn't beat the top teams last year and won't this year...

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10