Patience

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Im hearing a bit about when Tom gets back etc....and that would be right if we could guarantee he would be injury free...frankly i'm scared when he gets back as who knows how long he lasts based on recent history.

Like this week against the dragons. I think a lot people on this forum think its just us turning up on friday and we will get the easy win.

Dragons down in Wollongong on a Friday night with our record against them, our injuries and us having forgotten as a team how to win , just can't see us getting up against the dragons.

0/3 With panthers the following week, interesting times ahead.
Yes our record is so good against Dragons of late. They pumped us last year, and who can forget that great effort against them at WIN during the Barrett years. On current form and with their historical win rate over us we are looking down the barrel of getting rolled by one of the wooden spoon favourites. 0 and 4 start to the year will be nasty. Thank God the Warriors potential home coming to Mt Smart against us in Rd 5 has been kyboshed - otherwise that would have been another tricky one....still won't be easy

Completely agree.

Forum is going into melt down and it's like we're forgetting that Tom is back not too far away... round 6-8? He adds +10 points a game minimum... give or take in attack or defence. Statistically he's the most valuable player to the line in betting in the NRL (close with Tedesco)

We played two teams who are shoe-ins for the top 4 this season and everyones thrown in the towel.

Get 3-4 wins by the time Tom is back and the worst is behind us, still in the game.

Would love to see Des give couple youngsters like Koula a go too... keen to see the team next week. Our forwards put in last night which was a big difference from last week & back-end of the season.
Well, that's all well and good until we realise that the +10 points Tom adds per game lasts for 2 rounds before he breaks down again.

Well I can say I saw some positives - the attack was terrible - DCE 's form is horrid. Davey's loss is hard to take especially given he had to tidy up a horrible DCE pass and because I honestly think/thought he brings the attitude we desperately need and he looked like he would make a huge difference. We made way too many basic errors - a team out of form must hold onto the ball - just criminal making those stupid errors especially loose carries while getting tackled and in the ruck. But the forwards were good, the effort in the main was there - we didn't just lie down and get run over. I agree with Snake when you train all off season and then there are significant injuries just before round 1 and then after round 1 and during round two - Turbo, Sironen, Davey that is going to significantly impact on the side's attacking play as well as the workings of the defence. If those injuries were after 10 or 15 weeks - well into the season we might be in a better position to handle them because the team would have been used to each other by then and used to Foran and the style of play we now want to play and certainly more used to the slide defence strategy. I am guessing we haven't just changed our defence from up and in - to slide but I gather our attack has changed to accommodate Foran. That all takes time to gel. Only having 1 trial is a problem and has caused the clunkiness along with the injuries. I get the not wanting to get injuries but 1 trial - crazy! I still say Croker is not the man at hooker - still say it was stupid to put Walker at fullback essentially meaning you take our best centre by far and use him to plug a gap which then creates a massive issue at centre. Still say Keppie and Boyle are just plodders. Davey was a shining light - now gooorne. Let's get Walker to Centre - Harper to fill in until Turbo gets back, Cust to Hooker, Guacomle to second row when he returns, Turbo back in hopefully two weeks, Garrick out for Funa/Harper/Tippytoes - anyone, Sironen back. I read that Cust was injured - not sure what happened there. I must say it is disgraceful that we as supporters are having to look for some light in a dark tunnel. We expect more from this club and this team. We are used to quality and excellence and the performances to date are not acceptable. There are reasons but some of the reasons were preventable - ie no trials, right selections but we now need action - action on the field. Now is not the time to want to sack Des, blame the Penns, blame the salaries of high profile players, whinge about Fainu's lack of replacement bla bla bla. Now is about us getting behind this club and Des and the players digging us out of this mess. We still have a bloody decent side albeit needing some changes with the players we do have... not the ones we dont - injures/suspended or not even on our roster. One last thing - Des didn't throw any of those disgraceful passes, Des didn't drop the ball as he got up to play it, Des didn't miss those tackles. Des needs to pick the right players for the job - but those 17 players - well 16 because Davey was blameless - those 16 players need to be the ones taking full responsibility. The players need to get some grit and just go back to playing simple no frills footy until they get the confidence back and that means - smash it into the middle for three - a play to one side for 4, another smash it in or a scoot from dummy half for 5 - then kick and do it over and over - error free and DCE must take the line on directly - not sideways. The Titans on Friday night pretty well did just that - forwards smashing it and I mean smashing it in and it was just a simple game plan. Do you think Terry Randall, Ian Martin, Eadie, Kosef, Toovey etc would be looking for someone/something else to blame?
stop dreamin, turbo wont be back until round 16

Passion is the achilles heel on Rugby League forums, no doubt.

Passion blinds logic and people vent their frustrations and that's fine.

As passionate as I am, I choose to remove my emotions from the situation for a moment and think rationally.

We don't need a new coach. He has been to five Grand Finals; too many for luck to play a part.

DCE is an Origin winning Captain. The squad is littered with talent. Enough to compete each week in this competition.

Tom T is a big out for us and the Fainu situation has meant we are down a genuine 9.

We will get Tom T back and we have enough to suggest that we will weather this storm. It just hasn't been a great start to the year...it happens. That's RL.

Keep the faith and get behind the club instead of knocking it when it's down. We need genuine supporters, not stone throwers. If you wanna throw stones, go for it. But the rest of us will enjoy future success so much more because we stuck solid during the tough times (which I might add, are not that tough when compared to say, Parramatta's history).
Love your post
Love your Loyalty
Love your passion
Great post

Perspective time ....

Manly fans are Proud and Passionate Manly people and our passion comes from the high standards that our Legendary club has set

Manly fans will NEVER support mediocre team performances that dishonours our Legendary clubs proud winning history

But Manly supporters will ALWAYS support their Legendary club through the tough times and the good times
20210110_081944.jpg

Wonder why we haven’t looked at signing either Karmichael Hunt or Kevin Locke as a backup for Tom???? Think they’d come pretty cheap? Both starred in Qld Cup over the weekend & both were good full backs when in the NRL. Locke was on a trial & train contract with us a few years ago!!! Still at a reasonable age & would be so fvcken handy right now!!! I know Hunt had some issues with illegal substances but that was a while ago......

Manly lose to Wests in trial - Silvertails "we need a proper coach like Maguire"

Week 1
Manly lose to Easts by 40

Week 2
Wests lose to Easts by 40
MANLY
Tapau
Jurbo
DCE
Suli
Walker

TIGPIES
Tamou
Brooks
Douehi
Leilua
Mbye (bench)

You tell me which team should be better? Yet somehow Tigpies look more threatening with the ball? When we played each other they scored 3 tries in last 10 min to beat us because they showed more effort....

There are big problems with our team and that starts with the coaching... 2 wins (cows and dogs who are worst teams in comp) from our last 15 games in a 'results driven business' - you do the math...

Not sure anyone suggested Maguire.

Still didn't suggest he take over our team. Cannot imagine anyone, let alone a majority, would want him.

MANLY
Tapau
Jurbo
DCE
Suli
Walker

TIGPIES
Tamou
Brooks
Douehi
Leilua
Mbye (bench)

You tell me which team should be better? Yet somehow Tigpies look more threatening with the ball? When we played each other they scored 3 tries in last 10 min to beat us because they showed more effort....

There are big problems with our team and that starts with the coaching... 2 wins (cows and dogs who are worst teams in comp) from our last 15 games in a 'results driven business' - you do the math...
I look at their forward pack versus ours and think ours is better, but their backline is not too bad. Three of their spine would walk into our side at the moment - Laurie (who could be buy of the year imo), Douehi and Liddle - not to mention they have a gun winger in Nofoaluma. So I am not surprised they look more threatening with the ball.

I look at their forward pack versus ours and think ours is better, but their backline is not too bad. Three of their spine would walk into our side at the moment - Laurie (who could be buy of the year imo), Douehi and Liddle - not to mention they have a gun winger in Nofoaluma. So I am not surprised they look more threatening with the ball.
Laurie shows potential and Nof is definitely better than our wingers... Douehi hit/miss atm and Liddell solid but not great (jmo)...

I was more comparing the established big-name players for each side...

our team should never be finishing behind the tigpies who do pretty well with the stock they have - remember the best tigpies side is spread across the league whereas the only players Manly have lost (that we wanted at the time) are JWH, Lane and (possibly) Garner...

I didn't include Sirro or Tom (injured) or Manase (1 good season) or Saab & Aloiia (solid but no stars) or Foran (old, injured and discarded) so I think it is safe to say that we are underperformers- injuries or not...

Why are we the only team without a backup fullback option? We should have bought a winger that can fill in when needed and do the job

Not Sure what we should be patiently waiting for? One win from the last 12 starts. How bad does it have to get? I can't see a win on the horizon.

Love your post
Love your Loyalty
Love your passion
Great post

Perspective time ....

Manly fans are Proud and Passionate Manly people and our passion comes from the high standards that our Legendary club has set

Manly fans will NEVER support mediocre team performances that dishonours our Legendary clubs proud winning history

But Manly supporters will ALWAYS support their Legendary club through the tough times and the good times
View attachment 17384
Thanks Bozo.

I've been thinking about what it means to support Manly and only part of it is winning. Manly don't have to win all the time for me to be a proud supporter. The rich history and the great memories count for so much.

Yes our record is so good against Dragons of late. They pumped us last year, and who can forget that great effort against them at WIN during the Barrett years. On current form and with their historical win rate over us we are looking down the barrel of getting rolled by one of the wooden spoon favourites. 0 and 4 start to the year will be nasty. Thank God the Warriors potential home coming to Mt Smart against us in Rd 5 has been kyboshed - otherwise that would have been another tricky one....still won't be easy
That game at Win during Barrett's tenure sends shivers down my spine. That was one of the very worst performances I can remember.

For all the predictions of Souths winning by 30+ we actually lost that match more than they won it. We actually had glimpses of being a proper football team tonight.

Yes there are glaring issues evident to the armchair coach and some changes that need to be made to fix them (some more difficult than others)... but I don't think it's all doom and gloom like some here will have you believe.
Dear Mr Hank. If not for the rain we would of been pummelled. We were better no doubt but we need turbo to be a threat

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10