Patience

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Does anyone really think it will go up to 70% plus when Turbo returns?

I will be estatic with 55% wins if Turbo returns
That’s the thing though, at around 50% win rate you’re around the 8. Just depends when he comes back and how many competition points we have at that point.

And obviously him staying fit the rest of the season...

Two things I was looking forward to yesterday didn't happen - long minutes on the field from both Davey and Cust. Some bad luck for us there, only two games in. I think both could have - and would have - made a noticeable difference in attack and defense.

Good to see Foran take the line on yesterday, it put the Rabbits defense in two minds. DCE should have done it more. I know it was a wet/slowish track, but the Bunnies forwards were starting to run out of puff in the second half, and we didn't take the opportunities.

For me, Parker to left edge second row next week, Walker to left center, and Harper to fullback.

Why: Harper looks more confident in the FB role, Walker is obviously more comfortable in the center position (and played well at left centre when called on top do so in the past - and can set up a winger), and Parker gets to defend one spot further in towards the ruck - not brain surgery for an experienced player.

Parker is 6'3", and 100 kgs. While he would not be the biggest second rower these days, he's presumably big and strong enough to have impact in a tackle (ask Sivo).

In terms of backrowers and to put things into perspective, Watmough played 2nd row on our left edge at 95kgs. Cam Murray is listed at 90 kgs (!), and Victor Radley at 92 kgs. While these latter two are exceptions to the general rule, it proves that size isn't everything. Even Cordner and Crichton are only listed at 102 kgs. 'Our' Gojetski is listed at 95 kgs, though I suspect he's probably about 98 kgs these days.

We're down three second rowers out of four, at least out of the ones we would turn to first. We have (in theory at least) three first grade centers (stop laughing), so one of them needs to do a job for the team. Parker in the second row sounds a lot more palatable than Walker at fullback.

And to those of you clamoring for Schuster at second row: it was good for him to get some minutes - lots of them as it turned out - in the middle of it all to get match fitness and an idea of first grade defense. Cliff used to play lock for Manly occasionally, too. But it's a bit like wearing an expensive suit out bush walking; it will do the job, but that's not what it's made for, and you're just going to mess it up.

That’s the thing though, at around 50% win rate you’re around the 8. Just depends when he comes back and how many competition points we have at that point.

And obviously him staying fit the rest of the season...

That's actually why I said 55%. If Turbo returns after round 5 for example, 50% from then gets us nowhere.
At 55% we have a chance to sneak into the 8. Actually looking at it, we would need at least 65% wins over the last 20 games to give us 13 wins.
We need 1 or 2 from the first 6 without Turbo.

Realistically the way we have played, winning 13 out of 20 with Turbo is impossible.

Completely agree.

Forum is going into melt down and it's like we're forgetting that Tom is back not too far away... round 6-8? He adds +10 points a game minimum... give or take in attack or defence. Statistically he's the most valuable player to the line in betting in the NRL (close with Tedesco)

We played two teams who are shoe-ins for the top 4 this season and everyones thrown in the towel.

Get 3-4 wins by the time Tom is back and the worst is behind us, still in the game.

Would love to see Des give couple youngsters like Koula a go too... keen to see the team next week. Our forwards put in last night which was a big difference from last week & back-end of the season.

Even if we had our best lineup and were in form, a win against the Rabbits and Chooks is no guarantee and a toss of the coin at best. We need to panic when we drop games against weak opposition.

Snake, I think some people losing their shiite is more about 1 win from our last 12 comp games .. than it is about losing the past 2 games against quality opposition ..

Loves snakes input as always, he is one of many who likes to give his opinion on who needs to step up. I am happy with his optimism amongst all the doom. We are in a rebuilding phase with a team still without depth in the backrow although our backs seems to have some level of depth and there is some good youth who are still a while away from first grade.
If we make the finals this year we will only be cannon fodder for the teams with better balanced sides. Its going to be an interesting time for Des to work it all out otherwise god knows who will want to step in and clear the joint out. The tigers must love seeing Tedesco running around with the Roosters.

Two things I was looking forward to yesterday didn't happen - long minutes on the field from both Davey and Cust. Some bad luck for us there, only two games in. I think both could have - and would have - made a noticeable difference in attack and defense.

Good to see Foran take the line on yesterday, it put the Rabbits defense in two minds. DCE should have done it more. I know it was a wet/slowish track, but the Bunnies forwards were starting to run out of puff in the second half, and we didn't take the opportunities.

For me, Parker to left edge second row next week, Walker to left center, and Harper to fullback.

Why: Harper looks more confident in the FB role, Walker is obviously more comfortable in the center position (and played well at left centre when called on top do so in the past - and can set up a winger), and Parker gets to defend one spot further in towards the ruck - not brain surgery for an experienced player.

Parker is 6'3", and 100 kgs. While he would not be the biggest second rower these days, he's presumably big and strong enough to have impact in a tackle (ask Sivo).

In terms of backrowers and to put things into perspective, Watmough played 2nd row on our left edge at 95kgs. Cam Murray is listed at 90 kgs (!), and Victor Radley at 92 kgs. While these latter two are exceptions to the general rule, it proves that size isn't everything. Even Cordner and Crichton are only listed at 102 kgs. 'Our' Gojetski is listed at 95 kgs, though I suspect he's probably about 98 kgs these days.

We're down three second rowers out of four, at least out of the ones we would turn to first. We have (in theory at least) three first grade centers (stop laughing), so one of them needs to do a job for the team. Parker in the second row sounds a lot more palatable than Walker at fullback.

And to those of you clamoring for Schuster at second row: it was good for him to get some minutes - lots of them as it turned out - in the middle of it all to get match fitness and an idea of first grade defense. Cliff used to play lock for Manly occasionally, too. But it's a bit like wearing an expensive suit out bush walking; it will do the job, but that's not what it's made for, and you're just going to mess it up.
Then stop look forward to things maan, your farking us up, Davey and Cust this week, probably Turbo for round 1, don't even tell me what you're looking forward to next week !!!

All the rest I agree 100% with, I was laughed at, I was mocked but I was on the Parker to second row bandwagon way before Rangacussion was heard of.
Harper to FB and Walker back where he belongs and we are a vastly improved side.

Even if we had our best lineup and were in form, a win against the Rabbits and Chooks is no guarantee and a toss of the coin at best. We need to panic when we drop games against weak opposition.
We have only beat the dogs in 11 outings and I would love to think next week will be different but, you are living in dream land if you don’t understand the issues and keep thinking we have a team that can be competitive when Tom returns, Turbo will be great to have back and definitely be a positive, if he can remain injury free, which is the big question Mark now, we hope and pray his horror run ends, but we need to address some desperately needed changes, first step I think is at least admitting we have it wrong and stop persisting with players and game plans that are clearly flawed, with respect to the current direction of the game.

Then stop look forward to things maan, your farking us up, Davey and Cust this week, probably Turbo for round 1, don't even tell me what you're looking forward to next week !!!

All the rest I agree 100% with, I was laughed at, I was mocked but I was on the Parker to second row bandwagon way before Rangacussion was heard of.
Harper to FB and Walker back where he belongs and we are a vastly improved side.
I'm looking forward to some w'end action with the missus next w'end................damn.......... :-(

Like this week against the dragons. I think a lot of people on this forum think its just us turning up on friday and we will get the easy win.

Dragons down in Wollongong on a Friday night with our record against them, our injuries and us having forgotten as a team how to win , just can't see us getting up against the dragons.

0/3 With panthers the following week, interesting times ahead.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10