Patience

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Oh man the views of so many have aged really badly on this thread.

What was it again.

No speed.
No skill
No passion
No hope.

Oh and
Tommy Tissue.
DCE is past it.
Des has no idea.
Terrible roster.
We will be fighting for the spoon.
Bottom 4 side all the way...

Loved the bits saying we needed to do what the titans were doing also. That was inspired crapola.

Fact is we palyed 3 of the premiership heavyweights in the first 4 rounds. Fact is we were terrible and off the pace.
Fact is instead of deathriding the players and management perhaps a little bit more support could have gone a long way.

Fact is we are balls deep in this title race and a little bit of luck might just see us do something extra special ...
I agree with almost everything you say but I believed DESpicable got it very wrong with selections early in the season and got lucky that injuries to Walker, Sir Loin, Lance, Suli and Jetski forced him to make changes. We may never have seen Guacca, The Shoe, Harpo and Sippers become permanent members of our top 17.
I never thought we had a terrible roster, simply because we weren't seeing the talented 'second tier' players get their chance.
By mixing a blend of experience with youthful exuberance (and Turbo, of course) we now have a team that is playing for one another and is enjoying their football. I doubt I have every seen such a transformation of a backline from those first four matches when we had no attack to a more traditional style of Manly backline of speed, excitement and skill.
Watching the 17 we have had in recent matches has been a joy.

I agree with almost everything you say but I believed DESpicable got it very wrong with selections early in the season and got lucky that injuries to Walker, Sir Loin, Lance, Suli and Jetski forced him to make changes. We may never have seen Guacca, The Shoe, Harpo and Sippers become permanent members of our top 17.
I never thought we had a terrible roster, simply because we weren't seeing the talented 'second tier' players get their chance.
By mixing a blend of experience with youthful exuberance (and Turbo, of course) we now have a team that is playing for one another and is enjoying their football. I doubt I have every seen such a transformation of a backline from those first four matches when we had no attack to a more traditional style of Manly backline of speed, excitement and skill.
It's a long season and I doubt the 17 we have playing know will be the same for the rest of the year,Des has a squad and he will use them all Shu, Harper, quac all first year of NRL,Siro Walker and Suli will be back in the side probably through injuries or resting players, All these players resigned with the club under Des they wouldn't have if they weren't in his plans to say the only reason they get a run is due to injuries is rubbish

The way I look at it, Schuster, Olakau'atu, Harper & Sipley had no game time last year due to COVID preventing the reserve grade comp.

Des wanted them to get a few games under their belts to get match fit before bringing them into first grade.

Schuster debuted last year but got injured & was out for the rest of last season, & Sipley was still coming back from a bad leg break, so they were even more underdone than the other 2.

Olakau'atu suffered a really bad elbow dislocation in the first BWSE game of the season so was unavailable.

Harper is the only one I'd accuse Des of being slow to bring up from BWSE but even then, he probably wanted to field a team with the most experience until Tom was back from injury, hence Walker at fullback & Suli & Parker in the centres.

I think we finally saw Des' reason for having Suli on the bench these past 2 games - to give Tom & spell & move Garrick to fullback.

Last week was too close to take Tom off but last night wasn't.

Quite risky not having a 3rd forward on the bench but the mad scientist does it yet again.
agreed very risky and I said he would never go with just two forwards on the bench lol. As I said what do I know - - answer - zero

The way I look at it, Schuster, Olakau'atu, Harper & Sipley had no game time last year due to COVID preventing the reserve grade comp.

Des wanted them to get a few games under their belts to get match fit before bringing them into first grade.

Schuster debuted last year but got injured & was out for the rest of last season, & Sipley was still coming back from a bad leg break, so they were even more underdone than the other 2.

Olakau'atu suffered a really bad elbow dislocation in the first BWSE game of the season so was unavailable.

Harper is the only one I'd accuse Des of being slow to bring up from BWSE but even then, he probably wanted to field a team with the most experience until Tom was back from injury, hence Walker at fullback & Suli & Parker in the centres.
Great analysis

I'm pretty sure that Des was well aware of the potential game breaking ability of Schuster, Harper, Haumole and Sipley.

He extended Haumole before he played a game in firsts this year. He extended Schuster this year. He signed Harper from the Dogs. I get that you can't stand the bloke - but his longevity and record are at the highest end of the coaching ladder.

I'm pretty sure that Des was well aware of the potential game breaking ability of Schuster, Harper, Haumole and Sipley.

He extended Haumole before he played a game in firsts this year. He extended Schuster this year. He signed Harper from the Dogs. I get that you can't stand the bloke - but his longevity and record are at the highest end of the coaching ladder.
Funnily enough and as I have said many times.... Des just happens to know a bit more than us. Some people on here though believe they have been robbed of the chance to be an NRL coach and instead are just plodders on here and yet still think they know more than Des. Honest injun - unbelievably some people on here do think that. This is the first time I think anyone has realised this revelation. Poor old frustrated coach potato plodders!

Hindsight is a wonderful thing , I’d have,

Bought a house in Dee Why for $19,000.00 in 1973 not Moree.

I’d have bought 10,000 CBA shares at $3.40 not 1000 in 198

Bet $1000 not $50 on my annual “ Manly to win “ in 2008 and 2011.

And not said some things I said in rounds 1-4 ( although Croker not being TNI is still true ).

Fair dinkum , admonishing people who made comments during our disastrous first four rounds is a bit rich.

It was a highly charged , emotional time.

And will happen again if Tommy goes down and we lose 6 in a row.

And not said some things I said in rounds 1-4 ( although Croker not being TNI is still true ).

Fair dinkum , admonishing people who made comments during our disastrous first four rounds is a bit rich.

While I have made the odd passion filled comment during a bad patch I don’t think I have ever got the pitchforks out! (Excluding the Barrett years)

To be fair Mark, certain essay length posters who always think they are right about eeeeeverything, from league, our team to bloody Corvid, ( not you, though you are a world class dribbler, your more respectful) were giving it to anyone who didn't share their belief so it's only fair some get their cumuppance.
Worse is they haven't owned it, just disappeared.

Hindsight or not pitch forks at dawn

Admonishing people for the deathriding and the total lack of support for Des, the players and the club to me is spot on. In fact I wouldn't say it is admonishing anyone - merely pointing out facts. Many of the comments were vile and for the fact that many have just now disappeared or have failed to admit their reactions were a total over reach and that Des indeed does have some idea - as I said just says a lot about people's character. I didn't want Des back because of his treachery but I could never question his footy IQ. Do I think everything is rosy - no - without Turbo we are just another side. And yes there still has to be some players sent packing at the end of the year. I would hate however to be on in a fight or a battle wanting to rely on the support of many of the people on here... they are damn quick to abandon ship and throw anyone/everyone under the bus.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10