[moved] Surprise, surprise!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Too be honest, I really don't care what people do until it starts to effect others.

What I found strange was your call for it to be legalised.

Drugs cause more damage than they are worth.

My niece is marrying a guy who cannot remember his life from 18 to 27. He has taken over three years to get his life together and even now there are issues. It all comes down to drugs - and what they did to him. Anecdotal yes - but he is lucky to be alive.

As a teacher I cannot understand why anyone needs to take a recreational drug. Call me old-fashioned, out of touch or whatever but when you see what they have done to a percentage of lives, I can't understand why anyone would want to use. Research stacks up!!!! Anything that can be done to stop kids experimenting should be done. Don't care what you call me - it is just plain dumb. I had plenty of chances to use but I didn't need to.

I have never tried ecstacy myself but have been around lots of my friends that take it when they go out (not as much nowdays as we getting older) but I never looked down on my mates or others for doing is every now and then. It is not like Joey was found with a needle in his arm after having blown his years salary on heroin/coke and ice. Perspective people!!!

As I see it, it is playing Russian Roulette. I've played it and come out relatively unscathed.

But not everyone is so unfortunate.

My counsel now with the weight of age is that it's not a risk worth taking. But I also sense that you can't legislate morality and the urge to experience and take risks is an essential part of our make-up..

If someone listens to my advice, they've probably learned a lesson the easy way. If not, they may have to learn the hard way.

I know that holds true for a nephew and neice of mine.

I have never tried ecstacy myself but have been around lots of my friends that take it when they go out (not as much nowdays as we getting older) but I never looked down on my mates or others for doing is every now and then. It is not like Joey was found with a needle in his arm after having blown his years salary on heroin/coke and ice. Perspective people!!!

Exactly Garts.
It doesn't reflect on your personality or lifestyle in any way.
Joey is/was a professional sportsman & a very good one. That's who he is.

The people who have blown their minds on "drugs" are people who have a certain personality type. They're the people who take things too far.
If it's not "drugs", it'd be something else.

To say that you don't understand why people do it, is to not put any thought into it. Why do people do anything ?
Bungee jumping is risky, but a rush. Playing footy is risky, but fun. Almost anything you can think of that is fun to do, carries an element of risk to our fragile bodies. That's life. You can close yourself off to it or you can see what it has to offer.

We're all going to die one day, you might as well have a good time while you're here. All within reason. It's about calculated risk, not avoiding risk.

It is not like Joey was found with a needle in his arm after having blown his years salary on heroin/coke and ice. Perspective people!!!

He'd be dead 655 times over if he put his salary into his arm!

I am not saying lock up every user or work on harsher sentencing but I cannot agree to making it legal for people to take substances that RUIN lives. We are talking about thousands of people in our country. Yes - there is culture that says it is okay but I cannot fathom it at all. I have another friend who works with people with addiction and there are many lives ruined or in the process of being ruined. Some here can justify their own habits but in the end it is empty rhetoric as we are talking about lives and livelihoods.

Matas, did you watch the Footy show tonight, Johns has admitted what you were saying earlier.

does that make him a better example in your books now?

Always dredging up the addicts. The same can be said of anything.
Absolutely meaningless percentages on ground level.

There are no habbits or needs. Just alternative nights out.

Call me what you like. But I was in the scene between 18-24 at raves and whatever. I had many friends that took the **** and was offered gear many times, by strangers and friends.

I never had the need to do it. I could have a good time without it.

So do I think I’m better than you and Duff or anyone else who are followers and haven't got the gumption to say no to there mates............. **** yeah!

You guys can sex drugs up as much as you like, as what Mata said one hit can kill.

Matas, did you watch the Footy show tonight, Johns has admitted what you were saying earlier.

does that make him a better example in your books now?

So he comes "clean" when he's caught, after at least 14 years of use?

You guys can sex drugs up as much as you like, as what Mata said one hit can kill.

that's something of a misquote. I did not say one hit can kill. But it is the difference between taking one step along the road to addiction, or not.

What I am saying is that some people have a very short road to addicition, but noone knows how long their particular road is unless they travel it.

The question is - is it worth travelling.

If you get a dodgy dose it can kill.

How many cases of ecstasy deaths over the past 10 years?

You're more chance of being hit crossing a pedestrian crossing than getting killed by dropping an E.

I was fighting with myself not to reply to this due to the fact I had a severe run in with Mata over it previously.

Byso, tell me, which kills more people, Alcohol or Ecstasy?

Then answer this question, why do you drink?

Alcohol is a POISON, yet you are happy to put that into your body. And dont come the legal angle with me, just because something is legal doesnt make it good for you. We all know smoking and alcohol are 2 of the major contributors towards death in this country.

So because you drink, does that make you a follower without the gumption to say no to alcohol, a known POISON? Yes it does.

You are no better than anyone else here.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6