Game Day: Manly v Panthers [Round 16, 2018]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
In addition to what you said It’s good to see Uate out, Lewis Brown Out and Lane with limited minutes. I don’t want to see Lane any more. If he doesn’t want to play for Manly he should be playing in Blacktown. We should be preparing for next year.
I see a good forward squad building for next year, we just have to complete the clean out.
I just wish we didn’t do stupid things like take the two points when they are a man down. That could easily have gone very wrong and it’s the hallmark of a dumb coach. The season in over so it is time to get the team playing footy so we can build and practise for next year.
Promising signs, and while I am still pissed we are left at 5-11 I just want to focus on building for next year not watching penalty goals.
NYEagle
Taking the two points was the correct decision. It proved decisive. How that makes Twenty a dumb coach, as you say, is mystifying.

nrl should have to buy a medicab for the clubs that don't have them...and then reduce the salary cap by the amount.

(wont happen) but c'mon teams...sort yer selves oooout

giphy.gif

images

It only just came through.... but it was nice to hear the Manly chant on the tele.

:)

I just wish we didn’t do stupid things like take the two points when they are a man down. That could easily have gone very wrong and it’s the hallmark of a dumb coach

Can't agree with that at all, I can't see any reason why with the scores tied at the back end of the game, you don't take those 2 points, every coach in the league would be instructing his side to take the 2 and get the lead and back yourself to come down and score again, which is exactly what we did and had breathing space in the closing minutes

You kick the goal, you take the lead. You miss the goal, you get the ball kicked back to you from a dropout

Yep, I have to wrap the desire and attitude to grit that out. There was a period of play there from AFB, where it was looking like an ominous collapse. AFB dropped the ball coming out, then chose to roll around on the ground after being involved in a tackle without any genuine desire to get up and back in play. He was subsequently penalised when the play was turned back inside and he was still offside ambling back for a breather. It was very lazy and poor commitment, those 1%ers that make a difference. At that stage I thought we were going to cave, but to their credit. the team pulled together and battled hard all the way through to the end.

That is the biggest blight in AFB’s game. So many times he is laying around the ruck after a tackle instead of showing desperation to get up and back. Something to work on.

Yea Walkers pretty farkin smart isn't he. Thanks again Walker.I seen this coming weeks and weeks ago. Its inevitable he is where he is Hes a liability.Too bad its not his mouth.

then why didn't you say anything - if he knew he was going to cop a knock to the knee in that tackle he could have done something different

nrl should have to buy a medicab for the clubs that don't have them...and then reduce the salary cap by the amount.

(wont happen) but c'mon teams...sort yer selves oooout
I am pretty sure that we don't have one.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8