Game Day: Manly v Panthers [Round 16, 2018]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
First win at Penrith since 2011

IMG_20180630_170223.jpg

Oh Gaz... the talent certainly doesn’t match the brain

Congratulations to the 17 players and to Twenty. I didn't agree with his bench selection of Hodkinson but ultimately it proved the correct one. Also the much maligned Matt Wright, before his injury, and Parker both proved their worth.
While many on here may belittle Twenty's selections and tactics it's obvious from the shots of him in the box that he bleeds maroon-and-white. He's as passionate as all of us. I think we should lay off him.

I'm glad I got my ECG done this arvo and not have to do it during or after the game!

:rock::whew:

Still a bit torn though whether I wanna download this game for future watching......!

It shows how much we missed our forwards out with injury. The combination of Tanginoa and Paseka off the bench is what allows our side to 'play the 80'. Taupau and AFB are great up the middle, although they can't stay on for the entirety of the match, and the players replacing them have been inadequate without both Paseka & Tanginoa. Suli is good, and Wright/Parker weren't found out tonight. Great result, although the efforts of some players do sugarcoat the quality of the side. As long as we continue to grow, and win, we can finish this season respectably. I think the reality is hitting the players now that they have greatly underachieved to this point.

Strong win manly, was eerily confident prior, although still comes as a surprise. Shame about Walker, hope he's ok.
In addition to what you said It’s good to see Uate out, Lewis Brown Out and Lane with limited minutes. I don’t want to see Lane any more. If he doesn’t want to play for Manly he should be playing in Blacktown. We should be preparing for next year.
I see a good forward squad building for next year, we just have to complete the clean out.
I just wish we didn’t do stupid things like take the two points when they are a man down. That could easily have gone very wrong and it’s the hallmark of a dumb coach. The season in over so it is time to get the team playing footy so we can build and practise for next year.
Promising signs, and while I am still pissed we are left at 5-11 I just want to focus on building for next year not watching penalty goals.
NYEagle

Maroon on dribble M just announced 'Jack Trbojevic' as man of the match.
I didn't see that much of him, can anyone else enlighten?
edit: I hope there is another brother called "Jack".:)

I saw great games from Tom and Jake but happily surprised by the stats....Jake played 80 minutes, stats for Manly 144 metres (1st), 32 tackles (1st), and offload to Hodko for try. A quiet achiever.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8