Game Day: Manly v Panthers [Round 16, 2018]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I did the unthinkable and tipped against manly for the first time ever cause I’m slipping down the ladder on the tip comps
Why I don’t know but on the plus side we won , will I tip against Manly again No. but it served its purpose yesterday so I’ll take it as a win.

I believe it originated from the lack of a dog's pedigree .... ie .... "no. it's not pure breed ... it is just a mutt" ... in time being applied to any low-life form ... for example .... any club other than Manly ...

PSS .. you have caught me in a good mood today ... sitting at my usual table of incontinence I made a bet with the waitress (a big Brekkie) regarding which animal was the official animal of Scotland ...... too easy ....

Sounds a bit like you were asking some deliberate 'phallic' type questions! Ask her out already.....!

I've got to wonder just how accurate these stats at the top of this post are? I understand they come from the NRL, but they must be compiled by the work experience kid.
Examples:
Every player in the top 13 plays 80 minutes.
No reserves play any minutes yet rack up playing statistics
Tom Turbo made 0 tackles in the match?
DCE made only two runs and gained just 10 metres?

I've got to wonder just how accurate these stats at the top of this post are? I understand they come from the NRL, but they must be compiled by the work experience kid.
Examples:
Every player in the top 13 plays 80 minutes.
No reserves play any minutes yet rack up playing statistics
Tom Turbo made 0 tackles in the match?
DCE made only two runs and gained just 10 metres?
@Dan needs to change the source.

Jake played 80 not 0 and Nase didn't play 80 ...

Nrl stats down bottom of page
https://www.nrl.com/draw/nrl-premiership/2018/round-16/panthers-vs-sea-eagles/

Is the presser available yet ...without the nrl's inside pass?

#talkthegameup
#makeinfoavailableyabastards

All the best Sue with whatever you turn your focus on next.

Bye next week so they are all no chance
Why don’t you call me a kiddy fiddler champ like that bloke the other night. Quickly removed of bourse. As I said then you must be able to hold your hands up because where I come from blokes like you get dealt with very quickly .

Like every Manly fan I love a win. I have travelled to Sydney twice and Christchurch to watch the boys. As for that game it was the worst game of football I have seen in a long time and everyone who watched it agreed so if you want to hang your hat on it knock yourself outZ

Despite only making one less error than the Panthers - 13 (14) and just completing two more sets than the Panthers - 27/38 (25/38) we still managed to enjoy 14% more time in possession - 57% (43%) which resulted in Manly having the ball for over 7 minutes more.

This resulted in Manly having 14 more runs than the panthers - 172 (158) and 105 extra running metres.

Manly made 26 more tackle breaks than the Panthers - 39 (13).

Manly created 4 more offloads - 11 (7)

Manly had a superior kicking game - 17 kicks/417 metres (14 kicks/304 metres) and a 77% kick defusal (33%)

Manly's defence was far superior with only 13 missed tackles (39 missed tackles Panthers). We had a 91% tackle effectiveness.

Only 4 missed tackles by our backs and great sliding defence on our tryline.

Almost half of our tackle breaks were made by three players - Thompson - 5, Taupau - 6, Walker - 7. Even more impressive Taupau only played 35 mins for his 148 metres/6 tackle breaks and Walker only played 48 mins.

Tom and Jake both provided a try assistand a line break assist, coming up with the perfect plays when it really counts.

Fainu comes up with the goods. High Energy - 64 mins - 31 tackles, 0 missed tackles, 100% tackle efficiency, 4 runs for 37m, 2 tackle breaks and a very speedy play-the-ball - 2.15 seconds!

Hodkinson back in form - Proved an invaluable replacement from the bench with a couple of great successful attacking kicks and great support play leading to a try.

Despite the high error count we still managed to control the game and implement a game plan that eventually wore the Panthers down.

7 of our players were error free - Tom & Jake, Fainu, Thompson, Winterstein, Hodkinson, Paseka. With Tom, Fainu and Thompson also perfect in defence with 0 missed tackles

Thompson Masterclass!

And the list goes on........ Lots of positives to take out of this game despite the errors.

Last edited:
Despite only making one less error than the Panthers - 13 (14) and just completing two more sets than the Panthers - 27/38 (25/38) we still managed to enjoy 14% more time in possession - 57% (43%) which resulted in Manly having the ball for over 7 minutes more.

This resulted in Manly having 14 more runs than the panthers - 172 (158) and 105 extra running metres.

Manly had a superior kicking game - 17 kicks/417 metres (14 kicks/304 metres) and a 77% kick defusal (33%)

Manly's defence was far superior with only 13 missed tackles (39 missed tackles Panthers). We had a 91% tackle effectiveness.

Almost half of our tackle breaks were made by three players - Thompson - 5, Taupau - 6, Walker - 7. Even more impressive Taupau only played 35 mins for his 148 metres/6 tackle breaks and Walker only played 48 mins.

Tom and Jake both provided a try assistand a line break assist, coming up with the perfect plays when it really counts.

Fainu comes up with the goods. High Energy - 64 mins - 31 tackles, 0 missed tackles, 100% tackle efficiency, 4 runs for 37m, 2 tackle breaks and a very speedy play-the-ball - 2.15 seconds!

Hodkinson back in form - Proved an invaluable replacement from the bench with a couple of great successful attacking kicks and great support play leading to a try.

Despite the high error count we still managed to control the game and implement a game plan that eventually wore the Panthers down.

7 of our players were error free - Tom & Jake, Fainu, Thompson, Winterstein, Hodkinson, Paseka. With Tom, Fainu and Thompson also perfect in defence with 0 missed tackles

Thompson Masterclass!

And the list goes on........ Lots of positives to take out of this game despite the errors.

Great stats BS. That makes Fainu’s debut even more impressive than it looked on the box. The kid just seamlessly slotted in. Got a goodun on our hands me thinks.

Thompson Masterclass!

Nice work BS ,despite the errors we looked sooo much better with the dummy 1/2 service of Manu very crisp and fast good effort from all concerned
Would still like to see Tom wright there but even so still got to give old Mr Reliable Matt Wright a wrap he got that try in the corner got injured but was there again when walker went off , so well done to him.

The moral of the story in our season so far ....
This was not the prettiest win but on paper we don't have the ugliest team either . We should have been performing a lot better and won more games with the quality of players that we have and have not have been using in our squad .

Last edited:
Ka mate, ka mate! ka ora! ka ora!
Ka mate! ka mate! ka ora! ka ora!
Tēnei te tangata pūhuruhuru
Nāna nei i tiki mai whakawhiti te rā
Ā, upane! ka upane!
Ā, upane, ka upane, whiti te ra!

next morning edit: - I'm not sure why I posted the words to the Haka...

Last edited:
Can't believe that Marty's soaring take was not part of the Match Highlights video.

A huge Samoan Sea Eagle in flight 76th minute :oops:
Capture+_2018-07-01-15-15-13.png

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10