Libs to block Rudd's rescue initiative

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Zep link said:
It funny you should say that Tookey. Turnbull has a lot of ongoing support from farmers since he was Enviromental Minister. It is probably best that he leads till the next election as they have already had one change since the last election and another would make them seem weak.

Mata it was the coalitions 1st choice. Speculation on the part of Costello, Bishop resigned and Turnbull became leader.

I don't know what farmers you talk to, but the ones I know that can string two words together probably have more disdain for the merchant banker than they do for Rudd.

Bishop
Nelson
Costello
Hockey Mum

4th.

The Gronk link said:
I'll put my house not only on the ALP winning the next election, but with an increased majority. 

I admit that it will probably take two terms for Rudd's policies to take effect.  At the end of the two terms australia will be at least $200m in debt. 

tookey link said:
[quote author=The Gronk link=topic=179100.msg207359#msg207359 date=1234908664]
I'll put my house not only on the ALP winning the next election, but with an increased majority. 

I admit that it will probably take two terms for Rudd's policies to take effect.  At the end of the two terms australia will be at least $200m in debt. 
[/quote]
And Mr Popularity, Costello, will be a footnote in Aussie politics history. If they have a Crown Lager keg I'll get one. Or maybe a nice Tamanian drop. I'm serious, but I cannot see me ever having to provide one.

tookey link said:

[/quote]

$200m isn't too bad.  I think you mean $200bn?  The really concerning thing is that Australia will have run out of assets to sell so the Libs can hoodwink people into believing they're good money managers.

I once heard the best explanation of Liberal/Labor from an American.

Liberal = Commerical Assets
Labor = Government Assets.

Liberals want everything commericially ran, Labor wants everything to be Government ran.

I know there is exclusions and what not, but I think it was a pretty far GENERAL assessment

Matabele link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=179100.msg207366#msg207366 date=1234914015]

[/quote]

$200m isn't too bad.  I think you mean $200bn?  The really concerning thing is that Australia will have run out of assets to sell so the Libs can hoodwink people into believing they're good money managers.
[/quote]

Yes $200b is more like it.

Zep link said:

Liberals want everything commericially ran, Labor wants everything to be Government ran.

I know there is exclusions and what not, but I think it was a pretty far GENERAL assessment

So that would be why labor sold the biggest government assets such as the commonwealth bank and qantas?

The Gronk link said:
[quote author=Zep link=topic=179100.msg207390#msg207390 date=1234928361]

So that would be why labor sold the biggest government assets such as the commonwealth bank and qantas?
[/quote]
i never said it was true to letter it was just someones explanation of how the two parties think

I think Zep's explanation is pretty old hat. Despite the Unionist scare campaign, the changes made by Hawke and Keating impacted big time on the growth of commercial assets and saw the decline of the Government sector and influence of the unions. While the Workchoices campaign has a fair impact in the last election, it was simply because many Australians saw that the dismissal laws had gone too far.

For example, Rudd and Gillard have not cut back on private school funding, VSU has remained in Uni and the stimulus packages have been intended (rightly or wrongly) to go in part to individuals in order to boost spending in the small business and building sector. There is more Labor could do to support Large and Small business and they will always have to work to keep their Union constituency happy, but my personal opinion is that federally there is a lot of similarities in the overall approach.

The Gronk link said:

You never know if Rudd wins it may cost our houses ;)

byso link said:

[/quote]

I didn't realise that Rudd was working on Wall St or in American mortgage companies lending to people who don't even have jobs. 

Maybe there is a course at Quaker's Hill TAFE on how the world economy actually works ;)

The Gronk link said:
[quote author=byso link=topic=179100.msg207449#msg207449 date=1234952044]

[/quote]

I didn't realise that Rudd was working on Wall St or in American mortgage companies lending to people who don't even have jobs. 

Maybe there is a course at Quaker's Hill TAFE on how the world economy actually works ;)
[/quote]

hehehe....

Canteen Worker link said:
I think Zep's explanation is pretty old hat. Despite the Unionist scare campaign, the changes made by Hawke and Keating impacted big time on the growth of commercial assets and saw the decline of the Government sector and influence of the unions. While the Workchoices campaign has a fair impact in the last election, it was simply because many Australians saw that the dismissal laws had gone too far.

For example, Rudd and Gillard have not cut back on private school funding, VSU has remained in Uni and the stimulus packages have been intended (rightly or wrongly) to go in part to individuals in order to boost spending in the small business and building sector. There is more Labor could do to support Large and Small business and they will always have to work to keep their Union constituency happy, but my personal opinion is that federally there is a lot of similarities in the overall approach.

For us that is exactly what we will be spending it on. We have some things around the house need doing, some fences,landscaping and blinds. so the stimulus will be spent exactly as intended.....Rudd isn't as dumb as you think, especially given Obama just signed off on another infinitely larger package in the US

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/754057/govt-waving-white-flag-on-whaling

Yet another backflip. :( Add this to withdrawing troops and education reform and health reform. It is getting to be a pretty significant list. Seriously, it is like that start a new issue to talk on about for a month or 2 and once it dies down in the media they suddenly make it disappear. Also I felt it was pretty slack they announced the cut to defense in the middle of the bushfires when it wouldn't get 30 secs on any News channel.

Zep, Troops are coming home as promised, the talk from the inside is all about who will end up doing what since the reserves have taken over a few postings and ops in the last 5 years or so but hey, dont let facts get in the way of a good story.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8