Libs to block Rudd's rescue initiative

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Zep link said:
it is more the cutting of spending on new defence items that i am worried about. It will mean that service technicians won't be employed. Pilots won't be recruited.

Also Rudd would not have like that the orignal white paper mentioned China as a threat. I am not saying that isn't a good call but i feel we are going to have to choose in the next 25 years if we are stronger allies with the US or China.

If Rudd stays in power we will have sold all of our minerals off to china and we will all be speaking Mandarin with english as our second language.

no doubt Tookey. But the question is, is that the best for this nation? IMO, no it is not. I prefer democracy to communist.

Aslong as we don't sell them large quanitities of Uranium i think we will be right. Like the song goes "because we got the bombs, two words, 'nucleur fu<king weapons'."

Democracy doesn't work neither does communism.

We don't practice true democracy in this country and china doesn't practice true communism either!

Human rights wise, communism just never works out.

Communism on paper sounds like the ultimate utopian answer, the problem is that humans in general are greedy self servings bastards. Its our nature.

We need more Altruists in this world, then communism might just work

Dan link said:
Democracy doesn't work neither does communism.

We don't practice true democracy in this country and china doesn't practice true communism either!

Human rights wise, communism just never works out.

Communism on paper sounds like the ultimate utopian answer, the problem is that humans in general are greedy self servings bastards. Its our nature.

We need more Altruists in this world, then communism might just work

Greedy arseholes in the bankng industry in particular are who got us in the current mess.

But how do you stop it?  There is no easy answer.

McCarthyism and nationalism seem to be the flavor. I can't believe some of the comments above - but it just confirms that this country is headed down the road to something like a luke-warm version of fascism. Another 12 months of rising unemployment and we shall see how jolly the populace wants to be. Altruism? - that heading is going missing from the compass.

Please don't mention that half of this country was sold off to every nationality under the Libs including food production and our mineral deposits, so don't come bleating now that the deals have already been closed. I think we should just stick to worrying about Dan's ceiling have bottle tops stuck in it.

I havent bottled yet, I am still in the first stage. Pitching at 34 was possibly excessive, but at least I know this beer is going to have some fizz.

I am making sure I bottle this lot in the plastic bottles. I don't want shattered Grolsch bottles everywhere.

I think I may store them in the fridge out the back which is turned off at the moment, just to be safe

My Brother-iin-Law stored them under the house and you could hear the bang then the pinging as they hit the bottom of the floorboards. Bloody funny. He just had to put that extra scoop of sugar in!

lol

I put an extra bit of sugar in at brewing, but that shouldn't be a problem, it just makes it bubble and brew longer.

it's the extra sugar when you put them in the bottle that is the danger.....I won't go that far down the track YET.

Mate - your brew could be very effective in fighting fires - could create quite a spray should the horror of down south spread up your way.

its going to be one that will curl your hair I reckon

Dan link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=179100.msg206555#msg206555 date=1234220661]
[quote author=Dan link=topic=179100.msg206550#msg206550 date=1234218591]
So my homebrew is going effing crazy up hear. I had to pitch the yeast at 34 degrees which isn't ideal, now I am battling to keep the lid on and water in the airlock. Shooting foam everywhere it is!
  That's going to taste like vinegar if it doesn't pop the bottles before you drink it. 
[/quote]

nah it happens. just active yeast us all
[/quote]BS if you had the yeast in at 34 degrees you're gonskis.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=179100.msg206558#msg206558 date=1234222310]
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=179100.msg206555#msg206555 date=1234220661]
[quote author=Dan link=topic=179100.msg206550#msg206550 date=1234218591]
So my homebrew is going effing crazy up hear. I had to pitch the yeast at 34 degrees which isn't ideal, now I am battling to keep the lid on and water in the airlock. Shooting foam everywhere it is!
  That's going to taste like vinegar if it doesn't pop the bottles before you drink it. 
[/quote]

nah it happens. just active yeast us all
[/quote]BS if you had the yeast in at 34 degrees you're gonskis.
[/quote]

Not at all. I take it you have never really actually done much home brew.

You can pitch yeast up to almost 40 degrees.

If the temperature is too high the yeast with die of essentially shock and you wont get any activity. That is the only risk with pitching at high temperatures.

It's all stabilized and bubbling fine now. The initial rise was the only problem which I solved with a blow off tube.

there is a very slight chance that I will have a high alcohol content or a slightly bitter taste, but not at 34 degrees. Most people up here have very little choice but to pitch at that temperature

Last home brew I did I pitched between 34 and 36 same results I had to knock up a blow off tube, then it was fine. I add an extra cup of brown sugar at this stage to counter act any bitterness, but higher tempratures provides a fruitier flavour rather than a bitter one

I remember my old boy used to have his brew sitting at about 7-9% alcohol content.

It took my Grandfather one glass followed by a short stint driving the porcelain bus to force him to bring it down to 3.5%-4%.

tookey link said:
[quote author=Zep link=topic=179100.msg206538#msg206538 date=1234179253]
it is more the cutting of spending on new defence items that i am worried about. It will mean that service technicians won't be employed. Pilots won't be recruited.

Also Rudd would not have like that the orignal white paper mentioned China as a threat. I am not saying that isn't a good call but i feel we are going to have to choose in the next 25 years if we are stronger allies with the US or China.

If Rudd stays in power we will have sold all of our minerals off to china and we will all be speaking Mandarin with english as our second language.
[/quote]

Fine with me, it's easier than f*cking English tbh.

Gruggy link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=179100.msg206566#msg206566 date=1234225716]
[quote author=Zep link=topic=179100.msg206538#msg206538 date=1234179253]

[/quote]

Fine with me, it's easier than f*cking English tbh.
[/quote]  Don't worry about Rudd.  I'm hearing the yanks are talking about printing money to counter all the junk bonds they're written for the slit eyes over the last 15 years.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6