Libs to block Rudd's rescue initiative

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
take out the handout and there will be a deal.

And why the hell wouldn't you want to bring forward the murray project?

From both parties, this is about politics, not about common sense or what is best for the country. It is about positioning themselves to look best and most responsible at the next election.

Element of truth in that. But seriously Turnbull is hated by most after he pushed for the hand out to be cut. Not very smart IMHO.

Remember the hoo ha and "aw gosh" when Australia committed a "huge" $1bn to the tsunami relief fund after hundreds of thousands of people died and millions were made homeless?

Now there's 55 times that amount being thrown around to ensure no Australian child lives without a plasma screen TV by 2010.

Home brew is in the bottle, I had a taste even before bottling and it's shaping for a very good, non vinegar tasting brew. Actually has a Super Dry taste at the moment!

Looking forward to cracking one whilst I watch the World Club Challenge

Turnbull has been a big dissappointment so far and expect a change to be made with the leadership with Costello gaining support at the moment. 

Maybe Cr Li has a chance.

It funny you should say that Tookey. Turnbull has a lot of ongoing support from farmers since he was Enviromental Minister. It is probably best that he leads till the next election as they have already had one change since the last election and another would make them seem weak.

Mata it was the coalitions 1st choice. Speculation on the part of Costello, Bishop resigned and Turnbull became leader.

I hope the opposition get it together. As we have seen in NSW you need good opposition to have good government. I hope that the Libs get their act together and aren't a rabble into the near future.

I will put on a keg for all the silvertails here if Costello ever leads the Libs to a Federal election victory. It is not going to happen.

Costello and Turnbull despise each other - though the same was true for Howard and Costello - and they made it work professionally at least.

ManlyBacker link said:
I will put on a keg for all the silvertails here if Costello ever leads the Libs to a Federal election victory. It is not going to happen.

Do they make kegs with crown lager.  Never say never.  Stranger things can happen especially when the economy goes to **** big time in the next 12 months.

Should it happen I will come - in tears - to part-take in the keg!!!! (Crown or not - maybe Pure Blonde in memory of Helen Coonan and Julie Bishop!!!)

tookey link said:
[quote author=ManlyBacker link=topic=179100.msg207303#msg207303 date=1234864722]

Do they make kegs with crown lager.  Never say never.  Stranger things can happen especially when the economy goes to S**t big time in the next 12 months.

[/quote]

The economy was doomed to failure as soon as the mining boom ended. That is Howard Costello's legacy.

There was never much long term plans in that team

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4