Libs to block Rudd's rescue initiative

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just heard on Gold Coast ABC radio the EU President fuming over the US's decision to pump money into there own economy (aka Stimulas Package), saying that it only prolonged the great depression in 20-30's and that this time will be no different.

what argument????

I was merely stating what someone else said. Neither supporting it or commenting against it. EU as a whole has equal GDP with the US so it will definately be interesting to see what comes out of the region.

Zep link said:
what argument????

I was merely stating what someone else said. Neither supporting it or commenting against it. EU as a whole has equal GDP with the US so it will definately be interesting to see what comes out of the region.

I just assumed this post was related to the arguments you put in the dozens of other posts you have made in this thread. 

Dropping in someone who happens to agree with you and then saying you are uncommitted to what they said doesn't cut the mustard I reckon. 

I believe in the Stimulus package though. My posts say that. I just don't want to see it in handouts. Infrastructure projects would be much better. And with Rudds attitude of if it gets worse we will keep throwing money at it is not the way to allow the Markets to go through there cycle.

Heard Joe Hockey on the ABC Gold Coast Radio this morning. Interesting points. Rudd meets with the chinese Propaganda minister. Swann gets paid trip/s to China as well as our defense minister. Our DSD investigate the Defense minister? And Australia is borrowing 500million a ?day? from China?
Yes Rudd I believe you when you say you will block Chinas take over of numerous mining companies. We believe you  ::)

(note: i could be wrong on 500mil a day, could be week or even month.)

Is it just me or does anyone else think that K Rudd is punching above his weight on the international stage. Australia must have a bigger economy than I thought or a larger defense force.

Oh, and as of today I have officially been stimulated.
Shame I had spent it already, shrug.
Thanks tho, it's actually a big help.

ManlyBacker link said:
[quote author=ManlyBacker link=topic=179100.msg207368#msg207368 date=1234918093]
[quote author=tookey link=topic=179100.msg207366#msg207366 date=1234914015]
[quote author=The Gronk link=topic=179100.msg207359#msg207359 date=1234908664]
I'll put my house not only on the ALP winning the next election, but with an increased majority. 

I admit that it will probably take two terms for Rudd's policies to take effect.  At the end of the two terms australia will be at least $200m in debt. 
[/quote]
And Mr Popularity, Costello, will be a footnote in Aussie politics history. If they have a Crown Lager keg I'll get one. Or maybe a nice Tamanian drop. I'm serious, but I cannot see me ever having to provide one.
[/quote]
Turnbull is way behind in the polls with Costello the preferred choice to lead the Libs out of the wilderness. He may need to stop off at a few burning bushes to get advice though. I never thought I would see the day when the Smirkster became the great right hope. Maybe I should save up my pennies for that keg - ha ha ha ha :)
[/quote]

I feel like buying a keg just to enjoy the moment anyway. ;)

"A week is a long time in politics!" as they say. Libs allow passing of the alcopops tax, The Trusty Old Ute backfires and 'Gonky' Grech is caught with his pants down.

im suprised byso wasnt on the front foot re utegate.

guess he knew there werent enough eggs in the world

I just think that more people at the moment hate Turnbull than Rudd. 

I didn't think that anyone could make Rudd look competant but Turnbull is doing a great job. 

I was looking yesterday at the top Libs who could replace Turnbull, and the best and very ugly choice is probably Abbott. For this countrys' sake that would be a terrible decision. It is at the point that the Smirkster should be asked to change his mind about not contesting his seat and have a crack at it. I just can't see a single other Senator or Member who inspires me but am willing to hear suggestions.

Hockey is the Libs next in line after Turnbull but he is not ready for the top job yet. 

Not sure why Costello has retired as he would give Rudd a better run for his money than turnbull.  I guess he doesn't have the stomach for it any more and figures that he didn't want to be leader at the next election and lose. 

The guy that the Libs should try and get on board and who i reckon would make the best leader out of any of them is the independant barnaby joyce.  I have him speak a number of times and he seems to have a lot of common sense. 

The Libs are stuffed at the national and state level and don't wouldn't surprise me to see them lose the next state election with Ofarrell in charge.  They need to go for a Baird or Stokes as leader.  Someone new.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8