Liam knight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Correct!
Several posters (such as @Brookvale2015 and @Ryan to list but 2) write as thought they have incontrovertible evidence that he's already signed to Chooks for next year.
It does not make sense to me that if that was the case it would be a secret.
It certainly doesn't make sense that Barrett would not know about that.
And it also wouldn't make sense for Barrett to publicly lie about it.
All of which leads me to think those people are stating as fact matters which are still mere rumour and prediction. Not to mention slamming the young player for his disloyalty.
Personally, I still have hopes that Knight will stay with Manly.

Sanity prevails

A lot on here and big rumours had BJ at the Roosters signed, sealed and training but he runs out in Eagles colours today.

• 🤝
Reactions: Rex
The new me is trying to not get attached to players, who only have a short time in the game so will go wherever the $$$ are most.

If they pull on the maroon and white I'll cheer, if they go somewhere else I'll boo.

Last years fiasco did me in, my days are gone now it's Gen Y and $$$.

To be fair Pappa Knight could be as much Liam's father as Wombat is you know who.

Ultimately without anything confirmed we will all just believe what we want too

Loyalty??? Only mostly fans. If he was my son I would say get the best deal to set you up for deal. Remember Ballin, Gutho etc. Dylan Walker and Kapow brought in quick smart, bad luck Gutho etc. I always say if you got offered an extra 100 thousand a year to do the same job what would you do?

Correct!
Several posters (such as @Brookvale2015 and @Ryan to list but 2) write as thought they have incontrovertible evidence that he's already signed to Chooks for next year.
It does not make sense to me that if that was the case it would be a secret.
It certainly doesn't make sense that Barrett would not know about that.
And it also wouldn't make sense for Barrett to publicly lie about it.
All of which leads me to think those people are stating as fact matters which are still mere rumour and prediction. Not to mention slamming the young player for his disloyalty.
Personally, I still have hopes that Knight will stay with Manly.

If your contracted to a club for a full season ahead, and agree to terms with the season after that, why WOULD you announce it to all and sundry? You'd end up wallowing in reserve grade.

If his Manager, himself and The Chooks are smart, they say nothing, so that Manly, Barrett continue to develop him for them, as they all hope we give him a shot in first grade to get him ready for them.

It would be in everyone's interest (apart from Manly, and Manly fans) that nothing is said, so we continue to develop him for them. Like I say, you want out as a player, piss off.

Stringing Manly along thinking they are still negotiating with him, and hoping he remains, is the smartest thing the kid could do - at our expense.

I just hope the kid decides and we can all move on. I really think that Greenturd and his cronies at NRL HQ MUST do something about this endless speculation that we see about player movements. The potential that young Liam will sign with the Rorters before a ball in anger is kicked this year is just another slap in the face for a club that develops youngsters and sees them acquired by clubs like them who can use their 3rd party payment system to lure players away. The days of clubs developing junior talent and being able to retain them are just about over with this movement of players we see now.

With property prices the way they are, is it any wonder young players are chasing the best deals they can?

If he has signed elsewhere he'll be asking for an early release such as Walker with souffs and Tapine with newcastle. IMO he hasn't signed anything yet and we might still get to keep him.

Stringing Manly along thinking they are still negotiating with him, and hoping he remains, is the smartest thing the kid could do - at our expense.
I see your point but is the contract even binding until registered with the NRL? And at that point isn't there is a cooling off period or a chance for the current club to counter?
Actually I have no idea how it works nowadays.

If your contracted to a club for a full season ahead, and agree to terms with the season after that, why WOULD you announce it to all and sundry? You'd end up wallowing in reserve grade.

If his Manager, himself and The Chooks are smart, they say nothing, so that Manly, Barrett continue to develop him for them, as they all hope we give him a shot in first grade to get him ready for them.

It would be in everyone's interest (apart from Manly, and Manly fans) that nothing is said, so we continue to develop him for them. Like I say, you want out as a player, piss off.

You say that like you're certain you know it to be fact. Overheard something in a coffee shop Ryan?

Even if that is true the scenario you hypothesise doesn't seem to hold. We develop Knight in firsts and so he becomes worth more. Roosters then try to register the contract they purportedly have now - and Manly easily gazump them within the 10 day period. So Roosters have to up their offer to have any chance - meaning the original contract is null and void and all sides are starting from scratch. i.e. the contract means nothing unless he doesn't cut it.

You say that like you're certain you know it to be fact. Overheard something in a coffee shop Ryan?

Even if that is true the scenario you hypothesise doesn't seem to hold. We develop Knight in firsts and so he becomes worth more. Roosters then try to register the contract they purportedly have now - and Manly easily gazump them within the 10 day period. So Roosters have to up their offer to have any chance - meaning the original contract is null and void and all sides are starting from scratch. i.e. the contract means nothing unless he doesn't cut it.

No, basically someone wrote to me about it, and I thought nothing of it (and to be honest, I don't see the huge deal if he goes - I just don't want that infectious attitude lingering around the club).

Then I heard it a few more times from different people.

So I actually know absolutely nothing. I just don't want another "I'm leaving" attitude cancer growing at our club when Foran, Choc, Matai (was asking for releases) etc were rampant.

I've always said, I'm happy as long as we have Manly people, at Manly.

I do wonder is all the stress really worth it? We spent all last season stressing about Foran and DCE.

And then they both left - kaboom - our worst fears realised. Well that's good we were justified in having all that stress.

So we faced our worst fears, they happened, and here we are. Looking better for it.

I do wonder is all the stress really worth it? We spent all last season stressing about Foran and DCE.

And then they both left - kaboom - our worst fears realised. Well that's good we were justified in having all that stress.

So we faced our worst fears, they happened, and here we are. Looking better for it.
Yep. Pretty much refuse to get involved in the Will He Won't He ever again. Let's face it, that stuff is all about fear and to my mind, that's what drives all the horror and nastiness in society in general at the moment. So I'm refusing to buy into fear on any level for any aspect of life.
On paper, we have a great team for 2016. Bring it on!!!!!!!

If Knight does leave Manly then look at the brightside in that manly will have a bucket load of cash to spend next year with heaps of players off contract.

Knight goes and we sign Matt Scott. I would be happy wth that. Or even Kane Evans from the chooks in retaliation.

Other clubs won't find us such an easy target now that Fulton is back in charge

I wouldn't have thought we have 250 to spend. Maybe next year if he goes alright this season and we offload a couple.still think he will stay ,great mates with the trob boys.
If there was enough $$$ there for Cordner or Klemmer then we have money to spend. You've got to remember its for 2017, I'm sure the club will keep moving guys on like they have already done.

Hi guy's.
First time poster so I hope I have it right.
Saw a article in Sunday's tele re Kali Meehan being the team minder,boxing coach,and helping in rehab. Since we have a Meehan in the juniors and now on the staff maybe we will end
up with the older bro and it might have something to do with Liams signing.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8