Liam knight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I think some people have to remember this is a guy who has not played NRL yet. Yes he has looked like a future star in the NYC, but not all young guys kick on due to various reasons. IMO we shouldn't be offering any more than $250k. If he wants to go to the Roosters because they are offering more $$$ then see ya later Liam.

$250K? $100-150K with incentives to upgrades would be more realistic. I want him to stay but you have to earn a spot in FG to justify contract upgrades ala DCE in 2011

I think some people have to remember this is a guy who has not played NRL yet. Yes he has looked like a future star in the NYC, but not all young guys kick on due to various reasons. IMO we shouldn't be offering any more than $250k. If he wants to go to the Roosters because they are offering more $$$ then see ya later Liam.
I wouldn't have thought we have 250 to spend. Maybe next year if he goes alright this season and we offload a couple.still think he will stay ,great mates with the trob boys.

I get the feeling that the current custodians of our club are after instant success (that'd be good!). That involves big name signings and no time for developing longer term prospects. No evidence. Just what it looks like to me. (May just be wishful thinking as I really can't warm to the Penn family).
If that's the case, a young bloke who's a few years off blockbuster simply won't have a place.
Alternately, the Roosters are bastards who devour everybody's young!

I get the feeling that the current custodians of our club are after instant success (that'd be good!). That involves big name signings and no time for developing longer term prospects. No evidence. Just what it looks like to me. (May just be wishful thinking as I really can't warm to the Penn family).
If that's the case, a young bloke who's a few years off blockbuster simply won't have a place.

With Gould referring to them as Roosters juniors developed by them

I'm absolutely convinced, Manly will do everything they can to keep Knight. Not getting caught up in the hype, but this kid will feature in the 17, somewhere, come finals time. So will Fonua-Blake. I hope anyway

I'm a little bit more optimistic BE. I agree that they want the club to improve on the ladder but I reckon they felt they had to act fast before Killer, Snake and Skivy got another year older. Throw in DCE and they still have a highly rated Grand Final winning backline to build on. Now they build (cherry pick) a team with a balance of experience and hunger (from the younger guys coming up like Turbos, Parcell, Ramien, Knight). I also think this is (at least part of) the reason why they didn't give Toovey his last year.

The last couple of years our club was looking less attractive to players, players wanting to leave, bagging the place. I'm confident these guys are putting up a club that players want to come to, both experienced and junior. Not every Sea Eagle junior will be a Randall, Krilich or Toovey, but if they're close, they're going to have to fight to get in our team. Way it should be, way it used to be.

Trent Barrett today (Big Sports Breakfast - thanks Bones).........
"Liam Knight, he's going well, he's a young front rower that we've got at the club and trying to extend his contract at the moment. He's going well and he'll see some first grade this year I think."

• 🤝
Reactions: Rex
"Liam Knight, he's going well, he's a young front rower that we've got at the club and trying to extend his contract at the moment. He's going well and he'll see some first grade this year I think."
Quick, someone should tell the club to not waste their energy as Liam is already gone. How can the club be so stupid when everyone else knows it as fact?

• 😆
Reactions: Rex
Quick, someone should tell the club to not waste their energy as Liam is already gone. How can the club be so stupid when everyone else knows it as fact?
Exactly, but I think you have to cut everyone a bit of slack SER8. We have been through a time when every bad rumour about players leaving turned true, Foz, Gift, Choc, DCE.
But then there was a time when we got the players we wanted to get, and kept the players we wanted to keep, and that's now.

They were trying to extend Foran when he had well and truly re-signed already. This is another example of a mercenary and renegade. Get out of the spotlight Knight, and fester for 12 months, until you go the same way as Oldfield, Tasi, Elsegood & many others at the Chooks and disappear into the nether like they do to players.

A lot of smoke on this one. Loyalty is dead has been for a while.
Watching juniors such as watmough and foran walk out along with the treatment of toovs.
Rumours these days very close to mark . Disappointing ....

I have as much idea as anyone on here....ie none.
But if this bloke does end up at the Roosters he has rocks in his head.
They are so flush with forwards its not funny.
Personally, I think he will re-sign with us, but its only a common sense call based on the dollars they would have spent on Cordner with Money Bill still to come, coupled with the fact we'll.shed Mateo, Burgess, Hodges and likely Lawrence or Starling.
If we had cash for Cordner, Klemmer, Jackson etc then we have the cash to upgrade Knight.
Time will tell, but if he has the right people in his ear telling him the right things, then he will re-sign.....

I took @SeaEagleRock8's comment as sarcasm.
Correct!
Several posters (such as @Brookvale2015 and @Ryan to list but 2) write as thought they have incontrovertible evidence that he's already signed to Chooks for next year.
It does not make sense to me that if that was the case it would be a secret.
It certainly doesn't make sense that Barrett would not know about that.
And it also wouldn't make sense for Barrett to publicly lie about it.
All of which leads me to think those people are stating as fact matters which are still mere rumour and prediction. Not to mention slamming the young player for his disloyalty.
Personally, I still have hopes that Knight will stay with Manly.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8