Krillich wants back in

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ramrod said:
There are too much scare tactics about losing Dave Perry if the new group gets in. They have assured me that is not in their agenda.
I can only take their word for it. Who the hell knows!

Isz, Ramrod and ManlyBacker, I appreciate your points of view and respect your approach.

Removal of Dave Perry would not be in the LC nominee's (stated) agenda but it most certainly is in one P Peter's agenda regardless of it holding no logic. My observations of and interactions with PP over the years along with the opportunity he has to influence other voters leads me to make the assessment that this outcome is a real threat. I don't want that outcome to be possible and it will influence my vote.

DSM5 said:
Bob Fulton lost my vote when he joined up with that clown Hadley. Total dickheads, the lot of them. Now he does have an agenda.
That is a bit harsh mate . I respect your opinion that you personally dont like that radio sports show but you have to give them credit for their success of being the top rating radio show for years .

Mark from Brisbane said:
So @BOZO you'll be happy when there's no AVO's and a harmonious board, and clearly then you are prepared to be playing out of maybe the SFS or Gosford???

Whilst Ray Brown may not have an " agenda" he doesn't actually need one, it's just to vote whichever way the Penns want.

You can say whatever you want BUT this is all about changing the vote from the present 3/4 against to 4/3 for.

And once that is in their hands, then it's all about what generates the most profit and stuff the fans.

Oh yes we will still have the Sea Eagles but the question is ...... At what cost???'
Mark , These "Maybe " SFS / Gosford rumours sound like a political scare campaign to me . Players like Krillich that want stability on the board also support playing out of the ground where they bled maroon blood for many years .

lsz said:
Bones the issue I have us that no one knows that

As many others have said, apart from vid, there has been a significant lack of transperancy

To be honest this is the reason I refuse to become a member ( of this part)

That's an interesting approach. You don't like the current set up but you don't want to become a member in order to give you the opportunity to change it ??

bones said:
If the current board is beaten at the meeting, it is likely that Dave Perry will lose his job. That's enough reason to vote against the other mob IMO. David Perry has been great for this club since he took over and for him to be punted would be an injustice.
It is also a bigger injustice not have have a harmonious board for the sake of keeping David Perry . David Perry has done a great job but he is not the Messiah . ( Bobby Fulton Is ) :)

lsz said:

As many others have said, apart from vid, there has been a significant lack of transperancy

But we do know his (Perry's) job is safe with the current board.

Chip and Chase said:
lsz said:

That's an interesting approach. You don't like the current set up but you don't want to become a member in order to give you the opportunity to change it ??

Until there are regular transparent elections then I do not see the point. It would be great if there was an independent site where the candidates would post their comitments etc rather than selected phone calls

lsz said:
Chip and Chase said:
lsz said:

Until there are regular transparent elections then I do not see the point. It would be great if there was an independent site where the candidates would post their comitments etc rather than selected phone calls

What are you talking about buddy. There are regular transparent elections. What would you call what's going on ATM.

This is a message from Max Delmege on Facebook:

To Mighty Sea Eagle Members and loyal much appreciated Facebook friends- A Penn backed Peter Peters organised group of Ex Manly players have suddenly appeared on the scene to oust Bob Reilly's incumbent board of the football club. The reason is to ensure, the Penn's get full and unfettered control of our now very successful NRL team. I ASK WHERE WERE THEY when most needed back in 2002-2003? When the club was going under and was within 14 days of handing back their licence to the NRL? They were NOwhere to be seen, Since then with serious capital injection of funds from myself and others but most importantly with your unwavering support we have competed in 4 Grand finals WON 3, officially 2, enjoying a 40-NIL Grandfinal win in 2008.
The club is now profitable and run competently and that is why these GREEDY GRUBBY few want to take control. Don't be fooled by the insincere words keep Bob Reilly's board in place, listen to our very own legend Cliffy Lyons. I ask you this to ensure our continued success on and off the field. I make you this promise personally, I WILL stay closely involved to ensure this success continues. THANKYOU together united we did it, together united we will continue to do it. Stay safe stat happy and if your healthy your wealthy. Vote wisely

lsz said:
Chip and Chase said:
lsz said:

There are regular transparent elections every year, just so happens that all nominations are accepted uncontested because there are no other nominations. That is not the candidates fault. This upcoming election is the first one in years where there have been more than 6 nominations.

The phone calls aren't selective, I believe the Leagues Club group are calling ALL eligible voting members lobbying for support.

I still don't understand the mentality of not becoming a member because you aren't being given any information about an organisation you are not a member of. The annual report is free for all to view, as are the "goals" of the club on their website. As far as I know any paid up member can attend a meeting and ask questions or contact one of the board members and ask relevant questions. It's not the Masons or the Church of Scientology we are talking about here.

If you are not happy with the current situation then join up and exercise your right to vote. Or even nominate yourself for a spot on the board. I'll vote for you ;)

• 👍
Reactions: lsz

To Mighty Sea Eagle Members and loyal much appreciated Facebook friends- A Penn backed Peter Peters organised group of Ex Manly players have suddenly appeared on the scene to oust Bob Reilly's incumbent board of the football club. The reason is to ensure, the Penn's get full and unfettered control of our now very successful NRL team. I ASK WHERE WERE THEY when most needed back in 2002-2003? When the club was going under and was within 14 days of handing back their licence to the NRL? They were NOwhere to be seen, Since then with serious capital injection of funds from myself and others but most importantly with your unwavering support we have competed in 4 Grand finals WON 3, officially 2, enjoying a 40-NIL Grandfinal win in 2008.
The club is now profitable and run competently and that is why these GREEDY GRUBBY few want to take control. Don't be fooled by the insincere words keep Bob Reilly's board in place, listen to our very own legend Cliffy Lyons. I ask you this to ensure our continued success on and off the field. I make you this promise personally, I WILL stay closely involved to ensure this success continues. THANKYOU together united we did it, together united we will continue to do it. Stay safe stat happy and if your healthy your wealthy. Vote wisely

Good enough for me.

Plus the Football Club membership monies goes to footy, not poker machines and rent on an empty building in an industrial area :)

These elections also offer the opportunity for the Board to change the Chairman even with the current 6 being re elected - Vidmar may know this answer.

Send your proxies and turn up as well to make your vote count :exclamation:

bones said:

I thank Max Demelge for his contribution.

However, saying the following people wants to cause harm to our club is a bit unbelievable:

* Max Krilich - over 200 games in Manly 1st grade.

* Alan Thompson - over 200 games in Manly 1st grade.

* Ray Brown - ex Manly player and ex NSW state manager for Aristocrat.

* Warren Jowett - ex Manly player and current Managing Director at Aristocrat, Asia Pacific.

* Warwick Bulmer - the man who bleeds maroon and white and leads our victory song.

* Bob Fulton (supposedly endorsing this group) - over 200 games in Manly 1st grade.

Ramrod said:
bones said:

However, saying the following people wants to cause harm to our club is a bit unbelievable:

* Warren Jowett - ex Manly player and current Managing Director at Aristocrat, Asia Pacific.

* Warwick Bulmer - the man who bleeds maroon and white and leads our victory song.

* Bob Fulton (supposedly endorsing this group) - over 200 games in Manly 1st grade.

Yeah i guess. That would be as believable as Des Hasler harming the club- over 250 games for Manly as a player and two time premiership winning coach at the club. :s

Seriously though, maybe they don't think they are harming the club. They may not be, but it still may not be a direction that we as fans will like, even though some club legends do like it.

Chip and Chase said:
lsz said:
Chip and Chase said:
lsz said:

There are regular transparent elections every year, just so happens that all nominations are accepted uncontested because there are no other nominations. That is not the candidates fault. This upcoming election is the first one in years where there have been more than 6 nominations.

The phone calls aren't selective, I believe the Leagues Club group are calling ALL eligible voting members lobbying for support.

I still don't understand the mentality of not becoming a member because you aren't being given any information about an organisation you are not a member of. The annual report is free for all to view, as are the "goals" of the club on their website. As far as I know any paid up member can attend a meeting and ask questions or contact one of the board members and ask relevant questions. It's not the Masons or the Church of Scientology we are talking about here.

If you are not happy with the current situation then join up and exercise your right to vote. Or even nominate yourself for a spot on the board. I'll vote for you ;)

Happy to put up my hand and say it is my own ignorance then! Will be looking at membership options soon

Cheers

Lsz

Ramrod said:
bones said:

As you pointed out with these guys , bar bozo and thomo they are leagues club directors or work for companies that deal with them.(pokies)

I am sure that these esteemed gentleman don't want to " do us any harm", but are we as fans better served by the current board , who will at least " keep the bastards honest", I think so.

Only time will tell, if you want to deliver the all important extra vote and all power to the Penn's then you will ditch the current crew and vote in Max's mob, if you want what we have now you will vote for the current board.

Regardless of what anyone says ( or writes ) it's as simple as this....a vote for the other option will see a change of power on the franchise board, and that fellow supporters is what this is ALL about

Ramrod said:
bones said:

Totally agree, I don't think Max D is an unbiased observer in this - remember he didn't like Penn asking him to pay his fair share of owners equity.

For me where is anything to say this is a Leagues Club ticket and they main aim is divert funds to the Leagues Club. I may have missed something?

Alan was employed by Krilich as a Plumber back in the seventies. They may still be in business together, although Krilich did declare himself bankrupt a while back, soon after battling cancer and marital challenges.:angel:

Everyone else on the Your Club ticket relies on the Leagues Club continued use of their product :cool:
'Independence', I think not :dodgy:

Control of the Manly Sea Eagles is the only game being played.
The Leagues Club literaly sold their sole vote to one Owner.
So the same people being on yet another Board will easily be swayed by beads and blankets and rationalise it as 'loyalty', all the while espousing 'moving with the times' :mad:

Wheel, you can simply ask Ray Brown if he can assure the Voters that the Leagues Club are not , and have not in 2013, asked for the Footy Club to divest their shareholdings and give the proceeds to the Leagues Club.
Its a valid question and I am sure that at the AGM, the Footy Club could double check their folders for said correspondence, just in case it had been overlooked.

The phone contact is for lobbying, so Ray takes all questions on board and tries to answer them, like he did with mine :idea:
They are after all running a 'Integrity, Stability and Hatmony' campaign :shy:

It seems clear that the Penns are currently on the wrong end of a 4-3 voting block and hope to reverse that by gaining control of the football club board and their 1 seat on the Sea Eagles board.

What I don't understand is:

1. What are the issues in the Sea Eagles boardroom that the Penns are getting outvoted on? and

2. What are the reasons for the football club to be voting against the owners on these specific issues?

If we have to keep hearing about the infighting, allegations of bullying and AVOs, surely we should be hearing about some of the issues that are coming between the factions.

Surely this is part of the roll of the football club's delegate on the Sea Eagles board - to report back to the members what issues were discused, which way the football club voted and why?

Can anyone help me out here?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8